Results for: Year in news

  • 6 hours ago
  • 0 views
  • News

UFC middleweight Kevin Casey has been suspended for one year and fined $5,600 following a positive drug test at UFC 175. read news >>

  • 6 hours ago
  • 0 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS – UFC middleweight Kevin Casey was suspended for one year and fined $5,600 after failing a drug test at July’s UFC 175 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • 7 hours ago
  • 1 views
  • News

Representatives of the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) voted unanimously on Tuesday to sentence UFC middleweight Kevin Casey to a one-year suspension as a result of his failed drug test at UFC 175. Casey, 33, tested positive for the anabolic steroid drostanolone in a post-fight drug test following his 61-second TKO victory over Bubba Bush at the event, which took place July 5, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight was Casey's first inside the UFC following his April 2013 release from the promoti read news >>

  • 12 hours ago
  • 0 views
  • News

Lion Fight has signed 20-year-old Victor Saravia to an exclusive multi-fight deal. read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 0 views
  • News

In 2014, with the Nevada Athletic Commission banning the use of testosterone and the UFC enforcing stricter drug testing within its ranks, the sport of MMA has perceivably started to become a more even playing field. Perceivably, because the UFC is only now just beginning to ramp up the process of weeding out cheaters within the sport. As UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta recently told ESPN, Zuffa is currently interviewing companies to enact out-of-competition drug testing to the fighters under contract read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 1 views
  • News

Earlier this week, ONE FC confirmed its inaugural event on mainland China is set for the Beijing Olympic Centre Gymnasium on October 31, 2014, and it means that Asia's biggest MMA promotion will have been to eight different countries by the end of the year, including four completely new territories. After a slow start to 2014 with ONE FC holding just one event in the first four months, the schedule has been ramped up intensively with events in Jakarta, Taipei, Dubai, Phnom Penh, and Beijing adde read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 1 views
  • News

AXS TV will have a new addition for its near-weekly Friday-night MMA programming, officials recently announced.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

  • 3 days ago
  • 4 views
  • News

SAITAMA, Japan – UFC Vice President of International Business Development Joe Carr confirmed to MMAjunkie that the promotion expects to hold 3-4 events in Asia next year, but further plans are still up in the air. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • 4 days ago
  • 86 views
  • News

Wanderlei Silva will never fight again. More than a year after his last fight inside the Octagon, and still involved a controversy with the Nevada Athletic Commission, the former PRIDE champion has announced his retirement on YouTube. And he blames the UFC for his decision. "I am stepping down from the ring. After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again," he said. "My career is over. Because I don't have a stage to perform, where the athletes get the proper respect. For these reasons, I have read news >>

  • 4 days ago
  • 0 views
  • News

Every year the still-blossoming sport of mixed martial arts attracts flocks of new fans who fill arenas, balloon demand and entice promotions like the UFC to saturate the calender with events. And since the days of expecting a few major shows per month have long since passed (the UFC has already had 33 events in 2014), it's only natural that some fans only tend to remember the year's blockbusters. This countdown's not about all the marquee scraps that got the proper pre- and post-fight attention read news >>

  • 4 days ago
  • 16 views
  • News

Hong Man Choi's return to MMA may have been delayed recently, but the seven-foot-two South Korean is still considering fighting again. Choi was scheduled to fight Carlos Toyota on Sept. 12 at Revolution 2 in South Korea, however, he withdrew just hours before the fight due to a money issue with the promotion. According to a source close to Choi, he's still hopeful to resume his fighting career in the near future. The 33-year-old hasn't competed in MMA since his Oct. 2009 loss to Ikuhisa Minowa i read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>