Results for: Official Georges StPierre vs Nick Diaz UFC 137 Oct 29 Las Vegas in news

  • 3 years ago
  • 215 views
  • News

Georges St-Pierre will face Nick Diaz in a UFC welterweight title fight at UFC 137 on October 29 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Read More >> read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 271 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - Carlos Condit has replaced Nick Diaz and now fights UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre at next month's UFC 137 event. At a press conference in Las Vegas, UFC president Dana White today announced the news, citing difficulties in getting Diaz to show up for scheduled media events this week. "He looked me right in my face and lied to me and told me he'd do [the promotional commitments]," said White, who played a video promoting Condit as Diaz's replacement. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 1448 views
  • News

The hurdles have apparently been cleared. Despite his recent insistence that a bout between current UFC champion Georges St-Pierre and Strikeforce title holder Nick Diaz was anything but a done deal, UFC president Dana White today announced the two welterweights will clash in the main event of the previously unannounced UFC 137 event. According to White, the contest will take place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 52 views
  • News

Super Bowl weekend just got a hell of a lot more super. Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz will make their long-awaited returns to the Octagon, as the two former champions have men been booked to face off against one another at UFC 183 on Jan. 31, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC.com broke the news earlier today (July 29, 2014). The super mega fight is scheduled to heading the Super Bowl weekend event, which means fight fans can potentially see them two talented fighters go at it for five rounds i na fi read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 220 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - UFC president Dana White held his annual Fan Expo question-and-answer session with the fans on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. As usual, the event was a mix of the serious, the less serious, and the absurd, ranging from detailed questions about the company's business to painful-to-watch attempts at business pitches. One thing the UFC boss did indicate, however, is that he could very well by on the same wavelength as the fans who want the much-discussed potential Ander read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 361 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - While former Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz certainly didn't have the best first round of his professional career on Saturday night, he rebounded over the final 10 minutes in an epic beatdown of MMA legend B.J. Penn. UFC president Dana White called the performance "awesome," and labeled both Diaz and Penn "warriors." It's everything Diaz could have hoped for in his octagon return and yet it sounds as if it was nothing that he wanted. In fact, at Saturday night's post-event pr read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 611 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - Nick Diaz, B.J. Penn, Bart Palaszewski and Donald Cerrone each earned $75,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 137 event. Palaszewski earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Cerrone picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Diaz and Penn took home "Fight of the Night" honors. MMAjunkie.com learned of the bonus winners and award amounts at UFC 137's post-fight press conference. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 1761 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - All Nick Diaz needed was the taste of blood. The former Strikeforce champion, who infamously cost himself a title shot with Georges St-Pierre when he skipped pre-event media commitments, instead took out his frustrations on B.J. Penn and battered the former UFC champ into the night's second career retirement. The fight headlined the pay-per-view main card of Saturday's UFC 137 event, which took place Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 449 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - Nick Diaz now says he regrets his decision to pass up a boxing contract for a return to the UFC. Three days before his UFC 137 headliner opposite B.J. Penn, Diaz said a trip to the square circle would have benefitted him more in the long term than the continuation of his MMA career. "If I had my chance to do it over again, I would have gone back to the boxing contract," the former Strikeforce champion said today. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 352 views
  • News

UFC President Dana White today confirmed a rumored bout between Nick Diaz and B.J. Penn at UFC 137. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 400 views
  • News

LAS VEGAS - Count UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre among those shocked by Nick Diaz's press conference no-shows. "I don't understand how someone can not show up to an opportunity like this," St-Pierre said during a Wednesday press conference at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center. "I just can't believe it. It's amazing. I don't know what to say. It's crazy." But now that the former Strikeforce champ has been yanked from a planned UFC 137 title shot, St-Pierre said he belie read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>