Results for: Receive in news

  • 9 days ago
  • 17 views
  • News

Alistair Overeem was finished in the first-round by Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night “Jacare vs. Mousasi 2,” his third loss of that manner in four fights. read news >>

  • 11 days ago
  • 72 views
  • News

According to head trainer Firas Zahabi, longtime UFC welterweight champion and pound-for-pound great Georges St-Pierre will be cleared to fight this fall. In a recent interview with ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto, Zahabi said GSP has resumed "gymnastics training" just six months after undergoing surgery in March to repair a torn left ACL. Additionally, Zahabi said he expects GSP to be medically cleared to fight in October, almost exactly nine months from the date of the surgery. GSP previously tore hi read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 56 views
  • News

Renan Barao's failure to make weight for today's UFC 177 weigh-ins not only has cost him tomorrow's title shot, but he will not be granted an immediate shot when he returns. In the span of 3 months, Renan Barao has gone from undisputed bantamweight champion, to title challenger, and now he will have to work his way back towards the top to receive another one. After Barao was forced off of UFC 177 when he passed out trying to cut weight, UFC president Dana White made it clear to the media that he read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 4 views
  • News

Michael Bisping said Cung Le would be his first step back towards middleweight title contention, and it was pretty memorable step. Not only did the 35-year old Brit leave Le in a battered state, but he took home some extra pocket change as well. Bisping was awarded one of four Performance of the Night bonuses for his fight with Le in Macau at UFC Fight Night 48. He took home an addition $50,000. Bisping methodically picked apart the 42-year old Le, mixing up his striking with kicks and combinati read news >>

  • 30 days ago
  • 3 views
  • News

Following failed drug tests at UFC 175 and The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale, respectively, Kevin Casey and Robert Drysdale received temporary suspensions at a Nevada State Athletic Commission meeting today in Las Vegas.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 93 views
  • News

Wednesday’s Nevada Athletic Commission hearing saw Vitor Belfort receive a conditional license to fight in Las Vegas. The UFC wasted no time booking his next bout. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 2 views
  • News

Athletic commissions strapped for funds to drug test athletes could receive help from the Association of Boxing Commissions, according to a new proposal drafted for the organization’s 2014 conference.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 84 views
  • News

The anticipation to see Holly Holm compete inside the Octagon has been brewing for quite some time. The boxing champion-turned-mixed martial artist potentially signing with the UFC has been a hot topic over the past year, and last Thursday, the waiting game came to an end as the Albuquerque native officially inked a deal with the biggest promotion in MMA. UFC President Dana White broke the news via his Twitter account, as he posted a picture of Holm's signed contract, which instantly sparked spe read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 22 views
  • News

Wanderlei Silva has yet to receive the green light from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but the former Pride champ says he’s “totally clean and cleared to fight as soon as possible.” A little over a month has passed since Silva bailed on a random drug test administered by the NSAC. The shocking deed from the Brazilian legend forced the UFC to remove him from his highly anticipated grudge match with Chael Sonnen at UFC 175. Nearly a year’s worth of hype and promotion came tumbling down righ read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 32 views
  • News

The UFC 176 main event between featherweight champion Jose Aldo and challenger Chad Mendes is expected to be rescheduled for mid-October, as per Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports. However, if Aldo still isn't fully healed and ready to roll by then, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said somebody else might step up to fight Mendes for the chance at an interim featherweight strap. MMA Fighting's Shaun Al-Shatti relayed Fertitta's news, tweeting: Looking at the top five of the UFC's 145-pound division, this makes read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 57 views
  • News

According to UFC President Dana White, Chad Mendes can still receive his rematch with featherweight champion Jose Aldo, he just won't get it on Aug. 2 at UFC 176 as originally scheduled. MMA Junkie's Steven Marrocco reported that White remains willing to reschedule the rematch, and the UFC president is not yet looking for a replacement for the injured champion. “Aldo is going to be out 45 days – the Mendes/Aldo fight can still happen," White said. After Frankie Edgar's lopsided TKO victory over read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>