Joe Aldo says he would welcome bouts against other UFC divisional champions. | Photo: Dave Mandel

Jose Aldo currently sits alone atop the featherweight division, but the UFC’s second-youngest champion has a dream: a possible move in weight that could result in a super-fight against a fellow UFC champ, such as Frankie Edgar or Dominick Cruz.

Aldo, 24, has already verbally agreed to make his next title defense against Kenny Florian, who earned the shot in his 145-pound debut by outpointing world-ranked Diego Nunes. After that, however, if desired by the UFC and agreed upon by his management, Aldo says he’d be more than happy to shift in weight.

“It’s not only about my wishes,” Aldo explained to Sherdog.com. “My coach, Andre Pederneiras, and managers Ed Soares and ‘Joinha’ [Jorge Guimaraes] are also involved, so it has to come from them, as well as from [UFC President] Dana White and [matchmaker] Joe Silva. I’m a fighter; I’ve gotta do my job well and always try to give the crowd a show. If it was only about my wishes, I’d love to move my weight up and down to fight, but I’m confident when they believe it’s a good time, I’ll be asked to face this new challenge.”

Aside from taking part in his own, Aldo also showed himself to be generally in favor of super-fights, admitting that he would like to see middleweight king Anderson Silva take on light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, or Silva against welterweight ruler Georges St. Pierre.

“I’m in favor of that because I think the promotion, the public and the media would gain a lot with [super-fights],” the Nova Uniao fighter opined. “A lot of fans want to see champions fight champions from other divisions. If people could find a way to make that, to get a consensus, I think there’s a place for that in the UFC. For me, as I said, it would be a dream come true to test myself between the lighter weights.”

Before any move, though, Aldo must defend his crown against Florian. After six weeks away from training, the champion is getting back to perfect shape. Now completely healed is the shoulder injury which he discovered after his five-round battle with Mark Hominick at UFC 129.

“I’m just waiting on the date [to face Florian],” said Aldo. “I returned to my training routines after a good period of rest, and I’m getting back into shape with boxing, jiu-jitsu and muay Thai. I’m not exactly focused on Florian. I’ll wait to be, like, seven weeks out from the fight to figure out a strategy to beat him.”

New division unleashed: Check out the 'UFC 208: Holm vs. De Randamie' extended preview

The UFC returns to New York for the third time in 14 weeks when it brings UFC 208 to Brooklyn next month. Check out the extended video preview for the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Julianna Pena: If I was Amanda Nunes, I wouldn't be talking about featherweight fights

DENVER – UFC women’s bantamweight contender Julianna Pena figures by MMA math, she should at least do well against champ Amanda Nunes. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Andrei Arlovski: I'm Not in a Position to Pick My Opponent (UFC Denver) | MMAWeekly.com

Having lost three fights in a row, Andrei Arlovski knows that he can't be choosy about his opponents or make big, boastful claims. read news >>

Anderson Silva wants fights with UFC champs McGregor and Bisping – but won't fight Brit in England

RIO DE JANEIRO – Former UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva has a fight scheduled with Derek Brunson, but he’s already got his sights on a couple of different opponents.Filed under: Featured, Featu read news >>

New division, same Cowboy Cerrone

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has had a successful transition into the welterweight division. And he's still the same old Cowboy, looking to fight as often as possible. read news >>

Dan Cormier fights tonight. No, not that one

There’s a familiar name on Friday night’s CES MMA 41 fight card, but it’s not in the main event or even on the televised main card. There’s another Dan Cormier in the world of MMA, and he just happen read news >>

One to Watch: Andrei Arlovski vs. Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC The UFC’s first 2017 show to be broadcast on Fox is a big one. Taking place in the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado, UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña (otherwise known as read news >>

One to Watch: Andrei Arlovski vs. Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>