#UFC Fight Night 123 #Brian Ortega #Cub Swanson #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #UFC 218 #GLORY Redemption #Rico Verhoeven #Marlon Moraes #Aljamain Sterling #Francis Ngannou #Gabriel Benitez #Jason Knight #Alistair Overeem #Max Holloway

cung-le-ufc-fight-night-34-qaMACAU – At 41 years old, Cung Le knows his days as a professional fighter are numbered. But with three fights left on his UFC contract, Le said he’d like to complete the deal.

Of course, if UFC President Dana White is ready to implement a few special considerations, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) thinks perhaps he could reconsider.

“I told Dana, ‘If there’s a one-round fight, I’m ready. I’ll give you an amazing five minutes,’” Le joked. “I’ll throw jumping kicks for the first few minutes. Then when I get tired, I’ll start throwing wheel kicks. Then the last two minutes, I’ll start throwing side kicks.

“I could do that right now. If you want that, lets do it!”

Of course, Le knows his fantasy scenario is impossible, so he’s instead getting ready for an actual middleweight fight. While he recently served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China,” Le said he’s been staying in shape while also recovering from a series of procedures on his elbows.

“I’m able to do cardio,” Le said. “I’m able to hit pads. I’m not able to grapple as much right now, but I drill a lot. My body’s fresh. I’m finally recovered from my three elbow surgeries in four months. I’m finally feeling good. I’m able to lift weights the way I used to.”

Le will be cageside at Saturday’s TUF China Finale, which takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau and streams on UFC Fight Pass (6:15 a.m. ET/3:15 a.m. PT). The venue is the same where Le last fought, when the former Strikeforce champ scored a November 2012 knockout win over Rich Franklin.

The UFC is already targeting an August return to the venue, and Le said that might serve as a good host for his next appearance. A potential event in the Philippines is admittedly enticing, as well, but Le would actually prefer not to be the main event on either card.

“I’d love to get a three-rounder in instead of jumping right into a five-rounder,” Le said. “We’ll see what happens. I’d love to fight on the next card in Macau or maybe the Philippines.”

The lone caveat, Le said, is what happens in his budding film career. Le said he’s entertaining a few high-profile movie projects and is trying to help facilitate his transition out of fighting. It’s not that he’s ready to give up the sport just yet, but Le is realistic about how long one can compete.

But if all goes according to plan, there could be three more UFC fights ahead for the spin-kicking San Shou master.

“My heart is always going to be in fighting, but I know I can’t wait too much longer,” Le said. “I know the clock is ticking for me.

“I have three fights left on my contract. I would love to fight the three I have left on my contract and then retire as a UFC fighter.”

For more on the TUF China Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

Matt Brown Unleashes Elbow from Hell (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Matt Brown's devastating knockout of Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Michael Bisping opens as underdog to Kelvin Gastelum in UFC-Shanghai headliner

Will the three-week turnaround to be too much for former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping? The opening odds seem to suggest so.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Report: Tae Hyun Bang sentenced to 10-month prison term for fight-fixing scheme at UFC Fight Night 79

Tae Hyun Bang received a 10-month prison term after being found guilty of taking bribes in connection with a plan to throw a UFC fight.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Derek Brunson vs. 'Jacare' slotted for Charlotte's UFC on FOX 27 headliner

Derek Brunson and Ronaldo Souza apparently are going to rematch after all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Marcin Tybura sees major opportunity in UFC-Sydney headliner vs. Fabricio Werdum

Marcin Tybura is the underdog vs. Fabricio Werdum, but as Tybura puts it, “if you want to challenge yourself, you pick the better opponents.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bisping sees 'win-win' in UFC-Shanghai meeting with Gastelum – who isn't mad, either

UFC Fight Night 122 headliner Kelvin Gastelum lost a second scheduled bout with former UFC champion Anderson Silva, but he is fine with the replacement he got in ex-champ Michael Bisping: “I feel lik read news >>

Relive Michael Bisping's TKO Win Over Cung Le (UFC Shanghai Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Take a look back at Michael Bisping's TKO win over Cung Le. Bisping steps in on short notice to face Kelvin Gastelum in the main event of Fight Night Shanghai. read news >>

Before UFC-Shanghai, watch Michael Bisping's 2014 bout with Cung Le

Before the UFC set its debut in mainland China for this coming weekend, the organization visited Macau, where Michael Bisping headlined against Cung Le in 2014.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Luis Henrique vs. Timothy Johnson added to UFC Fight Night 125 in Brazil

While the card still lacks a headliner, a heavyweight matchup has been added to the UFC’s first Brazilian event of 2018.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Shanghai headliner Kelvin Gastelum talks 'badass' Bisping – and why he wants a Woodley rematch

A couple weeks back, Kelvin Gastelum was sick to his stomach over what might happen to his third UFC main event with his opponent out.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>