#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #UFC 215

MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks

LAS VEGAS – Dana White thinks Johny Hendricks beat Georges St-Pierre. He thinks GSP’s team, immediately after the fight, thought Hendricks beat the champ.

So you know Hendricks believes he won the fight.

St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) won an instantly controversial split decision against Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) in the main event of UFC 167 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday.

After the fight, despite White, the UFC’s president, saying St-Pierre was headed to the hospital, the champ showed up to the post-event news conference in the middle of the event with his face showing perhaps more wear from the 25-minute war with Hendricks than it ever had before.

“My hands are busted up from hitting him in the face,” Hendricks said at the post-event news conference. “Look at his face and look at mine.”

Perhaps more revealing, though, was Hendricks’ big reveal that in the fight, he was only hitting the champ with 70 percent power.

“I really didn’t hit him that hard,” Hendricks said. “I wasn’t really trying to knock him out. I was putting about 70 percent on him, and it was enough.”

White, though, was quick to dispute that, for obvious reasons.

“It wasn’t enough,” White told him. “You left it in the hands of the judges. You better give 100 percent next time.”

And Hendricks couldn’t dispute that, with his boss leaving him stammering for a moment.

White wants to order up a rematch between the two, reiterating to MMAjunkie his belief that Hendricks won the fight. Just when that might be remains to be seen, especially in the fight’s aftermath, when St-Pierre said he is planning to take a leave of absence of sorts to work on some personal issues and “prove a point.”

But Hendricks insisted his goal of winning a title merely hit a bump in the road.

“Dude, I don’t care about Georges,” he said. “I beat him anyway. I just want the belt. That’s the only thing that’s motivating me. I need to get it. That’s my drive. I thought I got it tonight, but I guess I didn’t. There’s a lot of things I can pull from this fight, and I’m only going to get better. It was my first five-round fight, and I took it to the champ.”

If a potential rematch does happen, “Bigg Rigg” may take White’s advice of not going anything but high gear against St-Pierre, who set a UFC record with his 19th win.

“If I get to see him in the ring again, it won’t go the distance,” Hendricks said. “I will finish him. I know I can go five rounds now.”

For complete coverage of UFC 167, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Comments

Dana White Says Jon Jones' Potential UFC 214 Drug Violation Might End His Career

UFC President Dana White has admitted Jon Jones' potential steroid violation before his UFC 214 win against Daniel Cormier may spell the end of his MMA career. The UFC confirmed in an official statem read news >>

Daniel Cormier 'Very Emotional' over Jon Jones' Potential UFC 214 Drug Violation

Dethroned UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has released a statement detailing his "very emotional" state after it was reported Jon Jones failed a drug test prior to their recent rematch read news >>

Dana White and Jeff Novitzky: Jon Jones UFC Anti-Doping Violation Scrum (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White and Jeff Novitzky held an impromptu media scrum on Tuesday addressing the breaking news of Jon Jones testing positive for steroids. read news >>

A somber Dana White wonders if Jon Jones ever fights again after champ's failed UFC 214 drug test

“It’s brutal. It’s unbelievable,” Dana White said of Jon Jones’ failed drug test at UFC 214.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm to UFC on Potential UFC 219 Fight vs. Cyborg: 'Let's Negotiate'

Holly Holm is ready to take on Cris "Cyborg" Justino. But it'll cost the UFC. In an interview with ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto, Holm went on record to say she is open to the contest. The former UFC bant read news >>

Dana White doesn't rule out giving Conor McGregor a piece of the UFC

So high is UFC President Dana White on Conor McGregor he’s willing to entertain giving the Irishman an ownership stake in the company.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones notified of potential doping violation in wake of UFC 214 title win

Jon Jones was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of a potential failed test, his third overall.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White and Jeff Novitzky to Address Jon Jones UFC Anti-Doping Violation at 10:45p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White and Jeff Novitsky, the UFC's vice president of athlete health and performance, are holding a Jon Jones press conference, Tuesday at 10:45p ET. read news >>

Dana White reveals plans for Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before failed drug test

UFC President Dana White said the plan was for Jon Jones to fight heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic at UFC 218 before Jones’ failed drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White's Contender Series 7 results: Joby Sanchez, Benito Lopez headed to UFC

Another two fighters are heading to the UFC courtesy of this summer’s inaugural run of Dana White’s Contender Series. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>