#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Darren Till #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva #Donald Cerrone

Will Campuzano and Ox Wheeler at WEC 46Since his release from the UFC in early 2011, flyweight Will Campuzano has gotten back on track with three consecutive victories.

Campuzano especially showed a lot of growth in his two fights last year, one of which earned him the Legacy FC 125-pound championship.

“In the Josh Sampo fight, I took a big chance in that fight because he had a good, legit wrestling background and he’d been working on his striking the past couple years and we met in the middle,” said Campuzano. “He’s a bit better that night in the striking department because I was concentrating more on the wrestling and I didn’t know he was that good, but I got the win.

“The (Legacy flyweight title) Jimmy Flick fight, I just think he was so over-matched and I thought I could knock him out really easy and I did.”

Already an effective fighter, Campuzano told MMAWeekly.com that nowadays he’s even more so effective as he’s opened up his game more.

“I feel like things are coming around,” he said. “I used to be real hesitant because of a lack of skills, but I’ve put a lot of work in and I’m pulling the trigger now, and that’s what’s important.

“It seems like the older I get, the meaner I am. I’m in there looking for a scrap now.”

Campuzano’s first title defense of his Legacy flyweight belt will come against up-and-coming BJJ ace Allan Nascimento live on AXS TV on Friday night in Dallas.

“The kid’s good, but he’s young, like 21, so I’m going to be physically stronger than he is, and I don’t think he’s prepared to get hit. So I’m going to go out there and show him what it’s like to be in there with a man,” said Campuzano.

As for Nascimento’s ground game, Campuzano doesn’t feel he’ll get a chance to demonstrate it.

“I don’t think he can wrestle, so he won’t be showcasing any grappling,” said Campuzano. “There’s no way we’re going to the ground.”

Even though he’ll be defending his title for the first time, Campuzano doesn’t feel the circumstances surrounding the fight will affect his outlook.

“There’s no pressure, because like I said, I really enjoy this and I’m always geared up and looking for a fight,” Campuzano stated. “The closer the fight gets, I crave it.”

Looking ahead to the remainder of the year, Campuzano just wants to stay active and face the top opposition he can, wherever he fights.

“I want to fight the best in the world,” he said. “I’ll always take the tough fights and not shy away from any competition.”

Comments

Derrick Krantz Out to Prove He's One of the Best in LFA 23 Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

Derrick Krantz (20-9) will look to defend his recently won 170-pound title at LFA 23 against top prospect James Nakashima (7-0) on Friday. read news >>

Fight Week with Gokhan Saki in Japan

Kickboxing legend Gokhan Saki makes his debut in Japan Friday night on FXX. Take a special look at his fight week through the power of social media. read news >>

Does the UFC have a real future in China?

After testing the waters with a trio of events in Macau, the UFC soon makes its debut in Mainland China. Is there a future there, though?Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3 on St. Patrick's Day makes sense to John Kavanagh. Sure, why not?

If it was up to Conor McGregor’s coach, the UFC lightweight champion and Nate Diaz would complete their trilogy early next year.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Max Holloway Inks New Multi-Fight Deal with the UFC Ahead of First Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway wanted a new contract and now he's got it read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Is Demetrious Johnson's UFC 216 title defense a tree falling in an empty forest?

Will DJ break a UFC record without anyone batting an eye? What could the right TV deal do for the UFC? Those items and more in this TMB.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Kevin Lee Makes Weight After Dramatic Scare at UFC 216 Weigh-Ins | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee needed an extra hour, but eventually made weight for UFC 216. read news >>

UFC 216 results: Mara Romero Borella makes easy work of Kalindra Faria for first-round tap

Kalindra Faria was more than a 2-1 favorite against fellow newcomer Mara Romero Borella, but the underdog wiped that out almost immediately.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Makes Quick Work of Walt Harris, Wants His Belt Back (UFC 216 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Fabricio Werdum made quick work of last-minute replacement Walt Harris at UFC 216 and then took aim at Stipe Miocic. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Demetrious Johnson's insane submission, record-setting title defense at UFC 216

See the top Twitter reacts to Demetrious Johnson’s title defense vs. Ray Borg in the UFC 216 co-main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>