#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Fight Night Rotterdam #Demetrious Johnson #Anderson Silva

cung-le-ufc-fight-night-34-qaMACAU – At 41 years old, Cung Le knows his days as a professional fighter are numbered. But with three fights left on his UFC contract, Le said he’d like to complete the deal.

Of course, if UFC President Dana White is ready to implement a few special considerations, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) thinks perhaps he could reconsider.

“I told Dana, ‘If there’s a one-round fight, I’m ready. I’ll give you an amazing five minutes,’” Le joked. “I’ll throw jumping kicks for the first few minutes. Then when I get tired, I’ll start throwing wheel kicks. Then the last two minutes, I’ll start throwing side kicks.

“I could do that right now. If you want that, lets do it!”

Of course, Le knows his fantasy scenario is impossible, so he’s instead getting ready for an actual middleweight fight. While he recently served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China,” Le said he’s been staying in shape while also recovering from a series of procedures on his elbows.

“I’m able to do cardio,” Le said. “I’m able to hit pads. I’m not able to grapple as much right now, but I drill a lot. My body’s fresh. I’m finally recovered from my three elbow surgeries in four months. I’m finally feeling good. I’m able to lift weights the way I used to.”

Le will be cageside at Saturday’s TUF China Finale, which takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau and streams on UFC Fight Pass (6:15 a.m. ET/3:15 a.m. PT). The venue is the same where Le last fought, when the former Strikeforce champ scored a November 2012 knockout win over Rich Franklin.

The UFC is already targeting an August return to the venue, and Le said that might serve as a good host for his next appearance. A potential event in the Philippines is admittedly enticing, as well, but Le would actually prefer not to be the main event on either card.

“I’d love to get a three-rounder in instead of jumping right into a five-rounder,” Le said. “We’ll see what happens. I’d love to fight on the next card in Macau or maybe the Philippines.”

The lone caveat, Le said, is what happens in his budding film career. Le said he’s entertaining a few high-profile movie projects and is trying to help facilitate his transition out of fighting. It’s not that he’s ready to give up the sport just yet, but Le is realistic about how long one can compete.

But if all goes according to plan, there could be three more UFC fights ahead for the spin-kicking San Shou master.

“My heart is always going to be in fighting, but I know I can’t wait too much longer,” Le said. “I know the clock is ticking for me.

“I have three fights left on my contract. I would love to fight the three I have left on my contract and then retire as a UFC fighter.”

For more on the TUF China Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

USADA suspends UFC's Nick Roehrick 1 year for doping

Just over one month after he was flagged for a failed drug test, Nick Roehrick has accepted a suspension from USADA.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ferguson vs. Lee Remains Headliner at UFC 216 Over Johnson vs. Borg | MMAWeekly.com

The addition of a second world title fight will not affect the UFC 216 main event as the final bout order for the card was released this week. Tony Ferguson will battle Kevin Lee with the interim lig read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Medical Suspensions: Three Fighters Face Three-Month Layoffs | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC released the medical suspensions stemming from Friday's UFC Fight Night 117 on Monday. Three fighters from the fight card that took place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan face potenti read news >>

Darren Till unloads on Brendan Schaub for criticizing UFC headliner vs. Donald Cerrone

Darren Till has choice words for those who question his UFC Fight Night 118 headliner against Donald Cerrone, especially Brendan Schaub.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem booked as UFC 218 co-headliner in Detroit

UFC heavyweight prospect Francis Ngannou won’t get a title shot as he wished, but he will get an ex-champion in Alistair Overeem.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Reacts to Being Co-Main Event Behind Ferguson vs. Lee at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

A month ago, Demetrious Johnson was headlining UFC 215 in Canada with the chance to break the all time title defense record in UFC history with his fight against Ray Borg. Unfortunately, Borg fell il read news >>

Here's a video of UFC 216 headliner Tony Ferguson going all over the map

Tony Ferguson talked superheroes, bears, batting cages and even Kazushi Sakuraba during his final media scrum in advance of his fight with Kevin Lee at UFC 216. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cub Swanson says he's headlining UFC Fight Night 123 against Brian Ortega

UFC Fight Night 123 in California appears to have its headliner: Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 headliner Tony Ferguson: 'Fake' Kevin Lee is 'trying to be something that he's not'

Tony Ferguson is taking more shots at Kevin Lee in the final days leading up their interim UFC lightweight title bout at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Saki returns to face Rountree at UFC 219

Fresh from a spectacular UFC debut last month, kickboxing icon Gokhan Saki will look to make it two for two in the Octagon when he faces fellow striker Khalil Rountree Jr. in a UFC 219 bout at T-Mobi read news >>