#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

6827A smarter Brian Rogers enters his third Bellator middleweight tournament at Bellator 89 tonight from The Bojangles’ Coliseum in Charlotte, NC.

Having come up short twice before, Rogers left his full-time special needs teaching job to focus solely on his fighting career prior to his last fight.

Asked what he’s done to ensure a different outcome this tournament, Rogers said, “Leaving my day job and things like that, trying to be perfect in everything I do to prepare myself.  Smarter work, you know what I mean, and taking a look at some of my tendencies and correct things.

“I entered the Bellator tournament the first time with the least amount of experience or anybody and now I’ve had six Bellator fights.  It’s nice.  I’m becoming a Bellator veteran.  It feels good going into it and having the experience.  I’m hoping for a better outcome this tournament.”

Rogers takes on Dan Cramer (9-3), an American Top Team trained fighter who has seven fights under his belt in Bellator, but this is his first tournament.

“Most people know him from when he was on The Ultimate Fighter Season 7.  He had a tough time in the UFC.  He went 1-1 or 2-1.  I haven’t really studied those fights because he’s had five or six fights in Bellator, so that’s what I’ve more paid attention to,” said Rogers about his opponent.

“He’s a guy that likes to brawl.  He’s going to try to use his wrestling and clinch work.  He usually out-grinds people and goes to a decision by just putting them on their back and grinding them.  That’s what he’s going to try to do, and I’m going to do my best to make that not happen.”

Rogers is primarily a striker, coming from a karate background, but is prepared if the fight goes to the ground.

“I don’t plan on him putting me on my back.  If he does, I plan on getting right back up.  Closed guard and open guard submissions are rare,” said Rogers.  “I could very well end up on top.  I’m going to let my hands go on top and if a submission is there, I’m going grip it.”

Asked if he had a prediction about his upcoming fight with Cramer, Rogers said, “We’ll see what happens.  I’m not going to predict a knockout, but if I’m doing the right things, that’s what’s going to happen.”

(Photo courtesy of Bellator MMA)

Comments

Scott Coker Determined to Make Michael Page vs. Paul Daley Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator MMA welterweight Michael "Venom" Page recently stated that he'd only take a fight against fellow Englishman Paul "Semtex" Daley if Daley agreed to a winner take all bout agreement. The fight read news >>

Bellator signs Goiti Yamauchi to new long-term contract

Goiti Yamauchi is sticking with Bellator for the foreseeable future after signing a new long-term deal with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

'Robbed' against Mousasi, Shlemenko also wants 5-round non-title Bellator headliners

Count Alexander Shlemenko among those who would like to see Bellator adopt five-round fights for non-title Bellator headliners.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio Highlight, Videos read news >>

New Bellator app allows main-card streaming, live prelims overseas

Bellator fans around the world, say goodbye to preliminary-card tape delay.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

John Howard discusses CES MMA 46 main event, his future, and being on the autism spectrum

Tonight in Rhode Island, a former CES MMA champion returns to the promotion for the first time in more than four years. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, Videos read news >>

Champ Ryan Bader to show 'disrespectful' Linton Vassell 'another level' at Bellator 186

Champ Ryan Bader using Linton Vassell’s talk as fuel for his performance in the Bellator 186 main event.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Still undefeated, Bellator 185's Jordan Young plans move to 205 pounds

Surging Bellator fighter Jordan Young isn’t resting on his success at middleweight. He’s moving up to 205 pounds.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Tonight's CES MMA 46 headliner, John Howard, went away to see if he still loved MMA

After two stints in the UFC and one in WSOF, John Howard wasn’t sure if the frustration of an MMA career was worth it anymore. After a year off, “Doomsday” found he couldn’t stay away. Now he’s back read news >>

Ed Ruth Lays Out His Bellator 186 Game Plan for Chris Dempsey | MMAWeekly.com

Ed Ruth (3-0) takes on his most experienced opponent yet when he faces Chris Dempsey (11-5) in a Bellator 186 main card 185-pound bout. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for Bellator 186 and 2 title fights in Pennsylvania

Make your picks for the five-fight main card of Bellator 186, which has two title fights Friday in Pennsylvania.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>