#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Colby Covington #Fabricio Werdum #Cody Garbrandt #Fight One #Dustin Poirier

For featherweight prospect Anderson Hutchinson, 2016 was a year for recovery. After suffering a knee injury, Hutchinson spent the year rehabbing from surgery in anticipation of getting back into action in 2017.

“With my injury and everything I haven’t been doing very much physically,” Hutchinson told MMAWeekly.com. “It’s just been more mental preparation and mental evaluation of everything I was going to be doing in the future once I got healed up.

“Today I’m 100%, but as far of preparation I’ve done a lot of studying and just been basically getting myself ready for my comeback. Now I’ve been applying everything I was learning when I was out injured and putting everything into perspective today.”

TRENDING > US President Donald J. Trump Takes Office, UFC Fighters Light Up Social Media

Hutchinson admits that the recovery process wasn’t any easy process for multiple reasons.

“It took a while,” he said. “I wasn’t able to do what I used to be able to do. I gained weight. The diet was hard. Everything was tough. You know what you’re capable of, but you can’t do it.

“You’re still recovering and you still have that injury in your mind, and you don’t want to mess things up. I mainly focused on getting my knee strong in the end. I focused on my dieting and getting my weight down, so I can be lighter, stronger, and faster, and have more flexibility and durability.”

For his first fight back since injury, Hutchinson (5-1) takes on fellow up-and-comer Bruce Lutchmedial (5-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Titan FC 43 on Saturday in Coral Gables, Fla.

“Bruce is just another obstacle in front of me,” Hutchinson said. “I’m very confident with my game and my skills. I’m not focusing on what he’s doing, I’m focusing on what I’m doing, and I’m going to show it on the night of the fight.”

Finally back to fighting after a year and a half layoff, Hutchinson is focused on one thing: getting into the UFC any way he can.

“I’m going to do whatever I’ve got to do to get into the UFC,” said Hutchinson. “If I’ve got to be champion of TFC, that’s what I’ll do. But I’ve got to finish these fights.

“I’ve been getting too many decisions, and I don’t like that, the UFC doesn’t want that, nobody wants that. I want finishes – I want submissions, I want knockouts. I want to make money and have a better life, and if I want all that, I have to dominate as much as possible.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comments

Lyoto Machida Set for Return Opposite Derek Brunson Following UFC Sao Paulo Weigh-in | MMAWeekly.com

Lyoto Machida is set for his first fight in more than two years, after he and Derek Brunson made weight on Friday for UFC Fight Night 119. read news >>

Two First-Round Finishes Set Half The Semi-Finals On TUF 26 | MMAWeekly.com

The ninth episode of The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion featured two quarter-final bouts. Top seed Roxanne Modafferi faced fellow Team Gaethje teammate and No. 8 seed Emily Whitmire while No. read news >>

Bec Rawlings Announces New Opponent After Joanne Calderwood Falls Out Due to Injury | MMAWeekly.com

It looks like Bec Rawlings will have a new opponent for her return home to Australia next week. The veteran "Ultimate Fighter" competitor announced on Twitter late Tuesday night that Joanne Calderwoo read news >>

Injury Forces Bellator to Swap Israel Main Event on Short Notice | MMAWeekly.com

For the second even in a row, Bellator has had to make a quick shift to its main event. read news >>

Conor McGregor Issues Apology For His Behavior at Bellator 187 in Ireland | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor has broken his silence after being involved in a melee in Ireland last week after he jumped into the cage at Bellator 187. The incident unfolded after McGregor's teammate Charlie Ward read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Fought Michael Bisping with Injured Neck | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre revealed on Thursday that he suffered a neck injury in the opening round of his UFC 217 middleweight title fight against Michael Bisping. read news >>

Dwight Joseph Bouncing Back from Severe Injury at LFA 25, the Biggest Stage of His Career | MMAWeekly.com

This Friday, Dwight Joseph (5-1) steps up to the biggest stage of his career when he takes on Steven Merrill (4-1) in a main card 135-pound bout at LFA 25. read news >>

Alex Hernandez 'Not Threatened in Any Sense' by His LFA 27 Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Alex Hernandez (7-1) will have his first fight of 2017 when he takes on Derrick Adams (10-4) in a 155-pound bout at LFA 27 on Friday. read news >>

Colby Covington Issues 'Formal Apology' For His Comments in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

Colby Covington probably won't be going on vacation in Brazil any time soon. On Saturday night following a unanimous decision victory over Demian Maia in Sao Paolo, Covington called the entire countr read news >>

Nate Andrews Going for the Finish Over Tyler Combs at CES 47 | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Andrews (11-1) will go for his 6th win in a row when he faces Tyler Combs (14-16-1) in a 155-pound bout at CES 47 on Friday. read news >>