Results for: Released in news

  • a day ago
  • 72 views
  • News

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) recently released an extended video preview for its upcoming UFC 185: "Pettis vs. Dos Anjos" pay-per-view (PPV) event, which is set to go down inside American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, on March 14, 2015. The stacked mixed martial arts (MMA) fight card will feature a lightweight championship bout between reigning division kingpin Anthony Pettis and bomb-dropping Brazilian powerhouse Rafael dos Anjos, both prominently featured in the embedded video pres read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 23 views
  • News

The UFC's massive stable of fighters shrunk slightly Tuesday when the promotion released eight fighters, including former WEC bantamweight champ Brian Bowles, per a report from Guilherme Cruz of MMA Fighting. Aside from Bowles, the other former UFC fighters who received their walking papers were: Stanislav Nedkov, Andy Ogle, Akira Corassani, Humberto Brown, Rodolfo Rubio, Juan Puig and Tim Gorman. Of the eight fighters who were cut, none seemed to make more sense for the UFC than Bowles. Not onl read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 23 views
  • News

UFC decided to thin the herd after releasing eight fighters from its active roster. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) roster has a few vacancies after the world's largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion decided to release eight fighters, according to a report from MMA Fighting. Chief among them is former World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) bantamweight champion Brian Bowles, who went 0-2 in his previous two outings inside the Octagon; losing to Urijah Faber at UFC 139 back in 2011 and the read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 185 views
  • News

Former WEC bantamweight champion Brian Bowles highlights the list of recent UFC cuts. Sources close to the situation told MMAFighting.com that the UFC has released Bowles, Stanislav Nedkov, Andy Ogle, Akira Corassani, Humberto Brown, Rodolfo Rubio, Juan Puig and Tim Gorman from their contracts. Bowles (10-3) tested positive for elevated testosterone levels in his last UFC bout, a TKO loss to George Roop in 2013, and leaves the promotion after going 2-2 inside the Octagon. Bowles, who shocked the read news >>

  • 3 days ago
  • 316 views
  • News

Check out the released payouts for the fighters who took part in this past weekend's UFC 184 in Los Angeles, California. Saturday night's UFC 184 event may not have been the promotion's most impressive PPV following the slew of injuries and fight cancellations that plagued it, but it still proved to be a lucrative event for several of the fighters involved. While the event's crowning jewel was women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, she did not top the disclosed payroll according to the figu read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 2 views
  • News

Anderson Silva released statement on Instagram. read news >>

  • 23 days ago
  • 0 views
  • News

The UFC organization released a statement today regarding UFC welterweight Hector Lombard: read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 3 views
  • News

In a video released Thursday, veteran Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight Michael Bisping said that the news of Anderson Silva's test failure for performance-enhancing drugs has tarnished his entire legacy. Silva, 39, failed a random January 9 test for the substances drostanolone and androsterone. The news was announced by the promotion on Tuesday evening. In a statement provided to Damon Martin of FoxSports.com from Silva's manager, Ed Soares, the fighter proclaimed his innocence and sa read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 66 views
  • News

MMA referee, Josh Rosenthal set to be released from federal custody next month, a year-and-a-half early from the original sentencing of 37 months confinement. In August of 2013, veteran MMA referee, Josh Rosenthal went to federal prison. He had been sentenced to serve 37 months of confinement , a little over a month earlier, when he plead guilty to conspiracy to manufacture, possession with intent to distribute, and distributing marijuana. It all started in April, 2012 when federal agents raided read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 19 views
  • News

The UFC has released a statement concerning Nick Diaz's recent positive post-fight test at UFC 183. "The UFC has been notified by the Nevada State Athletic Commission that Nick Diaz has tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on Jan. 31 in Las Vegas, Nev. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents by our athletes. As a result of his positive test, Diaz read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 36 views
  • News

The Nevada Athletic Commission released the UFC 183 medical suspensions on Tuesday. Miesha Tate is among the five fighters facing potential six-month suspensions. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 96 views
  • News

Check out the released payouts for the fighters who took part in this past weekend's UFC 183 in Las Vegas, Nevada. To no one's surprise, more than half of the UFC 183 payroll belonged to headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz. Silva earned $600,000 in show money and then pocketed an additional $200,000 for his win. Diaz, out of the sport for nearly 2 years, netted a cool $500,000 in his 4th consecutive UFC main event since returning to the promotion in 2011. The only other fighter from the week read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 2 views
  • News

The UFC released an official statement after filing a motion to transfer the hearing of the Antitrust lawsuit filed against them last December to Nevada. Last Friday, UFC parent company Zuffa, LLC filed a motion to transfer the Antitrust lawsuit filed against them from San Jose, California to Nevada. The UFC, which has its headquarters in Las Vegas, believe the proceedings would be "fair and logical" if the case was heard in Nevada. They also make the claim that Nevada has the "strongest connect read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 1 views
  • News

UFC middleweight Vitor Belfort released a statement explaining his reasons for declining an interim title fight against Lyoto Machida. One of the lingering storylines during fight week has been the fallout of the middleweight title picture following champion Chris Weidman's forced withdrawal from the main event against Vitor Belfort next month at UFC 184. On Saturday night, UFC President Dana White revealed that the former light-heavyweight champion declined an opportunity to face fellow former read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>