Lightweight Yosdenis Cedeno (9-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will welcome newcomer Leo Kuntz (17-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) to the promotion when they clash at UFC Fight Night 45.
UFC officials today announced the bout.
UFC Fight Night 45 takes place July 16 at Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, N.J. The bulk of the card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Cedeno vs. Kuntz is likely to be part of the prelims.
Cedeno, a 29-year-old Cuban, made his own UFC debut in February and suffered a split-decision defeat to Ernest Chavez. It snapped a six-fight winning streak for the fighter, who had primarily competed in the CFA promotion before signing with the UFC.
Kuntz, meanwhile, makes his UFC debut while riding a 15-fight unbeaten streak (14-0-1), which includes five straight victories in his native North Dakota. UFC fans may remember him from a short stint on “The Ultimate Fighter 16,” where he suffered an elimination-round loss to Sam Alvey. The fighter, who has 12 stoppages in 17 career wins, will fight for the first time in 2014.
The latest UFC Fight Night 45 lineup includes:
- Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller
- John Lineker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic
- Leonardo Mafra vs. Rick Story
- Pat Healy vs. Gleison Tibau
- Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
- Jim Alers vs. Lucas Martins
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Hugo Viana
- Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Leslie Smith
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Tina Lahdemaki
- Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Leo Kuntz
For more on UFC Fight Night 45, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Yosdenis Cedeno)
view original article >>