Yuri Villefort has a lot he wants to share.

One of the welterweight division's top prospects, Villefort was supposed to make his Strikeforce debut alongside his older brother Danillo at Challengers 16 on June 24. However, injuries forced both brothers off of the event and forced the younger Villefort onto an operating table to repair his damaged left knee.

The fighter is documenting his recovery through a series of online video blogs, with a new episode appearing on his official website each week.

“People think that [MMA] is just about getting in there and fighting, but we're going to show people that there are a lot more things involved, like [managing your] stress and taking care of your family while training and dealing with injuries,” Villefort told Sherdog.com. “We'll have doctors talking about what happened with my injury. We have me doing the rehab, training and hopefully fighting some [in the videos].”

Villefort's initially suffered a minor injury to his anterior-cruciate ligament last year, but rather than undergo surgery at the time, he elected to continue training. Only weeks before his Strikeforce debut, the welterweight felt his knee give way, leaving him with surgery as his only option.

“I just did a little rehab and then started training again for this fight [on June 24]. I felt sometimes my knee was a little weak. In a sparring session, I twisted my knee, and the ACL was gone. So was the meniscus,” said Villefort, who will be sidelined for approximately three months.

“The surgery was a success. Everything went perfect. I had a great doctor, and he fully took care of me. The swelling is gone. Let's get ready, you know? Let's get ready to fight.”

As he educates fans on his recovery, Villefort also hopes to shed light on his family life and his relationship with his brother Danillo and their father, Brazilian vale tudo pioneer Francisco Silva.

“My family is all here to help me out and support me. A lot of people don't know about my family, but everybody respects my dad. He's a legend. He used to fight in the early '60s, training together with master Carlson [Gracie],” said Villefort. “My dad, he did everything for us. He helped us in the beginning, and he's really my inspiration. I never saw him fight; I just saw pictures. But when I go in the cage, I go in there to be like my dad.

“[My brother and I] are real cool. We know how to talk to each other, and we don't have any problems. We just like to push ourselves together and try to be the No. 1 family in MMA.”

As mentioned, Villefort is widely regarded as one of the welterweight divisions most promising up-and-comers. Though that distinction carries with it a great deal of weight, Villefort asserts that he is focused only on what lies in his future.

“I was shocked [at how highly people rated me]. I thought, 'Things are really going [places],' you know? But now, I don't feel that it's a good thing. Being the No. 1 prospect is not my goal. [My] short term goal is to be champion in Strikeforce. Then, we'll see how life goes on.”

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans Set for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy will return to the Octagon to welcome Rashad Evans to the middleweight division at UFC 205. read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

Heavyweight Prospects East and Blaydes Collide in Portland

Up and comers Cody East and Curtis Blaydes may have come up short in their Octagon debuts earlier this year, but on October 1 in Portland, Oregon, the two heavyweight prospects get a second chance read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Poirier vs. Johnson Card

The UFC lightweight division has a new title contender in Michael Johnson. It didn't take long for Johnson to show the world he means business in this division, knocking out Poirier after 95 seconds. read news >>

Goodbye Gridlock: UFC's Top 10 Middleweights All Fight in Next 2 Months

It’s hard to believe, but the UFC middleweight division has never really recovered from Anderson Silva losing his title back in 2013. Once a pillar of consistency during Silva’s near seven-year reign read news >>

Joe Rogan Asks UFC to Open Women's 145-Pound Division for Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

Joe Rogan isn't a fan of Cris Cyborg's difficult weight-cutting and wants the UFC to do something about it. read news >>

Joe Rogan speaks out, asks UFC to open up women’s featherweight division for 'Cyborg'

Longtime UFC commentator Joe Rogan hates hard weight cuts, so watching Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino get to 140 pounds – officially 141 – had to be hard for him.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg: The UFC’s Conundrum | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg is arguably the most dominant champion in MMA today, but the UFC doesn't have her division and no one is lining up to face her. read news >>

John Dodson vs. John Lineker: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Two former 125-pound contenders who never met in the flyweight division will now meet in the main event of UFC Fight Night 96 in the hopes of becoming title contenders at bantamweight. John Lineker m read news >>

Aldo's Retirement Could Be Catastrophic to a McGregor-Less Featherweight Division | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC There is no doubt that championship belts used to mean a lot more in the UFC. As the titles continue to change hands and Conor McGregor once again skips the queue of t read news >>