Jessica Aguilar was thrilled to defeat Megumi Fujii in a battle of top 115-pound fighters at Bellator Fighting Championships 69, but the American Top Team representative believes she still has room to improve.

In an interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show, Aguilar discussed how she can get better, beating Fujii and more.

On the win over Fujii: “This fight means the world to me. It was my goal from the beginning when I got into this sport to become the best, and here I am today.”

On the game plan against Fujii: “I was trying to keep it standing to frustrate her as much as possible, and when she went to the ground, defend and ground-and-pound and even try submissions.”

On what she was thinking after losing both contacts in the second round: “I’m squinting my eyes a little more. I can’t see. Obviously my corner knows, but I’m thinking, ‘Oh my gosh.’ There’s different things going through your mind, but once I was close to Megumi, I could see what was going on. … I could see her when I was close to her, but from far away, I couldn’t see her across the cage.”

On the unanimous decision: “My trainer talked about me winning, I think, the first and the second and losing the third round. I did watch the fight actually yesterday. That’s what I thought it looked like as well. I won the first two rounds and lost the third round. … As a fighter, I think of the damage I’m giving and what I’m taking. I wasn’t getting a lot, but every hit I would land on her, it was causing damage. It was connecting.”

On why she boxes but doesn’t kick often: “There’s a lot of things that I need to improve on still and that I’m still working on. … Every time I’m training, it’s for specific fights. There’s no time [for] kind of putting aside some time and just training kicks, kicks, kicks. I would absolutely love to learn how to get better with my kicks.”

On whether she’d give Fujii a rematch: “Just as long as I have work, I’m blessed. Whoever they offer me, and if they make sense and if it’s a good opportunity, I’ll take it. They’ve done a great job. They’ve brought only the best together inside of the Bellator cage at 115 pounds. I’m sure that they’re going to continue doing that. I don’t have any target on anyone.”

On her loss to Zoila Gurgel: “I should have finished the fight. It happened. Whatever happened, happened, and I’ve moved on from that. If a rematch ever comes in the future -- anything that happens in the future and makes sense, then I’ll take it.”

On Ronda Rousey being a flag-bearer for women’s MMA: “I think she deserves it. She’s done her part. She’s a great athlete. She has her skills. She’s doing awesome with everything she’s doing. Congratulations to her. It only helps all of us.”

On being the top 115-pound fighter: “That’s who I am, I think. I kind of still don’t believe it, but you know what? It’s true. I am now the number one female fighter in my weight class and I’m proud of saying that. It’s been a hard six years. I came a long way. A lot of training, a lot of up and downs, but here I am today, enjoying it. Now I’m riding the high.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:09:04).

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my progress since first loss

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Jacare Souza: 'I'm the Champion Without the Title' | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza wants a title shot, but believes he is already the champion, he just doesn't have the belt to prove it. read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Rafael dos Anjos considering Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz for first welterweight fight

Rafael dos Anjos believes he’s earned the right to jump right into UFC title contention in the welterweight division.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ de Randamie believes hand surgery inevitable, responds to Holm, 'Cyborg'

On a media teleconference Thursday, Germaine de Randamie discussed the likelihood of hand surgery and responded to criticism from both Holly Holm and “Cyborg” Justino.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>