#UFC Fight Night 128 #Corey Anderson #Patrick Cummins #UFC on Fox 29 #Kevin Lee #Siyar Bahadurzada #Luan Chagas #Dustin Poirier #Conor McGregor #Edson Barboza #Jon Jones #Ryan LaFlare #Justin Gaethje #Alex Garcia

Ana Julaton, Bellator Fighter and World Champion Boxer, Abruptly Retires from Fighting | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator flyweight fighter and former world champion boxer Ana Julaton has decided to hang up the gloves on both careers, effective immediately.

Julaton made the announcement late Wednesday night via her Instagram account.

“Earlier today, I spoke to my long time promoter/advisor Mr. Allan Tremblay, who has been a father, a friend and mentor throughout my entire professional sports journey. I told him it was time for me to move on from fighting,” said Julaton.

Ana Julaton“Moving forward to my next journey, I am officially retiring from professional fighting. Thank you everyone. I’m truly humbled and deeply honored for you all allowing me into your lives and hearts. I’m forever grateful.”

Julaton last set foot in the cage at Bellator 194 in February, where she lost a unanimous decision to fellow boxer-turned-mixed-martial-artist Heather Hardy. The two had planned to fight in the Bellator cage and then again in the boxing ring, but that plan, obviously, is now off the table.

Following a rather successful career in boxing, where Julaton amassed a 14-4-3 record and became a multiple-time world champion, she struggled in making the transition to mixed martial arts.

Julaton, 37, spent the entirety of her mixed martial arts career fighting for ONE Championship and Bellator, managing a 2-4 record before deciding to call an end to her career as a professional fighter.

Ana Julaton’s Retirement Announcement:

Earlier today, I spoke to my long time promoter/advisor Mr. Allan Tremblay, who has been a father, a friend and mentor throughout my entire professional sports journey. I told him it was time for me to move on from fighting.

After that very deep and emotional conversation, I spoke to Mr. Scott Coker next and thanked him for allowing me to be a part of Bellator MMA. I’d like to thank Mr. Lou Dibella and his team, Dibella Entertainment, for all their efforts to putting together a boxing match for me.

I’d like to thank Heather Hardy for sharing the cage with me and I wish her all the very best in her combat sports career both boxing and MMA.

As a competitor inside the ring and cage, I’m confident in leaving combat sports fully knowing there are so many wonderful, passionate and hardworking women continuing to carry the torch as a guiding light for the bright future of our arena.

Sincerely,
Ana

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs

Earlier today, I spoke to my long time promoter/advisor Mr. Allan Tremblay who has been a father, a friend and mentor throughout my entire professional sports journey. I told him it was time for me to move on from fighting. After that very deep and emotional conversation, I spoke to Mr. Scott Coker next and thanked him for allowing me to be a part of @BellatorMMA. I'd like to thank Mr. @LouDibella and his Team @DibellaEnt for all their efforts to putting together a boxing match for me. I'd like to thank @HeatherTheHeat for sharing the cage with me and I wish her all the very best in her combat sports career both boxing and MMA. As a competitor inside the ring and cage, I'm confident in leaving combat sports fully knowing there are so many wonderful, passionate and hardworking women continuing to carry the torch as a guiding light for the bright future of our arena. For all who have been positive and continue to create a stage for all my sisters in the arts, all the organizations I have fought for…Thank you. I consider myself fortunate to have had my Orion Sports Management family giving me the global stage and opportunities I received to compete at the highest level of Boxing and MMA. So many memories flash through my mind as I write this. Moving forward to my next journey, I am officially retiring from professional fighting. Thank you everyone. I'm truly humbled and deeply honored for you all allowing me into your lives and hearts. I'm forever grateful. Sincerely, Ana "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." – Steve Jobs

A post shared by Ana Julaton (@anajulaton) on

Comments

Bellator 196: Benson Henderson - In Focus | MMAWeekly.com

Get to know Benson "Smooth" Henderson before he headlines Bellator 196 on April 6 against Roger Huerta. read news >>

