#UFC Fight Night 128 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Frankie Edgar #Cub Swanson #UFC Fight Night 57 #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Thiago Santos #UFC New York #Siyar Bahadurzada #Anthony Ferguson

Anderson Hutchinson Enters Titan FC 43 Wanting Finishes | MMAWeekly.com

For featherweight prospect Anderson Hutchinson, 2016 was a year for recovery. After suffering a knee injury, Hutchinson spent the year rehabbing from surgery in anticipation of getting back into action in 2017.

“With my injury and everything I haven’t been doing very much physically,” Hutchinson told MMAWeekly.com. “It’s just been more mental preparation and mental evaluation of everything I was going to be doing in the future once I got healed up.

“Today I’m 100%, but as far of preparation I’ve done a lot of studying and just been basically getting myself ready for my comeback. Now I’ve been applying everything I was learning when I was out injured and putting everything into perspective today.”

TRENDING > US President Donald J. Trump Takes Office, UFC Fighters Light Up Social Media

Hutchinson admits that the recovery process wasn’t any easy process for multiple reasons.

“It took a while,” he said. “I wasn’t able to do what I used to be able to do. I gained weight. The diet was hard. Everything was tough. You know what you’re capable of, but you can’t do it.

“You’re still recovering and you still have that injury in your mind, and you don’t want to mess things up. I mainly focused on getting my knee strong in the end. I focused on my dieting and getting my weight down, so I can be lighter, stronger, and faster, and have more flexibility and durability.”

For his first fight back since injury, Hutchinson (5-1) takes on fellow up-and-comer Bruce Lutchmedial (5-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Titan FC 43 on Saturday in Coral Gables, Fla.

“Bruce is just another obstacle in front of me,” Hutchinson said. “I’m very confident with my game and my skills. I’m not focusing on what he’s doing, I’m focusing on what I’m doing, and I’m going to show it on the night of the fight.”

Finally back to fighting after a year and a half layoff, Hutchinson is focused on one thing: getting into the UFC any way he can.

“I’m going to do whatever I’ve got to do to get into the UFC,” said Hutchinson. “If I’ve got to be champion of TFC, that’s what I’ll do. But I’ve got to finish these fights.

“I’ve been getting too many decisions, and I don’t like that, the UFC doesn’t want that, nobody wants that. I want finishes – I want submissions, I want knockouts. I want to make money and have a better life, and if I want all that, I have to dominate as much as possible.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comments

Ben Saunders Steps in to Face Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 131 | MMAWeekly.com

An injury has forced Bryan Barberena out of his June 1 bout against Jake Ellenberger. Ben "Killa B" Saunders will now face Ellenberger in Utica, New York. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Out; Max Holloway Faces Khabib Nurmagomedov in New UFC 223 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

A knee injury has forced interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson out of UFC 223 but in his place will step featherweight king Max Holloway who will face Khabib Nurmagomedov in the new main event t read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Was Never an Option to Replace Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson suffering an injury forced the UFC to search for a last minute replacement to face Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 but it turns out Conor McGregor was never an option. While it might see read news >>

Tony Ferguson Breaks His Silence After Being Forced Out of UFC 223 Due to Injury | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson is gutted that he can't fight in the UFC 223 main event. That's the word from Ferguson after it was announced on Sunday that he was forced out of his fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov o read news >>

Matt Brown Injured, Out of Fight Against Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

An unfortunate injury has forced Matt Brown out of his upcoming fight at UFC on FOX 29 where he was expected to face Carlos Condit in the co-main event from Glendale, Arizona. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Details Injury, Doesn't Think He Should Be Stripped of UFC Interim Title | MMAWeekly.com

This time last week, Tony Ferguson was the interim lightweight champ and headed into a fight for the undisputed title. Now he's injured and without a belt. read news >>

Alex 'Cowboy' Oliveira Expected to Face Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

Following an injury to Matt Brown that forced him out of UFC on FOX 29, Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira is expected to step into the co-main event fight against Carlos Condit next Saturday night in Glendale, read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Says Georges St-Pierre More Important than Conor McGregor for His Legacy | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor may be the hottest property in mixed martial arts history, but when it comes down to legacy, Khabib Nurmagomedov believes the Irishman isn't even close to the athlete that Georges St-P read news >>

Justin Gaethje Criticizes Khabib Nurmagomedov For His Callout of Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC lightweight division might be the most talent stacked weight class in the sport but ever since Conor McGregor became champion in 2016, there's been no clear path for new contenders to earn a read news >>

Marvin Vettori Plans To 'Break' Israel Adesanya at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

Marvin Vettori (12-3-1) will have his first fight of 2018 when he takes on Israel Adesanya (13-0) in a UFC on FOX 29 middleweight bout. read news >>

Dustin Poirier Finishes Justin Gaethje in Epic Main Event War at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

Just about everybody expected Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje to deliver a 'Fight of the Night' in their lightweight main event at UFC on FOX 29. Despite those lofty expectations, they may have act read news >>

Relive Edson Barboza's Spectacular Knockout of Beneil Dariush (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Edson Barboza has become known for his memorable knockouts including this knockout victory over Beneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night Fortaleza last year. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 128 Bout Canceled Because of Injury | MMAWeekly.com

A UFC Fight Night 128 preliminary bout between Magomed Bibulatov and Ulka Sasaki was canceled the day before the event because of injury. read news >>

Ricky Simon Wants To Show What He Can Do In UFC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

For his Octagon debut, Ricky Simon (12-1) will face Merab Dvalishvili (7-3) in a preliminary 135-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 128. read news >>

Santiago Ponzinibbio Out of UFC Chile Main Event Fight Against Kamaru Usman | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

A hand injury has forced Santiago Ponzinibbio out of his main event fight against Kamaru Usman at UFC Fight Night in Chile on May 19. Sources close to the fight confirmed the news on Saturday followi read news >>

Rose Namajunas: Exclusive UFC 223 Extended Video Interview | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of her UFC 223 rematch with Joanna Jedrzejczyk, UFC strawweight champion Rose Namajunas sat down for an extended, exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Search for: