#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo

Alan Belcher at UFC 113It’s been six long years since Alan Belcher made his Octagon debut at UFC 62 when he fought top ranked Japanese fighter Yushin Okami.

But on Dec. 29, Belcher’s UFC career comes full circle in a manner of sorts as he finally gets the chance to avenge that fight and loss when he again faces Okami at UFC 155.

Almost 100 UFC events have passed since Belcher debuted in the Octagon, and in that time he’s learned an awful lot and been through even more. Despite the fact that he has shared 15-minutes of fight time with Okami before, Belcher is approaching this fight like they’ve never even met before.

In the last six years Belcher has changed a lot, and in terms of growth, who was once a kid that faced Yushin Okami in 2006, he is now a man.

“I’ve got to scratch that one; we’re both different fighters. He’s still the same athlete and still a good grappler, but he’s improved in a lot of different ways. I was looking at his most recent fights to go by. I wouldn’t even have to train for him if I could just erase that and not know what he was going to do at all, I could go in there and he wouldn’t take me down at all, as easy as he did then,” said Belcher when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio.

“Now he couldn’t do the same thing to me again. That fight doesn’t matter, and I’m a lot better at wrestling and grappling than I was then.”

Belcher proved a lot of naysayers wrong about his grappling in his last fight in May when he took out leg lock specialist Rousimar Palhares.

Just about everybody believed that if Palhares got the fight to the ground, Belcher would be in a world of trouble. Well, the fight did land there and Palhares even got to attack Belcher’s leg with his infamous knee bar submission.

What some called a miracle, Alan Belcher calls good training because he worked through the submission, ended up on top and finished Palhares with a barrage of strikes in the first round.

Belcher plans on displaying that same level of confidence when he faces Okami at UFC 155.

If they are on the feet, he’s going to make Okami regret it, and if he does happen to get it to the ground, Belcher is more than confident that he can hold his own or work back to his feet. Wherever the fight goes, Yushin Okami is in trouble.

“Every second we’re on the feet, I’m going to be bringing the pain to him. I’m going to make him make him not want to be in there with me. I want it worse than him, I want this win worse than any fight ever,” Belcher said.

“If he can’t get me down, he’s going to be crapping his pants. Whenever I hit him, he’s going to realize when he looks in my eyes that I want it a lot more than he does, and he’s just going to be the best he can just fighting off his instincts, his heart’s not really going to be in it because he’s going to feel my heart and my ferocity. He will be scared.”

Belcher will look to notch his fifth win in a row when he faces Okami at UFC 155, while taking another step forward in the UFC middleweight division.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC 155 news and fight coverage.

Comments

Floyd Mayweather Reportedly May Bet $5 Million on Himself to Beat Conor McGregor

Floyd Mayweather is reportedly so confident in himself before Saturday's bout against Conor McGregor he is considering betting $5 million on the fight. RJ Bell of Inside Las Vegas reported the news T read news >>

Dana White reveals plans for Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before failed drug test

UFC President Dana White said the plan was for Jon Jones to fight heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before Jones’ failed drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

A middle-of-the-night experience with Floyd Mayweather at his gentleman's club, Girl Collection

Floyd Mayweather said he came up with the plans for the upscale club when he was in prison in 2012.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Kyle Noblitt Confident That He Can Win LFA 21 Main Event Anywhere The Fight Goes | MMAWeekly.com

Kyle Noblitt (8-0) will seek to pick up his fifth victory of 2017 when he takes on Antonio Paulo Branjao (4-0) in the 205-pound main event of LFA 21 on Friday. read news >>

Grady Hurley Plans to Prove That He's the Real Deal in LFA 21 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Grady Hurley (16-1) will look to take his overall winning streak to 14 wins in a row when he makes his LFA debut against Kevin Holland (9-3) on Friday. read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Nate Diaz Has to Come to Lightweight for the Trilogy | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor hasn't said for certain what he plans to do after fighting Floyd Mayweather this past weekend in Las Vegas, but a trilogy bout against Nate Diaz appears to be at the top of everyone's read news >>

Justin Gaethje Says Conor McGregor Is 'Terrified' of His Style, Plans to Go 30-0

There was a point in the not-so-distant past that Justin Gaethje was so unknown he was without a Wikipedia entry. Now the UFC newcomer is making headlines in and out of the cage. The Ultimate Fighter read news >>

Reebok didn't flub Demetrious Johnson's T-shirt; UFC champ plans on changing his nickname

It looked like the UFC’s official apparel partner flubbed again with Demetrious Johnson’s nickname. Not so, says “Mighty Mouse” (for now).Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

Maycee Barber 'Confident in Every Aspect of Her Game' Headed into LFA 22 | MMAWeekly.com

Maycee Barber (1-0) will look to further live up to her potential when she returns to LFA on Friday to take on Malory Martin (1-1). read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>