#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

Rolles Gracie at UFC 109It’s been nearly three years since Rolles Gracie had his one and only fight in the UFC, but the learning experience is something he’s carried with him ever since.

Stepping in as an undefeated 3-0 prospect, Gracie had a lot of pressure on day one in the UFC because his famous last name doesn’t lend him any grace period or warm up fights.

Things didn’t go his way because Gracie soon found himself on the outside looking in after being finished by TKO, losing to Joey Beltran in his only fight in the Octagon.

Now with five more fights under his belt and a load of training and experience to boot, Gracie has re-invented himself with a striking game, improved cardio and still the jiu-jitsu you’d expect with a last name like his.

“Every time I get more confident. For the past two fights, I walked in with the mentality that maybe I’ll stand for the whole fight. I’m getting more confident with my stand-up skills because of the team and the coaches we have,” said Gracie when speaking with MMAWeekly.com.

Surrounded by the team at Renzo Gracie’s gym in New York as well as coaches like Mark Henry, Gracie has become a whole new animal over the last couple of years, and following three wins in 2012, his phone has been busy with offers for the new year.

“Within a few hours from the fight, I already had like three offers to fight again. I’m weighing my options, I’m still under contract with ONE FC, I have a couple of places I could go, I’m still under contract here in the U.S. with World Series of Fighting, so I have some options to see what’s best for my career in 2013,” said Gracie.

“We all know that the best heavyweights are in the UFC. That’s a thing I was talking about with Ali (Abdel-Aziz) my manager about, let’s see what’s out there, what doors are open. I still want to test myself against the best.”

The UFC will always be a sticking point for Gracie because he didn’t get to show his best that night in 2010. He wasn’t ready for that moment and Gracie readily admits it, but he’s starting to reach the level now where he could face the best heavyweights in the world.

It’s not the same fighter that fought Joey Beltran at UFC 109, and Gracie hopes to one day prove that to everybody on the biggest stage possible.

“I still need to prove it, not only to myself, because I know that loss it was just an accident on the way to my career. I know if I fought Joey (Beltran) again, I’d beat him, I know if I fought him again 10 times, I’d beat him 10 times,” Gracie stated.

“I need prove that I belong among the best and that I can compete against the best.”

Comments

UFC Fight Night 117 results: Jessica Andrade beats up Claudia Gadelha in bloody battle

Claudia Gadelha only had lost to strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk before Friday. Then Jessica Andrade came into her life. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

He missed weight and lost a title shot, but is there still hope for Bellator's Leandro Higo?

After a split-decision loss to champ Eduardo Dantas to kick off his Bellator run, Leandro Higo believes a win over Joe Taimanglo at Bellator 184 could help get him to another title shot.Filed under: read news >>

Kevin Lee: Champ Conor McGregor has lost 3 of 4, got 'outwrestled' by 40-year-old boxer

UFC 216 headliner Kevin Lee is doing all he can to lure Conor McGregor into a UFC lightweight title-unification match.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson is a Mexican from Michigan Who Doesn't Speak Spanish | MMAWeekly.com

There is no love lost between Kevin Lee and Tony Ferguson. read news >>

Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz Scrapped from UFC 216 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216 has lost a fight just over 24-hours away from the event. Lightweight fighter Nik Lentz has been forced out of his scheduled fight against former teammate Will Brooks and the matchup has now b read news >>

Did Mark Godbeer get the better end of the UFC 216 fight cancellation after all?

Even though he lost the chance to fight at UFC 216 at the last minute, did Mark Godbeer wind up getting the better end of the deal?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Manager: Henry Cejudo will fight Sergio Pettis at UFC 218 despite injuries, lost Olympic medal in fire

Henry Cejudo still plans to fight at UFC 218 despite burning his foot and losing key personal items while escaping the California wildfires.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Curtis Millender Looking to Make Up for Lost Time in LFA 24 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Curtis Millender (23-3) will be seeking his fifth win in a row overall when he takes on Matthew Frincu (11-2) in the LFA 24 main event on Friday in Phoenix. read news >>

UFC Star Julianna Pena is Pregnant | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight contender Julianna Pena is pregnant. Pena hasn't set foot in the Octagon since she lost to Valentina Shevchenko at UFC on FOX 25 in January, and now it looks like she won't be return read news >>