#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo

Anderson SilvaFormer UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s longest title reign in UFC history came crashing down as a result of a well-placed left hand by Chris Weidman on July 6 at UFC 162.

The way the fight played out didn’t sit well with some people.  Silva is known for his showmanship.  He taunts and toys with his opponents, but on that night his antics backfired.

One of the biggest questions heading into the rematch scheduled for UFC 168 on Dec. 28 is will Silva change his style after suffering the first knockout loss in his 16-year career?

“This is my style.  I’ve been working hard for a long time in the UFC.  I’ve had great fights in here with the same position and the same style.  I don’t change nothing,” said Silva during a recent media press conference promoting the rematch.

“I committed an error and my error was that I stopped with my feet parallel to each other, which is being fixed right now.  And he took advantage of that position,” added the former titleholder.

One thing that has changed for Silva is his perspective.  “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone,” sang the glam rock band Cinderella, and those words ring true for the Brazilian superstar.

“I love what I do and I’ve always loved what I do.  When I started training, I never imagined that I’d get to the point that I’m at today.  I always imagined that I would hopefully be as good as my instructors and be able to teach class.  I never thought that I was going to have the success that I had being the UFC champion,” explained Silva.

“I think God really helps me and teaches you all the time.  I realize that I didn’t appreciate, or I didn’t value what I had.  And I can tell you that now, God works in mysterious ways, and now I realize what I had and I’m going to focus to go back and get what I had,” he added.

The former top pound-for-pound fighter in the world says a “new” Anderson is going to show up at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Dec. 28.

“My training has been going well.  I’m very excited to go out there and bring my belt back,” said Silva.  “I have nine more fights.  My focus is my rematch with Chris.  The new Anderson is coming.  Trust me.”

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Chris Weidman Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Demetrious Johnson may make history at UFC 215, but don't expect it to change much

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is one win away from breaking Anderson Silva’s record for consecutive UFC title defenses. Just don’t expect it to win over many new fans, and don’t expect Jo read news >>

In-depth main-card breakdown: 'UFC Fight Night 116: Rockhold vs. Branch'

A breakdown of what to expect from a technical standpoint on the six-fight main card of UFC Fight Night 116. 1 2 3 4 5 6 …7Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg | MMAWeekly.com

On the verge of breaking Anderson Silva's record for title defenses, Demetrious Johnson and his longtime coach brace for a career-making moment. read news >>

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Video: Before UFC 215 title shot, watch Valentina Shevchenko's UFC debut vs. Sarah Kaufman

Before she her shot at UFC gold, watch UFC 215 co-headliner Valentina Shevchenko’s UFC debut, which came in 2015 against former Strikeforce champion Sarah Kaufman.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Did Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee's UFC Interim Title Fight Just Lose 10 Pounds? | MMAWeekly.com

A fight between Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee has been booked for UFC 216. The bout is supposed to crown an interim UFC lightweight champion. According to a Las Vegas billboard, however, it appears the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 115 event in Rotterdam, Netherlands, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media. Check out some of those reactions.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Per Häljestam's best photos from UFC Fight Night 115 in Rotterdam

Check out Per Häljestam’s best photos from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 115 event in the Netherlands.Filed under: Featured, News, Photo Gallery, UFC read news >>

UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg -- Matchmaker Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Matchmakers Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard sit down with UFC commentator Jon Anik to discuss UFC 215, going down on Pay Per View Sept. 9 in Edmonton. read news >>

Reebok and UFC Unveil New UFC Fight Night Collection

Reebok and UFC today introduced their new UFC Fight Night Collection, a holistic update to the official UFC athlete fight night apparel that brings a new aesthetic and style combined with an unpreced read news >>