#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Kevin Lee #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva #Demetrious Johnson

Mike Swick waited two and a half years to make his UFC return, and after knocking out DaMarques Johnson at UFC on Fox 4, he wants to get back in the cage much quicker this time.

“I just had to get a little ring rust out and get back into the rhythm,” Swick told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “That’s what I’m trying to do now is get these fights and get back in there.”

Swick had not fought since Feb. 6, 2010, due to a variety of ailments, including a knee injury and an esophageal condition. At times it wasn’t clear if he’d ever fight again.

“I never gave up,” Swick said. “I definitely thought that there’s a chance it might not happen, that the body wouldn’t hold up or I wasn’t going to be able to make that return, but I also pushed for it as if it was possible and just hoped and worked hard. Each day I got better and better. I did a lot of research and figured out the diet, and once I got that, I felt great. Then I knew I was coming back.”

Johnson, who was a finalist on Season 9 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” gave Swick some serious trouble in the first round. At one point he had Swick mounted and was landing elbows, but in the second Swick caught a kick and knocked him out with a perfectly timed right hand.

“He definitely showed up,” Swick said. “He took some hard shots right in the beginning, those first two hard punches, and he was totally game. It was great. That’s the fight I wanted. I wanted to get in there and mix it up and have a go like that to kind of get me back in the rhythm. That was exactly what I wanted.”

Now Swick’s looking to get right back in the cage again, but first he plans on having the scar tissue in his knee cleaned up. It will be a quick procedure and has already been scheduled.

“I should be back doing cardio and training like maybe a week after,” Swick said. “It’s just a small sidetrack, and then hopefully I can get a fight soon. I want to get back in there.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 25:45).

Comments

Once with nothing but 'a backpack full of dreams,' Poliana Botelho eager to make UFC debut

Poliana Botelho’s path to the octagon might have been quicker than some of her peers, but it doesn’t mean it was easy.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

Kevin Lee believes Tony Ferguson is done evolving as a fighter, “and if you stop evolving, you start dying.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

If successful at UFC 216, UFC champ Demetrious Johnson explains who's next

If victorious at UFC 216, Demetrious Johnson will have the UFC title-defense record. He’ll also have his eye on who’s next.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre Official Fight Poster Unveiled | MMAWeekly.com

What do you think of the official UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre fight poster? read news >>

What happens when you pay a fighter to retire? What happens when you stop?

The UFC tried a creative approach to a problem as old as combat sports when it gave cushy jobs to legendary fighters it wanted to usher into retirement. Now those jobs are disappearing, and the retir read news >>

Former UFC Fighter Shayna Baszler Inks a Deal to Join WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight competitor and "Ultimate Fighter" veteran Shayna Baszler has officially joined the WWE roster. WWE officials announced the news on Tuesday. Just recently, Baszler comp read news >>

UFC Champ Cody Garbrandt's Harrowing Account of Friend Being Shot at Las Vegas Concert (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC champ Cody Garbrandt was not at the Route 91 Music Festival on Sunday, but recounts the harrowing details of a friend of his that was shot... twice. read news >>

Kevin Lee: Champ Conor McGregor has lost 3 of 4, got 'outwrestled' by 40-year-old boxer

UFC 216 headliner Kevin Lee is doing all he can to lure Conor McGregor into a UFC lightweight title-unification match.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey Produced Documentary Series 'Why We Fight' Picked Up by Verizon Go90 | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey continued to push into new avenues outside the cage with her latest project getting picked up by Verizon's Go90 free video service. The documenta read news >>

UFC 216 pre-event facts: Tony Ferguson looks to extend longest win-streak in lightweight history

Check out 55 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC 216, which features a Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee interim lightweight title main event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>