Results for: Press release announces Nick Diaz box Jeff Lacy manager says GSP fight still possible in news

  • 3 years ago
  • 416 views
  • News

At first glance, it appears boxing has won the battle for Nick Diaz's heart. A press release issued today announced that the Strikeforce welterweight champion has signed to fight former IBF champion Jeff Lacy in the fall of this year. Yet Diaz's representative today told MMAjunkie.com that the fighter is willing to forgo a trip to the ring in the event that a fight materializes with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 338 views
  • News

Nick Diaz's proposed boxing match with Jeff Lacy has officially been called off lending more evidence that the Strikeforce welterweight champion will soon venture back to the UFC for a bout against Georges St-Pierre.  Read More >> read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 211 views
  • News

The time is ticking away on a potential fight between Nick Diaz and Georges St-Pierre, because it appears Diaz is ready to sign on to face former middleweight champion Jeff Lacy in a boxing match.  Read More >> read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 185 views
  • News

Just days after Nick Diaz's manager told MMAjunkie.com that the Strikeforce champion is eyeing a boxing match with Jeff Lacy, the veteran pugilist has answered the challenge. In fact, according to statements released by his camp, Lacy is interested in "heading to his turf and [putting] my fist in his mouth and silencing him." Cesar Gracie, Diaz's manager, told MMAjunkie.com this past week that his fighter had set his sights on Lacy, a former IBF super-middleweight champion, after a potenti read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 241 views
  • News

It would come as no surprise to most MMA fans that Nick Diaz thinks Georges St-Pierre is scared to fight Anderson Silva. The bad blood there is old news. Filed under: Featured, MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

  • 4 days ago
  • 3 views
  • News

According to Nick Diaz, the reason why the oft-talked-about superfight between Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva never took place was simply because St-Pierre was afraid. The former Strikeforce welterweight champ wasn’t too happy about St-Pierre’s recent comments regarding his upcoming middleweight bout with Silva on January 31. During an appearance on Chael Sonnen’s You’re Welcome podcast, St-Pierre claimed that Diaz “made a mistake” by accepting a fight with Silva at 185 pounds instead of a read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 135 views
  • News

Former longtime UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre thinks ex-Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz has dug his own grave by accepting to fight Anderson Silva at 185 pounds at UFC 183 in January. Speaking on the You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen podcast, "Rush" said that the Stockton bad boy made a huge tactical error by making his first trip to middleweight against Silva (h/t MMA Fighting). To tell you the truth, I would maybe favor Diaz if the fight had been at a catchweight. Because if it is a f read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 692 views
  • News

Georges St-Pierre is as qualified as anyone to comment on the highly anticipated UFC 183 main event between returning former longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva and his fellow returnee, former Strikeforce welterweight champ Nick Diaz. St-Pierre was Silva's contemporary for years atop the sport's pound-for-pound polls, and he fought Diaz, defeating him via decision at UFC 158. And while St-Pierre gives Diaz plenty of respect, he believes Stockton's most famous athlete made one mistake: read news >>

  • 5 months ago
  • 64 views
  • News

On Monday, Ed Soares, manager for the fighter many consider the greatest mixed martial artist of all-time, Anderson Silva, said that the injured fighter is on track to return in early 2015, and that a fight with Nick Diaz is something that would capture his attention. Wednesday, the sport's reclusive rebel returned the favor. According to Diaz, a fight with the former UFC middleweight champion is just the sort of thing that could get him to end his extended break from the sport. MMAFighting.com' read news >>

  • 5 months ago
  • 57 views
  • News

Anderson Silva's manager Ed Soares was Ariel Helwani's guest on the MMA Hour yesterday and he reeled off some possible opponents for Silva's anticipated UFC return. Soares even teased a possible 2014 return to action for the legendary ex-champ but said 2015 is more likely. read news >>

  • 5 months ago
  • 76 views
  • News

Take one glance at the Twitter timeline of former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and somewhere among the myriad of Instagram videos showing the sweat-drenched Brazilian hitting mitts and kicking heavy bags with his titanium-fortified left leg, it's easy to get a sense about Silva's current motivations, regardless of his recent 39th birthday. "He's definitely coming back," Silva's manager, Ed Soares, said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He's feeling good, he's training hard. Ever read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>