- 3 years ago
- 142 views
A proposal set for presentation at the Association of Boxing Commissions' annual meeting in July will provide guidelines for uniform amateur-MMA regulation across all jurisdictions.
Among the possible benefits of the proposal is the further vetting of
judges, according to the chairman of the ABC's MMA rules committee, New
Jersey State Athletic Control Board chief counsel Nick Lembo.
"If you first get a look at these judges in amateur fights and how they're progressing, that will improve read news >>
RIO DE JANEIRO – Judging by the chorus of boos raining down in HSBC Arena, the nearly 14,000 fans who saw Saturday night's Phil Davis vs. Lyoto Machida, matchup believe the wrong winner was announced. read news >>
In an interview today with MMAjunkie.com Radio about his octagon debut at UFC on FX 8, final Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold called his opponent, ex-UFC champ Vitor Belfort, "the main culprit right now for TRT." read news >>
ONE FC still has one key slot to fill, but its next fight card is official for Aug. 31.
Promotion officials have announced a 12-fight card for the event, which takes place at Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines. The card will be available as an online pay-per-view in North America.
Only an opponent for headliner Shinya Aoki has yet to be announced. In a statement, company officials said Aoki's opponent is "due to be announced shortly."
read news >>
- 3 years ago
- 513 views
A key lightweight bout between former WEC champion Anthony Pettis and fellow UFC contender Joe Lauzon is set for February's UFC 144 event.
Although reported as a possibility for UFC 143 in Las Vegas, it'll instead take place later in the month in Japan.
UFC officials announced the fight overnight.
read news >>
A look at the best tweets from the world of UFC. Follow @ufc, the list of official UFC accounts, and the list of UFC fighters to keep up with these guys and gals. read news >>
Anthony Pettis reached official baller status with the Christmas gifts he got his mom. read news >>
BARUERI, Brazil -- Erick Silva scored his fifth first-round win under the UFC banner, and he credits his deviated septum surgery. The Brazilian welterweight, who needed 75 seconds to put Mike Rhodes to sleep with an arm-triangle choke at UFC Fight Night 58 in Barueri, Brazil, on Dec. 20, told MMAFighting.com he had the best camp of his career after fixing a nose problem earlier this year. "I didn’t have time to show in the fight, but it was absolutely important during my training camp," Silva sa read news >>
The first trailer for next summer’s highly anticipated “Entourage” movie has been released by Warner Bros. Pictiures, and UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey isn’t the only UFC veteran to make an appearance.Filed under: (...) read news >>
MMA’s newest quantitative official analyzes Johny Hendricks’ title fights versus GSP and Robbie Lawler. Just how close were they? Welcome to a new series at Bloody Elbow. Regular readers have seen bits and pieces of RoboJudge before, but not with his new name - as dubbed by Rami Genauer of FightMetric - and not in a regular series. Since I receive monthly updates of FightMetric data, RoboJudge will be a monthly series reviewing the scoring of each and every UFC fight that goes to a decision. Bas read news >>
After all the questions surrounding Rampage Jackson re-signing with the UFC, the former light heavyweight champion issued a statement on Monday. read news >>
In the space of two years, former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson has aired his grievances against the UFC and Bellator, left both promotions and is still somehow an employee of each. The news of 'Rampage' leaving Bellator MMA and re-signing with the UFC was announced Saturday during FOX Sports' telecast of UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway. Following the event, Jackson briefly explained the situation in a call-in interview with studio hosts Jay Glazer, Kenny Florian and Gilbe read news >>
Rampage Jackson has released an official statement on his contract situation, citing a clause with 45-day window to satisfy any contract dispute with Bellator. Once it was announced that Quinton Jackson was returning to the UFC, Bellator head Scott Coker has stated that he plans to 'protect our contractual rights'. Rampage's contract situation is still likely to be contested by both parties, but the former UFC champion has since released an official statement about it on his website. Official st read news >>
The UFC made the formal announcement that Rampage Jackson is back in the promotion, but Bellator is planning to take the fight over Jackson's contract to court. As talked about earlier today, the UFC has brought back Quinton "Rampage" Jackson after an ugly separation a couple years ago. Jackson had been fighting for Bellator but has been vocally unhappy for the past several months and now has made the jump back. However, Bellator has made it quite clear that they feel that he is still under cont read news >>