Results for: Fedor Topples Pedro Rizzo Leaves Talk Retirement Limbo in news

  • 2 years ago
  • 121 views
  • News

Fedor Emelianenko sent Pedro Rizzo crashing to the mat on Thursday, leaving talk of his retirement in limbo. Retweet this Share on Facebook • Email • StumbleUpon • Reddit • Digg • Technorat read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 133 views
  • News

Shortly after defeating Pedro Rizzo, Fedor Emelianenko spoke with HDNet's Ron Kruck, confirming and explaining his retirement. Retweet this Share on Facebook • Email • StumbleUpon • Reddit • Dig read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 255 views
  • News

If this was the end, what a fitting end it was. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 152 views
  • News

Maybe talk of his demise was a bit premature. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 1334 views
  • News

One of the greatest mixed martial artists in the history of the sport is hanging up his gloves. HDNet's Ron Kruck on Thursday confirmed Fedor Emelianenko is retiring following a knockout of Pedro Rizzo at "M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rizzo," which took place Thursday at Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. The 35-year-old Emelianenko leaves the sport with an overall 34-4 record in 12 years of professional competition. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 216 views
  • News

It took fewer than 90 seconds for Fedor Emelianenko to dispatch Pedro Rizzo in what might be the last stop on his retirement tour. The former PRIDE heavyweight champion earned a first-round knockout to cap a brief night of fights at "M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rizzo," which took place Thursday at Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. Additionally, Kenny Garner unified the M-1 Global heavyweight title with a third-round TKO victory over Guram Gugenishvili. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 387 views
  • News

Both Fedor Emelianenko and Pedro Rizzo made weight at the M-1 Global “Fedor vs. Rizzo” weigh-ins on Wednesday. Emelianenko checked in at 235.9 pounds, while Rizzo tipped the scales at 244 ahead of their titular heavyweight headliner, which takes place Thursday at the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 1570 views
  • News

The long and illustrious career of Fedor Emelianenko reportedly will come to a close in just a month. The 35-year-old fighter told Russian television outlet isport.ua his recently announced June 21 fight with Pedro Rizzo will be the final one before his retirement. The former PRIDE champion and recent Strikeforce fighter said the time was right. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 846 views
  • News

Fedor Emelianenko talks about his upcoming fight with Pedro Rizzo and the differences between M-1 and other promotions, such as the UFC. Retweet this Share on Facebook • Email • StumbleUpon • Reddit &b read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 134 views
  • News

It was already announced that Fedor Emelianenko’s next fight would be June 21 in Russia, but now the former heavyweight kingpin has an opponent. Retweet this Share on Facebook • Email • StumbleUpon &bull read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 189 views
  • News

Fedor Emelianenko will square off with Pedro Rizzo on June 21 at the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. read news >>

  • 2 years ago
  • 209 views
  • News

Fedor Emelianenko has his next opponent. The longtime PRIDE champion will meet former UFC heavyweight-title challenger Pedro Rizzo on June 21, M-1 official Evgeni Kogan today announced via Twitter. Fighters such as Bobby Lashley and Rolles Gracie previously were rumored for the slot, but it'll instead go to 37-year-old Rizzo. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 238 views
  • News

Mike Brown can relate to Fedor Emelianenko right about now. With talk of the Russian's possible retirement on the tip of the tongue, Brown admitted today that he considered hanging it up after his most recent fight, a unanimous-decision defeat that brought face to face with back-to-back losses. But after a period of reflection, Brown decided that he wouldn't call it career. And now, he's getting after it once again when he fights Nam Phan at UFC 133. read news >>

  • 3 years ago
  • 1150 views
  • News

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Although the MMA legend hinted at retirement following a second-round TKO loss to Antonio Silva, Fedor Emelianenko's fighting career may not be over. Both Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker and Emelianenko's agent, M-1 Global president Vadim Finkelchtein, want the 34-year-old to continue. And Coker could dangle an intriguing opportunity should Emelianenko wish to continue fighting: first dibs on any alternate spots that open in the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix. read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>
<< Previous PageNext Page >>