Results for: Comments in news

• News

By now we've all (hopefully) seen the epic UFC 182 video trailer, which "reignites" the incredible beef between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion, Jon Jones, and No. 1-ranked title challenger, Daniel Cormier. It's amazing. With no exaggeration, their impromptu stage-exploding brawl that erupted while they were supposed to be promoting UFC 178 back in August (watch it here) was, indeed, "perfect," even if the punishment (see it here) and perception cast on the promot read news >>

• News

From Yahoo Sports: Pettis heard all the comments about him being 'soft' and used it as motivation upon his return. read news >>

• News

UFC 181 is one of the most highly anticipated pay-per-views of the year, and the main event will feature defending welterweight champion Johny Hendricks squaring off against Robbie Lawler for the second time this year. Hendricks and Lawler fought in March for the vacant UFC Welterweight Championship, and Hendricks won the fight via unanimous decision, earning the Fight of the Night award in the process. Now fans are ready for the rematch. Here is the full fight card with predictions and the late read news >>

• News

Nonetheless, Bellator MMA's president expects the popular light heavyweight veteran to continue fighting inside his cage. Quinton Jackson recently recently tweeted that sometimes it's best to "stay with the devil you know," inferring that he may have made a mistake jumping ship to Bellator MMA after leaving Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) behind. So does that mean that the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion is headed back to the Octagon? Not so fast. According to Bellator MMA president, read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

Cris Cyborg responds to Ronda Rousey's comments about wanting to "try to kill her with my bare hands" and answers a few questions about her recovery and time off. Monday afternoon, immediately following the UFC's presser, Ronda Rousey unleashed enough verbal poison on Cris Justino to kill off a small village in an interview with Bleacher Report. Her comments were mainly directed at her suspicions as to why Cyborg pulled out of her fight, and how it is her responsibility to "put her away." To add read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

UFC President Dana White has clarified recent comments that he could strip UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez of his belt, but the titleholder said he “doesn’t care” about the strap anyway.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

"It's been a couple weeks since it happened. My neck was kind of hurting and I kind of started taking it easy thinking it just needed a little bit of massage... and finally I had no activity in my triceps, so we figured we probably should get an MRI and I had a herniated disc that was putting pressure on my nerves going down to the arm. It is a pretty big injury. I really didn't want to cancel the fight.... I got a steroid epidural injection and it's taken a lot of the swelling down already. The read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

Fabricio Werdum gets his long-awaited title opportunity in UFC 180 Saturday night against Mark Hunt, with the winner claiming the interim heavyweight belt and setting up a potential showdown with Cain Velasquez. Of course, the defending heavyweight champion was slated to face Werdum in the main event of this anticipated fight card before he pulled out due to a knee injury that could keep him out until at least March. Now, Hunt will get an opportunity to become champion that even the 40-year-old read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

"A few very nice officers came and spoke to me while I was on suicide watch, made me realize a few things, mostly that I called it quits too early. Never in my life have I been a quitter, and I know that my perseverance is the main quality which makes me appealing to fans ... and I'll be the first to say that I bitched out way too prematurely. I'm sorry to all of my loved ones and supporters, this order has just been hell on me. Everything was going so well and this shit just blindsided me." -- read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

Vice Sports published an article criticizing Joe Rogan's comments on transgender fighter Fallon Fox, the UFC commentator then responded to the 'biased bulls--t' article. Vice Sports writer Parker Marie Molloy recently published an article titled 'Heroes, Martyrs, and Myths: The Battle for the Rights of Transgender Athletes'. Among the situations discussed was MMA fighter Fallon Fox, and in it, Molloy blasts a 'washed up stand up comedian' in Joe Rogan for his comments about Fox having unfair adv read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

If you were one of the many mixed martial arts (MMA) fans sleeping on Al Iaquinta, it's time to wake up. In a battle of Ultimate Fighter (TUF) veterans, Iaquinta put the screws to Ross Pearson in the lightweight co-main event of UFC Fight Night 55, which took place last Friday night (Nov. 7, 2014) on UFC Fight Pass from inside the Allphones Arena in Sydney, Australia. Read our full recap and fight analysis here. "This is what I needed to do," Iaquinta told the media at the UFC Fight Night 55 pos read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

Kickboxing premier league GLORY is in Oklahoma this week for GLORY 18: RETURN TO GLORY. It takes place Friday night at the Grand Casino Resort in Shawnee, Oklahoma City. On the card is a World Lightweight Championship fight between Davit Kiria and challenger Robin van Roosmalen, plus a four-man Light-Heavyweight Contender Tournament which will produce a contender for Gokhan Saki's world title. Bloody Elbow is on location in Oklahoma and got some final words from the key players before the big sh read news >>

• a month ago
  • News

Fallon Fox explains the impact that comments from Joe Rogan have had on her career and life in an exclusive Bloody Elbow editorial. This is a guest editorial by Fallon Fox. It's been almost a year since Joe Rogan first went on his rant where he said some of the most awful things about yours truly. People have asked me why I never responded back then to what he said. The answer? The world was wrongfully caving in on me, many of his fans attacked my social media repeating much of the hurtful rheto read news >>

<< Previous PageNext Page >>