#UFC Fight Night 124 #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Francis Ngannou #Jeremy Stephens #Doo Ho Choi #UFC 218 #UFC 219 #Conor McGregor #Paige VanZant #UFC 217

cung-le-ufc-fight-night-34-qaMACAU – At 41 years old, Cung Le knows his days as a professional fighter are numbered. But with three fights left on his UFC contract, Le said he’d like to complete the deal.

Of course, if UFC President Dana White is ready to implement a few special considerations, Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) thinks perhaps he could reconsider.

“I told Dana, ‘If there’s a one-round fight, I’m ready. I’ll give you an amazing five minutes,’” Le joked. “I’ll throw jumping kicks for the first few minutes. Then when I get tired, I’ll start throwing wheel kicks. Then the last two minutes, I’ll start throwing side kicks.

“I could do that right now. If you want that, lets do it!”

Of course, Le knows his fantasy scenario is impossible, so he’s instead getting ready for an actual middleweight fight. While he recently served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China,” Le said he’s been staying in shape while also recovering from a series of procedures on his elbows.

“I’m able to do cardio,” Le said. “I’m able to hit pads. I’m not able to grapple as much right now, but I drill a lot. My body’s fresh. I’m finally recovered from my three elbow surgeries in four months. I’m finally feeling good. I’m able to lift weights the way I used to.”

Le will be cageside at Saturday’s TUF China Finale, which takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau and streams on UFC Fight Pass (6:15 a.m. ET/3:15 a.m. PT). The venue is the same where Le last fought, when the former Strikeforce champ scored a November 2012 knockout win over Rich Franklin.

The UFC is already targeting an August return to the venue, and Le said that might serve as a good host for his next appearance. A potential event in the Philippines is admittedly enticing, as well, but Le would actually prefer not to be the main event on either card.

“I’d love to get a three-rounder in instead of jumping right into a five-rounder,” Le said. “We’ll see what happens. I’d love to fight on the next card in Macau or maybe the Philippines.”

The lone caveat, Le said, is what happens in his budding film career. Le said he’s entertaining a few high-profile movie projects and is trying to help facilitate his transition out of fighting. It’s not that he’s ready to give up the sport just yet, but Le is realistic about how long one can compete.

But if all goes according to plan, there could be three more UFC fights ahead for the spin-kicking San Shou master.

“My heart is always going to be in fighting, but I know I can’t wait too much longer,” Le said. “I know the clock is ticking for me.

“I have three fights left on my contract. I would love to fight the three I have left on my contract and then retire as a UFC fighter.”

For more on the TUF China Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 Replays for Free on FS1 | MMAWeekly.com

If you missed UFC 218 earlier this month, or you'd just love to see Francis Ngannou's "punch heard 'round the world" again, you're in luck. read news >>

Here's how Khabib Nurmagomedov is preparing for UFC 219 co-headliner with Edson Barboza

In the lead-up to a potential title-eliminator at UFC 219, Khabib Nurmagomedov has released a video blog series documenting his preparation.Filed under: Blue Corner, News, UFC read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with UFC 219 headliner Cris Cyborg, Yancy Medeiros

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Cris Cyborg and Yancy Medeiros.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

James Vick sounds off on UFC-Austin headliner snub, getting turned down by ranked peers

James Vick isn’t too pleased with the UFC and matchmaker Sean Shelby.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Donald Cerrone not thinking about 3-fight losing skid ahead of UFC Fight Night 126 headliner

Donald Cerrone hasn’t been the type to worry about much throughout his UFC career. Even on a losing skid, his mentality hasn’t changed. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Video: Jeremy Stephens, Dooho Choi make weight for UFC Fight Night 124 headliner

The main event for the UFC’s first visit to St. Louis is official for Sunday night. Check out video of Stephens and Choi on the scale. read news >>

UFC Fighter Jessica Penne Accepts 18-Month Suspension for Failed PED Test

UFC fighter Jessica Penne accepted the 18-month suspension the United States Anti-Doping Agency levied against her after she tested positive for a banned substance. USADA confirmed Penne will serve t read news >>

UFC's Jessica Penne gets 18-month suspension for unspecified steroid

UFC anti-doping partner USADA today announced women’s strawweight Jessica Penne has accepted an 18-month suspension for an unspecified steroid.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Kamaru Usman: Colby Covington dodged UFC-St. Louis headliner, but he 'can't hide forever'

It’s not happening this week, but Kamaru Usman says a fight with Colby Covington is inevitable and “set in stone.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How fear turns UFC Fight Night 124 headliner Jeremy Stephens into a 'ferocious tiger'

More than 11 years after his UFC debut, Jeremy Stephens is still learning to cope with the emotions of a fist fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>