#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Jan Blachowicz #Jimi Manuwa #Terrion Ware #Tom Duquesnoy #Leon Edwards #Peter Sobotta #Paul Craig #Magomed Ankalaev #Charles Byrd #John Phillips #Danny Henry #Hakeem Dawodu

After 'three elbow surgeries in four months,' Cung Le doesn't want a UFC headliner

cung-le-ufc-fight-night-34-qaMACAU – At 41 years old, Cung Le knows his days as a professional fighter are numbered. But with three fights left on his UFC contract, Le said he’d like to complete the deal.

Of course, if UFC President Dana White is ready to implement a few special considerations, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) thinks perhaps he could reconsider.

“I told Dana, ‘If there’s a one-round fight, I’m ready. I’ll give you an amazing five minutes,’” Le joked. “I’ll throw jumping kicks for the first few minutes. Then when I get tired, I’ll start throwing wheel kicks. Then the last two minutes, I’ll start throwing side kicks.

“I could do that right now. If you want that, lets do it!”

Of course, Le knows his fantasy scenario is impossible, so he’s instead getting ready for an actual middleweight fight. While he recently served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China,” Le said he’s been staying in shape while also recovering from a series of procedures on his elbows.

“I’m able to do cardio,” Le said. “I’m able to hit pads. I’m not able to grapple as much right now, but I drill a lot. My body’s fresh. I’m finally recovered from my three elbow surgeries in four months. I’m finally feeling good. I’m able to lift weights the way I used to.”

Le will be cageside at Saturday’s TUF China Finale, which takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau and streams on UFC Fight Pass (6:15 a.m. ET/3:15 a.m. PT). The venue is the same where Le last fought, when the former Strikeforce champ scored a November 2012 knockout win over Rich Franklin.

The UFC is already targeting an August return to the venue, and Le said that might serve as a good host for his next appearance. A potential event in the Philippines is admittedly enticing, as well, but Le would actually prefer not to be the main event on either card.

“I’d love to get a three-rounder in instead of jumping right into a five-rounder,” Le said. “We’ll see what happens. I’d love to fight on the next card in Macau or maybe the Philippines.”

The lone caveat, Le said, is what happens in his budding film career. Le said he’s entertaining a few high-profile movie projects and is trying to help facilitate his transition out of fighting. It’s not that he’s ready to give up the sport just yet, but Le is realistic about how long one can compete.

But if all goes according to plan, there could be three more UFC fights ahead for the spin-kicking San Shou master.

“My heart is always going to be in fighting, but I know I can’t wait too much longer,” Le said. “I know the clock is ticking for me.

“I have three fights left on my contract. I would love to fight the three I have left on my contract and then retire as a UFC fighter.”

For more on the TUF China Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Who ya got?! Fighters predict Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros at UFC Fight Night 126

Who wins the UFC Fight Night 126 headliner between Donald Cerrone and Yancy Medeiros? Fellow fighters gave us their picks. read news >>

Marcin Tybura knows fans won't like him when he fights Derrick Lewis in UFC-Austin co-headliner

Marcin Tybura knows he’ll be getting some boos when he fights Texas’ own Derrick Lewis, but he’s hoping the few Polish fans at UFC Fight Night 121 make up for the rest of the crowd. read news >>

Video: Watch UFC-Austin headliner Jeremy Stephens' 2011 knockout of Marcus Davis

Jeremy Stephens will soon have his 28th – 28th! – UFC bout, and during the run, the upcoming headliner has scored some remarkable knockouts. read news >>

UFC on FOX 28 video highlights: Jeremy Stephens vs. Josh Emmett

Check out Jeremy Stephens’ violent finish of Josh Emmett in the UFC-Orlando headliner. read news >>

Reports: Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Moraes targeted for UFC-Utica headliner

A bantamweight matchup between Jimmie Rivera and Marlon Moraes is targeted to headline an upcoming UFC Fight Night. read news >>

Who ya got?! Fighters predict Josh Emmett vs. Jeremy Stephens at UFC on FOX 28

Who wins the UFC on FOX 28 headliner between Jeremy Stephens and Josh Emmett? Fellow fighters gave us their picks. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko calls out flyweight champ Nicco Montano for UFC 225 in Chicago

Valentina Shevchenko debuted in the new women’s flyweight division a month ago, and already is ready for a title shot. read news >>

UFC strawweight Cynthia Calvillo accepts six-month suspension for marijuana

UFC women’s strawweight Cynthia Calvillo suffered her first professional setback at UFC 219. Now, she’s got her first professional timeout. read news >>

Before UFC-London headliner, watch Fabricio Werdum's title-unifying win vs. Cain Velasquez

In a back-and-forth fight, Fabricio Werdum used a guillotine choke to submit Cain Velasquez to win the undisputed title at UFC 188. read news >>

UFC's Ion Cutelaba accepts six-month USADA suspension for ozone therapy administration

Because Ion Cutelaba admitted use of the illegal treatment, his suspension was reduced from two years. read news >>

Adesanya returns in April to face Vettori in AZ

After a memorable UFC debut earlier this month, Israel Adesanya will return to action on April 14 to face fellow middleweight prospect Marvin Vettori at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona. read news >>

UFC-London headliner Fabricio Werdum: 'I feel like a company guy now'

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum clearly can handle himself in the cage, and he’s starting to learn how to do it out of the cage too. read news >>

Cynthia Calvillo Handed 9 Month Suspension for Marijuana By Nevada Commission | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight Cynthia Calvillo will be sidelined until at least Sept. 30 after she was handed a nine-month suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. The suspension stems from read news >>

Darren Till on manifesting UFC-Liverpool headliner, not wanting to follow Colby Covington

Surging UFC welterweight Darren Till doesn’t want a shortcut like Colby Covington. He wants to clear out the division before a title shot. read news >>

Santiago Ponzinibbio expects UFC-Chile headliner, prefers Stephen Thompson or Donald Cerrone

Santiago Ponzinibbio hopes to headline the UFC’s first card in Chile, and he wants a top-tier opponent across from him. read news >>

Relive Tony Ferguson's First-Round KO of Katsunori Kikuno: UFC KO of the Week | MMAWeekly.com

Interim UFC lightweight champion Tony Ferguson was a prospect when he knocked out Katsunori Kikuno at UFC 173 in 2014. read news >>

Search for: