Results for: Gegard in news

  • 21 days ago
  • 26 views
  • News

And should the Brazilian secure his seventh straight win, fourth inside the Octagon, it would be pretty hard to deny him his wish. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight division is far from being short on top contenders eager to get their shot at dethroning reigning division champion Chris Weidman. Just look at the top 10, and maybe even one or two of the guys on the outside looking in. One of the leaders of the pack is Ronaldo Souza, a contender who plans on asking for a title s read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 33 views
  • News

Gegard Mousasi's manager says his client was in Holland when news broke that UFC 176 had been cancelled, and due to the nine-hour time difference in the U.S., he couldn't reach him to inform him of the news before it made its way online. Gegard Mousasi wasn't too pleased with the fact that he had to rely on social media to discover that his scheduled fight against Ronaldo Souza at UFC 176, which was set to go down on Aug. 2, 2014, was "postponed" due to the cancellation of UFC 176. "The Dreamcat read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 52 views
  • News

The UFC's decision to cancel UFC 176 left co-headliner Gegard Mousasi a little frustrated. Mousasi, who was scheduled to fight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles, took to Facebook to voice his displeasure with the way yesterday's news broke: On Wednesday, Mousasi's manager Nima Safapour explained his client's stance: "Zuffa reached out to us in advance shortly before the media became aware that the event was postponed," he said. "However, due to the time zone differences between Hol read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 36 views
  • News

Zach Makovsky vs. Jussier Formiga and "Jacare" Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi 2 are among several fights that have since been moved from UFC 176 to other cards. The loss of UFC 176 has proven to be the gain for other upcoming cards. About half of the original lineup has already been redistributed across several August and September cards, most notably the rematch between Ronaldo Souza and Gegard Mousasi, which will either headline or co-headline the UFC Fight Night in Connecticut. This is the current read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 44 views
  • News

Less than a day after the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the cancellation of UFC 176, five more of the event’s bouts have found new homes. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 219 views
  • News

The UFC 176 co-main event bout between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Gegard Mousasi, like several other bouts on the cancelled fight card, has already found a new home, as of Wednesday morning. read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 50 views
  • News

The fight between former Strikeforce champions Ronaldo Souza and Gegard Mousasi that originally was set for the co-main event of UFC 176 now will take place at UFC Fight Night 50. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 40 views
  • News

Poor guy is always the last to know... Gegard Mousasi had no idea his fight against Ronaldo Souza was no longer taking place in Los Angeles. That is, until he went on social media and discovered the promotion had "postponed" its UFC 176 pay-per-view (PPV) event. That means "The Dreamcatcher," by his own account, trained six weeks "for nothing," and took to his official Facebook page (via James Lynch) to put his employer on blast. Have a look: And the follow up (via Bloody Elbow): The good news i read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 36 views
  • News

Gegard Mousasi is the No. 7 ranked middleweight in the world. He's 35-4, he's coming off a huge win over Mark Munoz at UFC Fight Night 41 and he earned what appeared to be a No. 1 contender's bout against Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza at UFC 176. When that event got scrapped recently, one would think a distinguished fighter such as Mousasi would receive a phone call about the news. Maybe even a text would do. According to Mousasi, though, none of that happened. He learned his fight was canceled via soc read news >>

  • a month ago
  • 37 views
  • News

Gegard Mousasi was not pleased to find out about the UFC 176 cancellation through social media. Last night the UFC broke the news that UFC 176 was scrubbed from the calendar after failing to find a main event to replace Jose Aldo/Chad Mendes 2. Gegard Mousasi was scheduled to be the co-main event opposite fellow middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza, but that fight along with the rest of the card will be rescheduled across several different UFC shows. All of this was brand new to Mousasi, who pos read news >>

  • 2 months ago
  • 41 views
  • News

UFC middleweight Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza is certain that a win over Gegard Mousasi would undoubtedly secure a title shot. Ronaldo Souza is certain that a win over Gegard Mousasi in their upcoming rematch would secure him a title shot in the near future. "After this fight, there's no other option," Souza told MMAFighting.com. "Vitor (Belfort) is the next in line, no doubt about it, but he has issues with the commission and I honestly can't understand what's going on. He has yet to get a license to read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>

Show results for:

Jump to:

<< Previous PageNext Page >>