Results for: longer in news

  • 2 days ago
  • 69 views
  • News

The spotlight in no longer so bright on Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier’s brewing feud, but the upcoming title challenger recently dropped an interesting nugget on social media.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • 7 days ago
  • 1 views
  • News

Former Bellator middleweight champion hector Lombard revealed on Wednesday afternoon that he had officially changed his nickname from ‘Lightning’ to ‘Showeather.’ It appears that Hector Lombard has undergone ‘significant transformation' as a professional athlete by changing his name from ‘Lightning' to ‘Showeather.' The former Bellator middleweight champion took to Facebook to explain his reasons for changing the nickname. Hector "Lightning" Lombard and the brand has undergone a significant tran read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 2 views
  • News

Old habits die hard. Sometimes that can be a bad thing, but not in the case of UFC light heavyweight contender Ovince Saint Preux. For the former University of Tennessee football player... read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 142 views
  • News

Two years after signing a contract with the UFC, Geronimo dos Santos is no longer on the UFC roster. "Mondragon" signed with the promotion in 2012 to compete at the UFC 153 card in Rio de Janeiro against former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga, but he was removed from the card after his pre-fight medical exams indicated he had hepatitis B. Two years have passed and the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) won’t clear him to compete yet, so he asked to be released from his UFC contract. "I’m healed, t read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 1 views
  • News

Fans will have to wait a little longer than expected for one of the most-anticipated fights in UFC history.Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier for the UFC light heavyweight title has been moved from Sept. 27 to Jan. 3 due to an ankle injury suffered in training by Jones earlier this week. The news was first reported on FOX Sports 1's "America's Pregame.""It's very disappointing," Cormier told MMAFighting.com. "I started to train very hard. It's a little discouraging, but now I have time to get complete read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 6 views
  • News

Mark Bocek wasn't exactly forced into retirement. The 32-year-old longtime UFC lightweight didn't suffer a string of worrisome knockout losses, or even experience a career downturn of sorts. In fact, unlike most retirees, Bocek exited the sport on an upswing, having won three of his last four, with more than a few miles of tread left on his tires. Yet still Bocek has decided to call it quits, and if nothing else, his comments after making his departure from mixed martial arts official on Wednesd read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 91 views
  • News

Nick Diaz is no longer a retiree, agreeing to return to UFC for a three-fight contract. The company announced the deal on Thursday afternoon, per UFC.com's Matt Parrino. 'I've been doing a whole lot of not getting punched around-type stuff,' Diaz said Thursday afternoon at UFC headquarters. 'I've been staying in shape pretty good, doing a lot of running. It's been a good experience having this much time off.' The target for Diaz and the UFC is to get him back in the cage early next year, but the read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 63 views
  • News

"Money" may get the title fight he wants with (or without) Aldo after UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta declared that the promotion would consider the possibility of an interim featherweight title fight if "Junior" isn't cleared by October. Chad Mendes' hopes of getting his revenge on Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion Jose Aldo were delayed after an injury to "Junior" forced a cancellation of their rematch; which was set to go down at UFC 176 on Aug. 2, 2014 in Los Angeles, Cali read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 41 views
  • News

Robert Drysdale pushed his MMA record to 7-0 at “The Ultimate Fighter 19” Finale on Sunday in Las Vegas. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 49 views
  • News

Chad Mendes will have to wait a little longer to get his second shot at the UFC title. UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has suffered an injury that will force him out of his seventh UFC title defense on August 2 in Los Angeles, California, against the Alpha Male product, MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight on FOX Sports 1. UFC president Dana White confirmed the news, but there’s no word yet on a new main event for UFC 176. Mendes earned his second U read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 55 views
  • News

With UFC 181 likely no longer taking place in Montreal this December as originally planned, the card appears to have a new potential home already lined up.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>

Show results for:

Jump to:

<< Previous PageNext Page >>