#Francis Ngannou #UFC 218 #UFC 220 #UFC Fight Night 124 #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Daniel Cormier #Alistair Overeem #Stipe Miocic #UFC 219

Anderson Hutchinson Enters Titan FC 43 Wanting Finishes | MMAWeekly.com

For featherweight prospect Anderson Hutchinson, 2016 was a year for recovery. After suffering a knee injury, Hutchinson spent the year rehabbing from surgery in anticipation of getting back into action in 2017.

“With my injury and everything I haven’t been doing very much physically,” Hutchinson told MMAWeekly.com. “It’s just been more mental preparation and mental evaluation of everything I was going to be doing in the future once I got healed up.

“Today I’m 100%, but as far of preparation I’ve done a lot of studying and just been basically getting myself ready for my comeback. Now I’ve been applying everything I was learning when I was out injured and putting everything into perspective today.”

TRENDING > US President Donald J. Trump Takes Office, UFC Fighters Light Up Social Media

Hutchinson admits that the recovery process wasn’t any easy process for multiple reasons.

“It took a while,” he said. “I wasn’t able to do what I used to be able to do. I gained weight. The diet was hard. Everything was tough. You know what you’re capable of, but you can’t do it.

“You’re still recovering and you still have that injury in your mind, and you don’t want to mess things up. I mainly focused on getting my knee strong in the end. I focused on my dieting and getting my weight down, so I can be lighter, stronger, and faster, and have more flexibility and durability.”

For his first fight back since injury, Hutchinson (5-1) takes on fellow up-and-comer Bruce Lutchmedial (5-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Titan FC 43 on Saturday in Coral Gables, Fla.

“Bruce is just another obstacle in front of me,” Hutchinson said. “I’m very confident with my game and my skills. I’m not focusing on what he’s doing, I’m focusing on what I’m doing, and I’m going to show it on the night of the fight.”

Finally back to fighting after a year and a half layoff, Hutchinson is focused on one thing: getting into the UFC any way he can.

“I’m going to do whatever I’ve got to do to get into the UFC,” said Hutchinson. “If I’ve got to be champion of TFC, that’s what I’ll do. But I’ve got to finish these fights.

“I’ve been getting too many decisions, and I don’t like that, the UFC doesn’t want that, nobody wants that. I want finishes – I want submissions, I want knockouts. I want to make money and have a better life, and if I want all that, I have to dominate as much as possible.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comments

Rick Glenn Likes His UFC 219 Match-Up with Myles Jury | MMAWeekly.com

In the first fight of a newly revised deal with the UFC, Rick Glenn likes his UFC 219 match-up opposite Myles Jury. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Would Fight Amanda Nunes, but Wants Megan Anderson | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg admitted that she'd be willing to fight fellow Brazilian Amanda Nunes, but would rather fight Megan Anderson. read news >>

Cyborg Nation UFC 219 Video Blog: Episode 1 | MMAWeekly.com

In this episode of Cyborg Nation #UFC219, Cris Cyborg prepares to head to Vegas, finishes her final sparring session, and completes her media obligations. read news >>

Cyborg Nation Episode 3: Shedding the Final Pounds | MMAWeekly.com

In this episode of Cyborg Nation #UFC219 Cris prepares to head to vegas, finishes her final sparring session, and completes her media obligations in Las Vegas. read news >>

Cris Cyborg is STILL UFC Champ... But Who is Next? Twitter Has the Answer! | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg is still the UFC featherweight champion of the world, but who is next? Her fellow fighters chimed in on Twitter. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Responds to Khabib Nurmagomedov's Challenge Following UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson didn't seem to care much for Khabib Nurmagomedov's challenge following his win at UFC 219 on Saturday night. After putting a three round beat down on Ed read news >>

Injury Forces Zak Cummings Out of UFC St. Louis Bout | MMAWeekly.com

An injury has forced Zak Cummings out of Sunday's UFC Fight Night 124 bout against Thiago Alves in St. Louis. read news >>

Darren Elkins Comes From Behind to Choke Out Michael Johnson (UFC St Louis Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Known for his remarkable comebacks, Darren Elkins did it again at UFC Fight Night 124 on Sunday, coming from behind to take out Michael Johnson. read news >>

UFC 220 Loses Preliminary Bout to Injury | MMAWeekly.com

Just three days out from fight time and the UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou fight card has been bitten by the injury bug. read news >>

Vitor Belfort Waiting to Get Paid, but Dana White Says It's Not Coming | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort made weight for his UFC St. Louis fight with Uriah Hall, but despite the fight falling apart, he won't be paid his show money. read news >>