#UFC Fight Night 128 #Corey Anderson #Patrick Cummins #UFC on Fox 29 #Kevin Lee #Siyar Bahadurzada #Luan Chagas #Dustin Poirier #Conor McGregor #Edson Barboza #Jon Jones #Ryan LaFlare #Justin Gaethje #Alex Garcia

Adam Piccolotti Plans To Put It All Together Against Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 183 | MMAWeekly.com

After a nearly four-year start to his career where he was not forced to drop out of a fight, lightweight Adam Piccolotti missed his February scheduled bout with Brent Primus due to injury.

While dealing with an injury and the work that comes with getting his body healthy wasn’t an issue for Piccolotti, having to miss time for something that happened to him was the tougher thing to handle.

“It’s really challenging mentally,” Piccolotti told MMAWeekly.com. “Of course there was a physical aspect of my injury and that’s what put me out, but the physical stuff I can deal with, it’s the mental aspect that’s kept me out so long that has sucked.

“I love to fight and I love to compete, so not to be able to do what I do is a bummer. The pure pride in having to pull out of a fight really hurts. That’s the first time I had to do that. It was something new, and hopefully I learn from it. I’m just happy to be back.”

If anything positive came out of his time off, Piccolotti acknowledges that he was able to add to his game once he was able to begin training again.

“I had a lot of time to do some studying,” said Piccolotti. “Especially after that initial rehab, kind of on my way back, I was able to do a lot of drilling and practicing without necessarily the hard sparring and stuff like that. I feel like I make significant improvements in my game, especially since my last fight.”

Piccolotti (9-0) will step into the cage for the first time in 10 months when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (21-3) in a Bellator 183 main card 155-pound bout on Saturday in San Jose, Calif.

“This kid has some good experience, he’s fought for Bellator a while,” Piccolotti said of Yamauchi. “He’s got a good ground game as well. I think it’s really going to be me going out and putting everything together better than he does. That’s what is going to separate us.

“It’s all about transitions, and not necessarily one individual skill, that’s going to win the fight. I think it’s going to be well-rounded, putting it together, being aggressive and violent, and putting it all together that night.”

Having won all five of his Bellator bouts, including three finishes, another victory on September 23 could very well secure Piccolotti a lightweight title shot. However, if a championship match doesn’t materialize, then Piccolotti wants to face a title contender at the least.

“I don’t think about it too much,” said Piccolotti. “I know where I’m at, though, and I know where the division is at. If they don’t want to give me a title shot, I want somebody in the Top 4.

“There’s the (Bellator 183) main event with Benson (Henderson) and ‘Pitbull’ (Freire), and I would like to fight either one of them. I see the two guys who are in the (upcoming lightweight) title fight; (Brent) Primus and (Michael) Chandler, and I’d like to fight either one of them. Other than that, I don’t see it being too smart to fight anybody else.”

Comments

Flyweight Champ Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Makes First Defense at Bellator 201 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Pechanga Resort Casino in Temecula, Calif. for Bellator 201 on Friday, June 29. The card will be headlined by the San Diego-based Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (7-0), who defends her undef read news >>

Ed Ruth Believes 'Conditioning Will Play A Big Part at Bellator 196 Against Ion Pascu | MMAWeekly.com

Ed Ruth (4-0) will look to further showcase his development in his first fight of 2018 at Bellator 196 in Budapest, Hungary, against veteran Ion Pascu (17-7). read news >>

Taylor Johnson Plans to Use His 'Heavy Hands' at LFA 36 En Route to Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Taylor Johnson (2-0) will look to keep his undefeated start going when he takes on Corey Turner (1-1) in an LFA 36 main card 185-pound bout on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 196: Benson Henderson - In Focus | MMAWeekly.com

Get to know Benson "Smooth" Henderson before he headlines Bellator 196 on April 6 against Roger Huerta. read news >>

Sean Grande returns to broadcast booth for 'one night only' at Bellator 196

Bellator fans will hear a recognizable voice on play-by-play duties next month at Bellator 196 when Sean Grande returns for “one night only.” read news >>

James Gallagher wants return at Bellator 200: 'Card won't be complete until I'm on it'

Bellator featherweight prospect James Gallagher is seeking a late-May return to competition, and he knows exactly which card he wants on. read news >>

Cheick Kongo returns against Javy Ayala at Bellator 199 in San Jose

A heavyweight bout between Javy Ayala and Cheick Kongo has been added to May’s Bellator 199 lineup. read news >>

Can Brandon Girtz get signature win – like the ones inside – against Chandler at Bellator 197?

Brandon Girtz has had some big moments so far in his Bellator career. In two weeks, he could have his biggest moment yet. read news >>

'Wonderboy' Issues Fair Warning to Darren Till: 'There Are Levels to this Game' | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson plans on reminding Darren Till why he's the No. 1 ranked welterweight contender in the world when they meet in Liverpool in May read news >>

Calvin Kattar Plans to 'Shut Down' Renato Carneiro at UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Calvin Kattar (18-2) faces off against Renato Carneiro (11-1-1) in a 145-pound main card bout at UFC 223 on April 7 in Brooklyn, N.Y. read news >>

Bellator 196 and Bellator Kickboxing 9 Fight Cards Finalized | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator has announced completed cards for both Bellator 196 and Bellator Kickboxing 9, which take place this Friday, April 6 at BOK Hall in Budapest, Hungary. read news >>

Paul Felder Ready for War But Plans on Throwing Shots to Finish Al Iaquinta in the First Minute | MMAWeekly.com

Paul Felder is ready for a three round war of attrition against Al Iaquinta, but as tough as the New York native might be, he's also going to be throwing bombs at him with the intention of finishing read news >>

Benson Henderson committed to finishing Roger Huerta at Bellator 196 'by all means'

Benson Henderson is sick and tired of having close fights, and he intends on doing something about it in the Bellator 196 headliner. read news >>

CES 49's Chris Curtis Plans: 'Everybody Thinks I Should Be in the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

Chris Curtis (15-5) will defend his title in a 170-pound main event championship match against Jason Norwood (18-4) at CES 49 on Friday in Lincoln, R.I. read news >>

Video: Holy moly, this Adam Borics flying-knee knockout at Bellator 196 is hellacious

Adam Borics unleashed a hellacious flying knee in the Bellator 196 co-main event. read news >>

Benson Henderson Submits Roger Huerta (Bellator 196 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator cage was in Budapest, Hungary on Friday for Bellator 196 headlined by former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and veteran Roger Huerta. read news >>

Search for: