TOKYO -- Japanese entertainment management group J-Rock announced Monday that it will host a one-time MMA event called “Astra” dedicated to the retirement of J-Rock client Hidehiko Yoshida.

The show will be held at the 14,000-seat Nippon Budokan in Tokyo on April 25. Yoshida, a 1992 Olympic judo gold medalist and Japanese MMA superstar, will headline against a yet-to-be-determined opponent.

“As a long-time judo athlete, the Nippon Budokan is a very special venue for me,” Yoshida said. “There's something special about ending my career there.”

Yoshida indicated physical deterioration over the course of his nearly eight-year career as the impetus behind his retirement decision.

“I wanted to announce my retirement on New Year's Eve, but so many things were happening with Dynamite and Sengoku that I just couldn't do it then,” he said. “As I continued fighting, I was feeling sorry for the fans that came out and paid to see me, even though I could not physically perform at my very best to satisfy them.”

The card will also feature a host of Yoshida's pupils: UFC and Pride veteran Kazuhiro Nakamura, 2000 Sydney Games judo gold medalist Makoto Takimoto, standout featherweight Michihiro Omigawa and unbeaten prospect Tatsunao Nagakura.

J-Rock President and former World Victory Road Director Takahiro Kokuho stated that Astra would feature nine or 10 bouts and could include fighters from other promotions such as Dream or Strikeforce.

“There are so many fighters I'd like to fight against,” Yoshida said. “I don't know if my wish will come true, but my most interesting fight was against Wanderlei Silva. I know it wouldn't be possible now, but I'd like to have a retirement bout as exciting as that one was against whomever I do end up fighting.”

One of 2009's breakout fighters, Yoshida understudy Michihiro Omigawa tabbed WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and Dream featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes as the fighters he would most like to face.

Broadcast details for Astra were also tentative. Kokuho claimed to be working out a deal with Japanese premium cable network Skyperfect TV for a pay-per-view broadcast. Kokuho also said he is planning to broadcast the event internationally, but he could not comment on specifics.

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Announced: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Rafael Dos Anjos will face Tony Ferguson in a five-round lightweight clash in the headline bout of the UFC's event at Mexico City's Arena Ciudad de Mexico on Saturday, November 5. UFC Europe relayed read news >>

Ricardo Lamas vs. BJ Penn Announced for UFC Manila: Latest Details and Reaction

Ricardo Lamas will face BJ Penn in UFC Manila's headline fight, the UFC announced on Monday. UFC Asia tweeted the news: The featherweights will step into the Octagon on Saturday, October 15. More to read news >>

UFC Fighter Ricard Abreu Receives Two-Year Suspension for Steroid Use

USADA announced on Friday that UFC athlete Ricardo Abreu, of Albuquerque, N.M., has received a two-year sanction for an anti-doping policy violation. read news >>

Penn vs. Lamas Headlines Manila Event

UFC, the world’s premier MMA organization, has announced its main event for UFC FIGHT NIGHT Manila. This year’s card will be headlined by a five-round featherweight bout between returning read news >>

World Series of Fighting Hits Madison Square Garden on New Year’s Eve

World Series of Fighting announced that it will bring its championship fight series to Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve. read news >>

Invicta FC 19 Headlined by Two Title Fights, Including Maia vs. Modafferi

Invicta Fighting Championships announced on Wednesday its return to Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday, Sept. 23. read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett Available on Free to Air Television in Germany

UFC today announced that the upcoming UFC Fight Night 93: Alovski vs. Barnett will air on the free to air channel ProSieben MAXX. read news >>

Dan Henderson to Retire After UFC 204: Latest Comments and Reaction

UFC's Dan Henderson announced Friday that his fight against Michael Bisping at UFC 204 on Oct. 8 will be the final one of his career, via ESPN.com's Arash Markazi. Henderson is 32-14 in his career an read news >>

UFC Announces Return to Belfast, Lays Out Remainder of 2016 Schedule

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the remainder of its schedule for 2016 at Friday's UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 press conference in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 202 Fighter Bonuses: The Diaz-McGregor Rematch Earns Fight of the Night

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the winners of the fighter bonuses following Saturday's UFC 202 pay-per-view event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. read news >>