Bellator 196 and Bellator Kickboxing 9 Fight Cards Finalized | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator has announced completed cards for both Bellator 196 and Bellator Kickboxing 9, which take place this Friday, April 6 at BOK Hall in Budapest, Hungary. read news >>

Flyweight Champ Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Makes First Defense at Bellator 201 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Pechanga Resort Casino in Temecula, Calif. for Bellator 201 on Friday, June 29. The card will be headlined by the San Diego-based Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (7-0), who defends her undef read news >>

Ed Ruth Believes 'Conditioning Will Play A Big Part at Bellator 196 Against Ion Pascu | MMAWeekly.com

Ed Ruth (4-0) will look to further showcase his development in his first fight of 2018 at Bellator 196 in Budapest, Hungary, against veteran Ion Pascu (17-7). read news >>

Benson Henderson Submits Roger Huerta (Bellator 196 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator cage was in Budapest, Hungary on Friday for Bellator 196 headlined by former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and veteran Roger Huerta. read news >>

Bobby Lashley Remains Under Contract to Bellator Despite Return to WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Bobby Lashley returned to WWE for the first time in 10 years on Monday night but that doesn't mean his fighting career is finished. The 41-year old heavyweight had been performing in Impact Wrestling read news >>

Bellator Rome Features Patricio Pitbull vs. Daniel Weichel Featherweight Championship | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator is primed for a summer return to Italy, this time in the country's capital city of Rome at the Il Centrale Live Roma – Foro Italico on Saturday, July 14. In a double main event, the card see read news >>

AJ McKee Coming to Bellator 197 to 'Whoop Justin Lawrence's Ass' | MMAWeekly.com

AJ McKee (10-0) will look to keep his unbeaten streak going when he takes on veteran Justin Lawrence (11-4) in the featherweight co-main event of Bellator 197. read news >>

Bellator 197 Weigh-in Video & Results: Michael Chandler vs. Brandon Girtz Gets Green Light | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 197: Chandler vs. Girtz got the green light on Thursday after main eventers Michael Chandler and Brandon Girtz hit the mark on the scale, making their headlining lightweight bout official. read news >>

Michael Chandler Doesn't Believe Brent Primus Will Ever Defend His Bellator Title | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Chandler is tired of the excuses that Brent Primus has been giving him for months and he's convinced that the current Bellator lightweight champion will relinquish the title before defending read news >>

Logan Storley Continues to Claw His Way into Bellator Title Picture | MMAWeekly.com

Just seven fights into his undefeated MMA career, Logan Storley continues to claw his way into the Bellator title picture. read news >>

Bellator 197 Results: Michael Chandler Puts Brandon Girtz to Sleep | MMAWeekly.com

It wasn't the fight he wanted, but former Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler continued his quest to regain the title by making quick work of Brandon Girtz on Friday night. read news >>

Countdown to Fedor Emelianenko vs. Frank Mir: Episode 1 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator MMA traveled to Russia to train with Fedor Emelianenko, featured Frank Mir at the famed Mayweather Gym in Vegas, and later went behind the scenes. read news >>

LFA 36 Results & Highlights: Ricky Simon Defends the Belt with First-Round KO | MMAWeekly.com

<span data-mce-type="bookmark" style="display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;" class="mce_SELRES_start">?</span> (Video courtesy of AXS TV Fights | Viewing ma read news >>

Lance Armstrong's - Sometimes Uncomfortable - Interview of Former UFC Fighter Tim Kennedy | MMAWeekly.com

Former professional cyclist Lance Armstrong knows Tim Kennedy well, but recently had an, at times, uncomfortable conversation with him on his "The Forward" podcast. read news >>

Kamaru Usman Expected to Face Santiago Ponzinibbio in UFC Chile Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

The upcoming UFC card in Chile has a main event. Former "Ultimate Fighter" winner Kamaru Usman will travel to South America for his first headline fight against Santiago Ponzinibbio in a showdown at read news >>

Search for: