#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Bellator MMA #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki

(courtesy of JEWELS)

There were a lot of impressive performances at the second all-female Invicta FC card, but one of the stand out fighters that night was Japanese competitor Ayaka Hamasaki.

A student of former top pound-for-pound women’s star Megumi Fujii, Hamasaki came to the U.S. as one of the top touted fighters on the card, but it always comes down to performance on fight night.

There have been more than a few Japanese fighters that have expressed the hardships of traveling a long distance, and how jetlag and lack of time to adjust to the time differences have affected performances in the cage.

It obviously wasn’t a factor for Hamasaki, who put on a dominant show against Lacey Schuckman that night, finishing the fight in the third round by armbar.

“Invicta flew me in early enough (Tuesday). I had a plenty time to get rid of jet lag so I was fine. The entire experience at Invicta FC was amazingly fun, and also, I really had a good time getting ready, fighting in America, in front of the US fans,” Hamasaki told MMAWeekly.com.

“The atmosphere at the venue was completely different, and I was mostly surprised how fans are so into the MMA.”

Hamasaki is still adjusting to some difference that come with fighting in the United States, including some rules differences that she wasn’t used to, but ultimately the experience was a good one overall.

“I am not sure what kind of impression I made to the North American fans but I know I found new assignments. I was not used to the rules, so (I hadn’t) trained on throwing elbows yet I couldn’t do that in the fight. For my next fight I am going to train harder and I want to put up a good exciting fight,” Hamasaki said.

The current JEWELS champion will next most likely fight back at home in Japan, but she anticipates a return to Invicta FC in early 2013.

“I wanted to fight in October but I believe Invicta FC wants to me to wait till early next year which is fine. I probably have to defend Jewels title so I will just follow what Invicta FC / Jewel’s plan,” Hamasaki stated.

The plan for Invicta FC is to start introducing titles at their October show, and Hamasaki’s dominant performance would seemingly land her in line for at least a share of the top spot at 115lbs.

She’s fine with whatever Invicta FC decides and if the wins keep coming, Hamasaki knows a another title fight will be in her future.

“I am still new to this sport, I need more experience, so for now I am just concentrating on winning one fight at a time,” said Hamasaki.

“That is my goal for now. And if I keep doing this then the championship opportunity should naturally come in my way.”

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

UFC-Pittsburgh bonuses: Mike Perry, Uriah Hall earn $50K for performances

Mike Perry won with a devastating knockout at UFC Fight Night 116 and pocketed an extra $50,000 for his effort.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch Luke Rockhold's ground-and-pound strikes earn David Branch tap

It had been more than a year since Luke Rockhold had set foot in a UFC cage, but he left with a much-needed win.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

OSP's 'Von Preux' Choke, Gokhan Saki's Thunderous KO Earn Bonuses in Japan | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint-Preux had to face a late notice replacement in his main event fight but he made the most of his performance with a jaw-dropping submission to cap off the latest UFC card in Japan. Saint- read news >>

Watch Kevin Lee's Brutal Assault That Helped Earn a Title Shot (UFC 216 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

In this UFC 216 Free Fight, Kevin Lee stops Jake Matthews in the second win of his current five-fight win streak. read news >>

Unbeaten Invicta FC vet Aspen Ladd joins UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

• 10 hours ago

After an unsuccessful first try, undefeated Aspen Ladd is slated again for her UFC debut.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Top 25 finishes in Invicta FC history (Nos. 15-11): Body kicks galore

With Invicta FC’s 25th event around the corner, the all-female promotion has rolled out a countdown of the 25 best finishes in its history.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Watch 'Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs. Kunitskaya' ahead of Thursday title fight

Go behind the scenes of the vacant bantamweight title fight between Raquel Pa’aluhi and Yana Kunitskaya in “Road to Invicta FC 25.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Weigh-in Video Live, Wednesday at 8p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Invicta FC 25 weigh-in streaming live on Wednesday at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Invicta FC 25 weigh-in results

Invicta FC will crown a new champion tomorrow night.Filed under: News read news >>