Results for: declines in news

  • a month ago
  • 8 views
  • News

Former UFC superstar, Chael Sonnen says "No" to formal MMA bout with Wanderlei Silva; is open to Metamoris match. A few months ago, a devastating blow to Wanderlei Silva's MMA career came about when the Nevada Athletic Commission issued a lifetime ban to the longtime crowd favorite for refusing to take a random drug test. In the weeks since, Silva has "retired", lashed out at the UFC in an emotionally charged video, agreed to fight Chael Sonnen for an XFC event, and just today, tweeted about UFC read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 12 views
  • News

Xtreme Fighting Championships (XFC) was targeting a grudge match between Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen in Brazil, but it looks like The American Gangster doesn't plan on finding a loophole in his current suspension to make the bout happen. After Rede TV (via MMA Fighting) reported that The Axe Murderer, who served as a color commentator at XFC International 7 in Sao Paulo, was open to fighting his old American rival under the XFC banner, Sonnen has shot down the matchup. The retired three-tim read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 64 views
  • News

Time for Plan B? Wanderlei Silva is banned from mixed martial arts (MMA) -- at least in the United States -- and his former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) rival Chael Sonnen is currently serving a two-year suspension from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). Get all the latest details on those punishments here. But that wouldn't stop them from competing outside the jurisdiction of stateside commissions, like Japan or the far reaches of Brazil, which may explain why "The Axe Murderer" w read news >>

  • 5 months ago
  • 48 views
  • News

Eddie Bravo has laid relatively low since competing against Royler Gracie at Metamoris 3 in March. read news >>

  • 5 months ago
  • 47 views
  • News

Bellator tried to sign Jungle Fight bantamweight champion Jonas Bilharinho, but the undefeated prospect wasn’t interested in the offer. Sources close to the situation told MMAFighting.com that "Speed", who became the 135-pound champion in March with a split decision victory over previously unbeaten Mario Israel (9-1), decided to decline the offer and wait for an opportunity in the UFC. "That’s right," Bilharinho confirmed to MMAFighting.com. "I declined (the offer) for two reasons. I have a figh read news >>

  • 6 months ago
  • 56 views
  • News

From Yahoo Sports: The newly crowned welterweight champ refuses to accept the many gifts that he's now being offered. read news >>

  • 9 months ago
  • 147 views
  • News

Rich Franklin turning down a fight? Never thought I'd see the day ... Earlier this year, former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight titleholder Rich Franklin told the combat sports media that he wasn't a fan of watching mixed martial arts (MMA) fights. Apparently, he's not a fan of participating in them, either. That's because "Ace" has reportedly turned down a light heavyweight fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, which would have been a part of the UFC Fight Night 40 event ins read news >>

  • a year ago
  • 758 views
  • News

Geography is apparently keeping Anderson Silva from accepting Chael Sonnen’s invitation to help him coach the upcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter Brazil.” Silva, though, wasn’t opposed to the idea.Filed under: News, UFC Tagged: Anderson Silva, (...) read news >>

  • a year ago
  • 3098 views
  • News

UFC president Dana White is prepared to take Vitor Belfort up on his offer to fight at light heavyweight, offering up Blackzilian teammate Rashad Evans as a candidate. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 316 views
  • News

Patrick Cote's controversial UFC 154 disqualification victory over Alessio Sakara will stand. On Friday, Quebec's La Regie des alcools des courses et des jeux (the baord that governs combat sports in the province) declined to hear Sakara's protest that referee Dan Miragliotta mishandled the bout, which took place Nov. 17 at Montreal's Bell Centre. French-language outlet LaPress.ca was the first to report the board's decision. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 93 views
  • News

A contentious few weeks between Bellator and Tyson Nam took a more civil turn today when the tournament-based promotion declined to match an offer the bantamweight received in the wake of his knockout of champ Eduardo Dantas. "Bellator received the offer for Tyson Nam's next fight from a new promotional group (The World Series of Fighting), and we are not going to match that offer," the promotion stated. "We wish Tyson good luck as he moves forward." read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 264 views
  • News

UFC officials announced early Friday morning that Jon Jones will not meet Lyoto Machida as previously announced at UFC 152. Instead “Bones” will defend his light heavyweight title against another ex-champion in Vitor Belfort. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 2480 views
  • News

It looks like B.J. Penn will return to fighting, but it won't be against Josh Koscheck at least based on the date and timeline the UFC offered him a bout against the former TUF competitor. Retweet this Share on Facebook

  • 3 years ago
  • 110 views
  • News

A lingering hand injury that forced Jon Jones out of a planned UFC 133 matchup with Rashad Evans will not require surgery. Jones was scheduled to go under the knife on Thursday to repair ligament damage in his right hand, but a pre-op insepction revealed something initial testing had not: while the champ was certainly suffering from a painful injury, surgery was more of a choice than a requirement. While the decision to delay surgery until absolutely necessary means Jones will have read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>

Show results for:

Featured MMA Gear

More MMA Gear:

Jump to:

<< Previous PageNext Page >>