#UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #GSP #Ben Askren #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Sydney #Shinya Aoki #ONE FC #Rose Namajunas #TJ Dillashaw #Kelvin Gastelum #Cody Garbrandt

Anderson-Silva-UFC-148-pre-press-002-478x270UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in mixed martial arts. He has raised the bar and made us redefine what is considered greatness.  He has become the standard that all future fighters will be compared to and ultimately judged by.

Silva (33-4) puts his undefeated UFC record and middleweight title on the line on Saturday against challenger Chris Weidman (9-0), but to Silva it’s just another fight.

“A fight is a fight, and this is another fight,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.

The 38-year-old Brazilian superstar has nothing left to prove and fights because it’s what he loves to do.

“Whatever I should have already done in the sport I’ve done.  Win or lose, I’ve already done everything there is to do and now it’s just a matter of doing what I love to do,” he said.

For Silva, the challenge isn’t his next opponent.  His challenge comes from within.

“Every new fight is a new challenge, and it’s really going to be up to whoever is better prepared and whoever feels better that night.  Win or lose, a loss and a win are always walking side by side, so that doesn’t really matter because I’ve been doing this since I was eight years old and there’s always new challenges.  There are always new things.  My biggest concern is going out there and doing better for myself.  I’m not concerned with what my opponents do.  I want to better myself and I want to overcome anything that I have,” said the champion.

“I don’t really train to think about my opponent.  I train to do what I do best and what I’ve been doing since I was a kid, which is fighting.  I train to overcome myself.  I train to satisfy myself, not to satisfy anyone else, so I’m not thinking about my opponent.  I’m thinking more about myself and overcoming myself and getting better at what I do,” he added.

Weidman, however, is only beginning to make his mark and establish his legacy.

“Weidman’s been wanting this fight for a while.  I’m sure that he’s going to be very well prepared and he’s going to be able to show on July 6 how bad he really wants this,” said Silva.  “For me, it’s to go out there, and regardless of win or lose, I want to go out there and do my job and I want to return home to my kids in one piece.”

Silva’s legacy is set no matter the outcome at UFC 162. He has a job to do and plans to do what he’s done for as long as he can remember.

“Everything extraordinary I could do in my career I believe I’ve done, and now it’s a matter of clocking in and doing my job and keep on fighting and doing what I’ve always done.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 9 months ago

Comments

Anderson Silva flagged for potential doping violation, pulled from UFC Fight Night 122

Anderson Silva has been notified of a potential violation of the UFC’s anti-doping policy and has been pulled from a planned UFC Fight Night 122 headliner with Kelvin Gastelum.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva flagged for potential doping violation, pulled from fight with Kelvin Gastelum | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has been flagged for a potential doping violation from USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) and pulled from his upcoming fight against Kelvin Gaste read news >>

Anderson Silva Out of Kelvin Gastelum Fight After Possible Failed Drug Test

UFC announced Friday that Anderson Silva has been removed from his scheduled fight against Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night on Nov. 25 in Shanghai, China, due to a potential anti-doping policy viol read news >>

Michael Bisping Agrees to Replace Anderson Silva at UFC China | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has agreed to step in for fellow former titleholder Anderson Silva at UFC Fight Night 122. Silva was slated to meet Kelvin Gastelum in the event's hea read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Anderson Silva at UFC Shanghai After Failed Drug Test

Michael Bisping suffered one of the toughest losses of his UFC career at UFC 217, dropping the middleweight championship to Georges St-Pierre after getting choked out cold. So how is the Brit recover read news >>

Michael Bisping and Kelvin Gastelum UFC Shanghai Media Call | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) After Anderson Silva was pulled from the UFC Shanghai main event because of a potential anti-doping violation, Michael Bisping agreed to step into the fight with Kelvin Gastelum wit read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Anderson Silva at UFC Shanghai After Failed Drug Test

Anderson Silva Defiant After Doping Violation Forced Him Off UFC Shanghai | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva issued his first comments since being flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. Silva was slated to meet Kelvin Gastelum on Nov. 25 in read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Uriah Hall now official for UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis

Vitor Belfort took the liberty of announcing his next fight booking, against Uriah Hall, a few weeks ago. Now it’s official.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Listen to today's UFC Fight Night 122 media call with Michael Bisping, Kelvin Gastelum at 3 p.m. ET

You can listen to today’s UFC Fight Night 122 media call here on MMAjunkie at 3 p.m. ET (noon PT).Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>