Results for: Rebney in news

  • 13 days ago
  • 5 views
  • News

Bellator MMA commentator Sean Wheelock has a busy week ahead with "Tito vs. Bonnar" taking place Sat., Nov. 15 at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego. In between his duties calling professional women's soccer and mixed martial arts (MMA), we managed to catch up with him for a chat about this weekend's loaded card, the perceived competition with UFC and World Series of Fighting (WSOF), and how Scott Coker's philosophy differs from Bjorn Rebney. Bellator 131 "Tito vs. Bonnar" takes place th read news >>

  • 16 days ago
  • 2 views
  • News

SAN DIEGO -- MMA Fighting's E. Casey Leydon recently caught up with Muhammed Lawal during the recent Bellator media day. The former Strikeforce champion discussed Cung Le, the difference with Scott Coker as head of Bellator, and much more. read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 3 views
  • News

And "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy," for one, was happy to see Scott Coker replace him as head cheese. "I was so happy. I was real calm. Bjorn Rebney just made empty promises. He promised so much and he never followed through at all. I'm not going into detail, [but it was] things I had battle for in my contract. He says 'no, we're not going to do that.' [I said] 'it's in my contract, you have to.' It came down to the last two weeks before fight and then he finally came through, he had no choice. read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 8 views
  • News

Given that Bjorn Rebney brought former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz out of retirement, one might assume the former UFC light heavyweight champion was disappointed to see the company's former CEO get shown the door. One would be wrong. On Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, Ortiz said that he was as happy as anyone else when he heard the news Rebney had been shown the door and Strikeforce founder Scott Coker was tapped to take his place. "I was so happy," Ortiz said. "I was real calm. read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 1 views
  • News

When Scott Coker took the reins at Bellator MMA, it was no secret that changes were on the horizon. The promotional renovations would, of course, include the fighters, but the overhaul also affected people on the other side of the organization. read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 1 views
  • News

Muhammed Lawal was one of the most memorable players involved in Bellator’s first-ever pay-per-view venture this past May. read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 6 views
  • News

Muhammed Lawal was one of the most memorable players involved in Bellator’s first-ever pay-per-view venture this past May. read news >>

  • 3 months ago
  • 32 views
  • News

"Killa B" reveals he was on the brink of retiring from mixed martial arts (MMA) because the former head cheese over at Bellator MMA insisted on playing "weird games" with its talent. Ben Saunders made an immediate impact in his return to the Octagon this past weekend (Sat., Aug. 23, 2014) in Tulsa, Oklahoma, by submitting Chris Weatherly in the very first round at UFC Fight Night 49 (results). For Saunders, his return to the Octagon was something he was looking forward to since he was cut by Ult read news >>

  • 3 months ago
  • 4 views
  • News

In the two months since Scott Coker displaced Bjorn Rebney as the President of Bellator MMA, the former Strikeforce boss hasn't exactly been shy about reuniting with some acquaintances from his earlier days. Coker, a promoter who's always held the entertainment side of the sport in high regard, moved quickly to ink deals with old Strikeforce fan-favorites Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef, plus secure the services of former Strikeforce matchmaker Rich Chou. And when asked on Monday's edition of The read news >>

  • 3 months ago
  • 3 views
  • News

A new day has dawned for Bellator. Bjorn Rebney, its founder and CEO, is out. Scott Coker, former Strikeforce head honcho, is in. With Coker comes a complete overhaul of Bellator's schedule and show structure. Tournaments, more or less, are a thing of the past. While the idea of a pure sport format applied to mixed martial arts was an excellent concept, the unwieldiness came at the expense of both the promotion's fighters and the fans' enjoyment. Now, though, fans can look forward Bellator's top read news >>

  • 3 months ago
  • 30 views
  • News

Nate Diaz's manager Mike Kogan had some harsh words for Bellator's former CEO Bjorn Rebney. It has been over a month since Bjorn Rebney resigned from his position as Bellator CEO and there is at least one person out there who is all too pleased with the decision. Mike Kogan, the now infamous manager of Nate Diaz, was not shy to publicly address his blatant disdain for Rebney, claiming in an interview with Submission Radio that he "left kind of a really dark foot print on Bellator. Not just with read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>

Show results for:

Jump to:

<< Previous PageNext Page >>