Dan Miragliotta contends that most of the shots that hit Patrick Cote
just prior to a stoppage against Alessio Sakara were legal blows.
Three weren't, however, and the longtime referee said he issued two
verbal warnings before the third blow knocked Cote out and forced his
"As long as hand makes contact with the ear, it's a legal strike,"
Miragliotta told MMAjunkie.com. "If you miss the ear
and only hit the back of the head, it's illegal."
read news >>
Alessio Sakara’s appeal of his disqualification loss to Patrick Cote at UFC 154 on Nov. 17 in Montreal has been denied. read news >>
As "The Dominator" explains, preparing for a three-round fight as opposed to a five-round fight is an entirely different beast, something he learned the hard way earlier this year. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz will make his long-awaited return to the Octagon when he faces a red-hot Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 178 on Sept. 27, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada (details). A much-anticipated comeback nearly three years in the making, and one that has been delay read news >>
The UFC's decision to cancel UFC 176 left co-headliner Gegard Mousasi a little frustrated. Mousasi, who was scheduled to fight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles, took to Facebook to voice his displeasure with the way yesterday's news broke: On Wednesday, Mousasi's manager Nima Safapour explained his client's stance: "Zuffa reached out to us in advance shortly before the media became aware that the event was postponed," he said. "However, due to the time zone differences between Hol read news >>
Video: Lorenzo Fertitta (via YouTube) explains to FOX Sports why he had no other option but to postpone UFC 176, which was set to go down on Aug. 2, 2014, after Jose Aldo suffered a neck injury that forced him out of his title fight vs. Chad Mendes. read news >>
With the cancellation of UFC 176, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta explained the promotion’s decision – saying he doesn’t think it had anything to do with the UFC having too many fight cards scheduled.Filed under: Featured, MMA Rumors, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
- 2 months ago
- 22 views
VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Ali Bagautinov, who lost via unanimous decision to Demetrious Johnson in the UFC 174 main event Saturday night, discusses why he came up short, what he learned, and much more. read news >>
- 11 months ago
- 340 views
UFC president Dana White explains the decision to cut top-ten ranked middleweight Yushin Okami from the organization's roster. read news >>
- 11 months ago
- 800 views
RIO DE JANEIRO – In much the same way as veteran and former title challenger Jon Fitch before him, Yushin Okami had become a "gatekeeper" in the UFC, and it was time for him to go, Dana White said. read news >>
UFC heavyweight Daniel Cormier is unsure whether he will stay in the heavyweight division or cut down to 205 pounds, stating that it will be a team decision. read news >>
Patrick Cote's controversial UFC 154 disqualification victory over Alessio Sakara will stand.
On Friday, Quebec's La Regie des alcools des courses et des jeux (the
baord that governs combat sports in the province) declined to hear
Sakara's protest that referee Dan Miragliotta mishandled the bout, which
took place Nov. 17 at Montreal's Bell Centre.
French-language outlet LaPress.ca was the first to report the board's decision.
read news >>