#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #Luke Rockhold #GGG #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

UFC-on-Fox-2-workouts-Michael-Bisping-178-460x270UFC middleweight Michael Bisping looks to redeem himself against Alan Belcher at UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen after suffering two loses in his last three fights.

Bisping (23-5) feels he’s a better fighter than Belcher (18-7), and plans to prove that on April 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“I never underestimate an opponent, but I truly believe I’m the better fighter. I’ve got the better skill set in all areas. I think I’m just a tougher person,” said Bisping during a recent edition of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“If we were plucked off the street with no martial arts training I would bury this guy each and every time.  I truly believe I’m going to win this fight. I’m still going to train accordingly.  I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure I win the fight, but I’m in a different league and I need to prove it,” he added.

Bisping isn’t just looking for a win against Belcher at UFC 159, he’s looking to make a statement by knocking out the Roufusport trained fighter.

“A lot of people have been talking about how I haven’t knocked anyone out,” said Bisping. “So I’m going to try and do that.”

In his last fight, Bisping was defeated by Vitor Belfort by technical knockout and feels he needs to prove he is one of the best 185-pound fighters in the world.

“My last fight didn’t go to plan. I proclaimed to be one of the best in the world and obviously losing by a kick to the head in the second round, it doesn’t go hand in hand with being one of the best, so I’m going to go out there and get redemption for my last performance. I want to put a statement on it.  I want to prove I’m one of the best in the middleweight division and to do that I have to take him out and take him out in style,” said Bisping.

The smack talk between Bisping and Belcher has heated up in recent weeks.  Belcher offered up a bet involving tattoos.  He said if British-born Bisping could knock him out in the first round that he would get the British flag tattooed on his chest.  If Belcher defeats Bisping, Bisping would have to get inked with the same Johnny Cash tattoo that Belcher sports on his left arm.

Belcher later upped the ante with the help of professional football player and friend Wallace Gilberry, who offered up his Rolls Royce Phantom to Bisping if he is able to defeat Belcher.  New, the car sells for upwards of $500,000.

Bisping responded to the wagers.

“He’s trying to generate hype for the fight.  He’s trying to promote himself and I’m all for that.  Good for him. He’s talked about a tattoo bet.  He’s talked about, he sat in the back of a Rolls Royce Phantom acting like the big man because he’s got a rich friend and this and that.  That’s not what I’m about, showing off.  For me, I’m focusing on the fight,” said Bisping.

“How about this, I challenge you to a fight on April 27.  The winner takes all the pride and glory.  You take your tattoos, you take your phantom and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine.  But I will see you April 27, and I will beat you and that’s all that matters to me.”

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Daniel Cormier 'Very Emotional' over Jon Jones' Potential UFC 214 Drug Violation

Dethroned UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has released a statement detailing his "very emotional" state after it was reported Jon Jones failed a drug test prior to their recent rematch read news >>

Dana White reveals plans for Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before failed drug test

UFC President Dana White said the plan was for Jon Jones to fight heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before Jones’ failed drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor Nutritionist Says He'll Have No Trouble Making Weight

Conor McGregor's nutritionist said Thursday that the UFC Lightweight champion will have no problem making weight Friday for his 154-pound boxing clash with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday. According read news >>

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Alexander Volkov credits Russian media for making Stefan Struve fight

To hear Alexander Volkov tell it, the Russian media is why he’s facing Stefan Struve at UFC Fight Night 115 – not that he was opposed.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

VanZant Puts Weight-Cutting Struggle Behind Her In Move to 125

Paige VanZant is making her debut at flyweight at UFC 216 after dealing with weigh cutting issues for her last few fights. Rejuvenated, PVZ looks to make a statement when she takes on former bantamwe read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on Refunds for Mayweather vs. McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

The biggest fight of the year also ended up as the most problematic. Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor was undoubtedly the most watched combat sports event in 2017, but unfortunately the demands read news >>

Reebok didn't flub Demetrious Johnson's T-shirt; UFC champ plans on changing his nickname

It looked like the UFC’s official apparel partner flubbed again with Demetrious Johnson’s nickname. Not so, says “Mighty Mouse” (for now).Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

Ray Borg Releases First Statement After Being Pulled from UFC 215 | MMAWeekly.com

Ray Borg wanted nothing more than to compete for the flyweight title on Saturday night at UFC 215. Unfortunately, a viral infection knocked the top five ranked fighter out of his fight against reigni read news >>

UFC Statement Regarding 215

Due to a viral illness to UFC flyweight contender Ray Borg, the main event bout against champion Demetrious Johnson at UFC 215 has been cancelled. Borg was deemed unfit to compete by the UFC medical read news >>