#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Volkan Oezdemir #Jon Jones #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Dynasty of Heroes #Bojan Velickovic #Angela Magana #Nicholas Musoke #Diaz vs. McGregor 2

Ahead of his bout against Bart Palaszewski at “The Ultimate Fighter 17” Finale, Cole Miller visualized defeat.

Then he submitted Palaszewski with a rear-naked choke 4:23 into the first round.

Coming off the win, he joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss his strategy and more.

On his game plan against Palaszewski: “The big thing was not to get knocked out. Other than that, I didn’t really have one. I was just thinking score some punches, and if he takes me down, get to work. Then if a takedown opportunity presents itself, then put him on the floor and do the same.”

On what he expected from Palaszewski: “I thought that he was going to do pretty much what he did: sit back for a little bit. He’s got really, really good eyes. Being the striker that he is, he sits back and he watches his opponents really well, which is what kind of makes him -- I don’t want to call him a slow starter, but he’s a patient fighter. He doesn’t really get going until the second and the third rounds because he pays attention to the movements, every little thing that his opponents are doing to him. I wanted to keep him guessing, throwing punches and kicks and feints and things like that, to make it to where he wouldn’t really catch on so much.”

On struggling through his training camp for the fight: “It was super hard. I missed pretty much half my camp. I had some little sidelining injuries that kept me out at the beginning of the camp, some training partners trying to pretty much hurt me. I was sick. I got the flu like everybody else in the country. I missed two and a half weeks off of that, and then the week before I left for my fight, my grandma and grandpa came down to visit and he’s got Alzheimer’s and it’s really, really bad. He’s starting to get violent and things like that. It really took its toll mentally on me.”

On getting injured while training: “Nobody was trying to send me to the hospital, but I think that when you’re a professional and you’re fighting at the level that I’m fighting, I think that some of these guys get a little too excited and they’re going a little too hard.”

On whether he felt pressure entering the fight with back-to-back losses: “I felt some. I just tried to ignore it so that way I could fight my style of fight. I can’t sit there and think about that kind of stuff too, too much. There was pressure, but if you don’t accept that you’re already going to be facing defeat, then you’re not going to fight like you should be fighting.”

On accepting defeat: “That’s how I go into pretty much all my fights. To make sure I try to finish my opponents, I go in there with that mentality. [I] just picture myself losing in every way possible and getting humiliated in every way possible. That way, when I do that, I accept in my mind that outcome is going to happen, and then once I accept it, then I’m fine with it. Then I can just go out there and perform the way that I know how to and I can search for finishes constantly.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:16).

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Trey Ogden Prepared to Get Victory FC 57 Win 'In Any Way, Shape, or Form' | MMAWeekly.com

Trey Ogden (7-1) now turns his attention to his first bout of 2017 when he takes on Chance Thackston (3-0) in a main card 170-pound bout at Victory FC 57. read news >>

'The Ultimate Fighter 26' to crown first-ever UFC women's flyweight champion

The UFC is introducing a 12th weight class as the promotion announced today that “The Ultimate Fighter 26” will culminate with the crowning of the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion.Filed under read news >>

John Castaneda 'Not Going to Accept Defeat' Against UFC Vet Chris Beal at Combate Americas 14 | MMAWeekly.com

John Castaneda (12-2) will have his first bout of 2017 when he takes on former UFC vet Chris Beal (10-4) in a 135-pound bout at Combate Americas 14 on Friday. read news >>

Episode No. 3 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption'

Check out the full results for Episode No. 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Cody Garbrandt and Dustin Poirier

Cody Garbrandt calls in to talk about his experience around The Ultimate Fighter house, Team Alpha Male saving his life and more. Later, Dustin Poirier calls in to talk about his UFC 211 FX prelims M read news >>

James Nakashima Says He's the Most Compete Fighter That He Knows Ahead of LFA 11 | MMAWeekly.com

James Nakashima (6-0) returns for his first bout of 2017 when he takes on LaRue Burley (7-2) in a main card 170-pound bout on Friday in Phoenix at LFA 11. read news >>

Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder among four bouts added to TUF 25 Finale

The card for The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale continues to take shape as the UFC announced today four more fights to the card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>