#UFC 217 #GSP #UFC Fight Night 120 #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Nate Diaz #Cody Garbrandt #Fight One #Dustin Poirier #Rose Namajunas

cung-le-ufc-fight-night-34-qaMACAU – At 41 years old, Cung Le knows his days as a professional fighter are numbered. But with three fights left on his UFC contract, Le said he’d like to complete the deal.

Of course, if UFC President Dana White is ready to implement a few special considerations, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) thinks perhaps he could reconsider.

“I told Dana, ‘If there’s a one-round fight, I’m ready. I’ll give you an amazing five minutes,’” Le joked. “I’ll throw jumping kicks for the first few minutes. Then when I get tired, I’ll start throwing wheel kicks. Then the last two minutes, I’ll start throwing side kicks.

“I could do that right now. If you want that, lets do it!”

Of course, Le knows his fantasy scenario is impossible, so he’s instead getting ready for an actual middleweight fight. While he recently served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China,” Le said he’s been staying in shape while also recovering from a series of procedures on his elbows.

“I’m able to do cardio,” Le said. “I’m able to hit pads. I’m not able to grapple as much right now, but I drill a lot. My body’s fresh. I’m finally recovered from my three elbow surgeries in four months. I’m finally feeling good. I’m able to lift weights the way I used to.”

Le will be cageside at Saturday’s TUF China Finale, which takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau and streams on UFC Fight Pass (6:15 a.m. ET/3:15 a.m. PT). The venue is the same where Le last fought, when the former Strikeforce champ scored a November 2012 knockout win over Rich Franklin.

The UFC is already targeting an August return to the venue, and Le said that might serve as a good host for his next appearance. A potential event in the Philippines is admittedly enticing, as well, but Le would actually prefer not to be the main event on either card.

“I’d love to get a three-rounder in instead of jumping right into a five-rounder,” Le said. “We’ll see what happens. I’d love to fight on the next card in Macau or maybe the Philippines.”

The lone caveat, Le said, is what happens in his budding film career. Le said he’s entertaining a few high-profile movie projects and is trying to help facilitate his transition out of fighting. It’s not that he’s ready to give up the sport just yet, but Le is realistic about how long one can compete.

But if all goes according to plan, there could be three more UFC fights ahead for the spin-kicking San Shou master.

“My heart is always going to be in fighting, but I know I can’t wait too much longer,” Le said. “I know the clock is ticking for me.

“I have three fights left on my contract. I would love to fight the three I have left on my contract and then retire as a UFC fighter.”

For more on the TUF China Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 120 headliner Dustin Poirier selling fight kit to benefit slain officer's family

Dustin Poirier returns to headliner status next month, and he’ll be using his fight to help the family of a police officer in his home town.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Gdansk medical suspensions: Forced time off for Donald Cerrone with potential 6-month term

Donald Cerrone hates to take time off, but it looks like he has no choice after UFC Fight Night 118.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

New York Commission Adopts Instant Replay Ahead of UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

The referees calling fights at UFC 217 in New York next month will have the added advantage of instant replay. The New York State Athletic Commission adopted new rules just recently to allow the in-r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 medical suspensions: Headliner Lyoto Machida out 60 days

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida must spend two months on the bench after a knockout loss to Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 119.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: 'Can you imagine this elbow on Rose's face? I can!' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk shows off some of the impressive, powerful striking skills that she plans to use on Rose Namajunas. read news >>

Wicked Elbow Takes Out the Brother of Georges St-Pierre's Coach (UFC 217 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Ricardo Ramos' wicked knockout of Aiemann Zahabi, the brother of Georges St-Pierre's coach, at UFC Fight 217. read news >>

Before UFC-Sao Paulo, co-headliner Colby Covington has plenty of 1-liners left

Love him or hate him, one thing is for sure: Welterweight Colby Covington is right at home whenever a mic is placed in front of him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 headliner Lyoto Machida credits new life outside octagon for getting him back

For the first time in his career, Lyoto Machida is learning what it’s like to deal with a lengthy layoff. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Before UFC 217 headliner, watch Georges St-Pierre get revenge on Matt Serra to reclaim title

Georges St-Pierre had revenge on his mind, and that’s exactly what he got on Matt Serra to reclaim welterweight gold in 2008.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ricardo Ramos: UFC 217 spinning elbow knockout of Aiemann Zahabi my hardest hit ever

Ricardo Ramos didn’t specifically bring out spinning (expletive) for Aiemann Zahabi, but that’s what ended up happening. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>