The following article was written by Kevin Iole and was originally published by official MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

Dana-White-UFC-144-pre-press-4SAN JOSE, Calif. – While promoting a card in Sweden earlier this month, UFC president Dana White made a stop in Dusseldorf, Germany, to undergo an experimental treatment to help him with his Meniere’s disease.

White underwent platelet-rich plasma therapy after receiving a tip from New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

Meniere’s is an inner ear disorder with symptoms that include vertigo. The symptoms, at their worst, could require White to lie quietly for many hours at a time, rendering him unable to work.

White underwent surgery in the United States last year and said the procedure didn’t help much. He was, however, enthused about the results from the PRP therapy.

“It was [expletive] amazing; just amazing,” a jovial White said Thursday at the HP Pavilion, where he is promoting a card on Saturday. “I’m done. I’m good. I’m still going to eat the way I’m supposed to eat and do what I’m supposed to do, but when I tell you that healed me, wow. Literally, I got the shot on a Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon. I had the shot at 3:30 in the afternoon in Germany. I flew home [to Las Vegas] and got home late Sunday night.

“I got up on Monday morning to fly to Stanford. I spoke at Stanford business school. I flew back and was in the office for a while and when I woke up on Tuesday, I felt like Superman. I almost flew to work.”

White has had persistent symptoms, more than 11 times a month. At one postfight news conference, he was so dizzy as he was standing that he tightly gripped the podium so he wouldn’t fall over.

The therapy removes platelets from the blood, which are then injected back into the area. White had a large needle mark still visible on his right arm.

He held up a 32-ounce bottle of water and said the nurse took three similarly sized bottles of his blood.

“The lady asked me, ‘Do you have problems with needles?’ ” White said. “And I’m like, ‘Nope. Don’t bother me at all.’ She sticks the needle in me and I’m like, ‘Oh my God. This lady doesn’t know what she’s doing. That hurt.’ I looked down and they had a Slurpee straw in my arm.”

White said the blood was spun and then several days later, he returned and doctors had a yellowish substance that they removed from the blood and injected into him.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, Pope John Paul II and actor George Clooney are among other celebrities to undergo the procedure.

White was told it works well for those who are suffering from Parkinson’s disease, so he called noted boxing trainer Freddie Roach and recommended it to him. Roach has a bad case of trauma-induced Parkinson’s.

White is now a huge booster.

“I haven’t felt this good in two years,” he said. “I was having attacks every single day. Every day. Some were worse than others, and it’s not like I was having attacks every day where I was down for nine hours, but I’d have to go lay down in my office for 15 minutes or something.

“I always felt dizzy. I never felt good. When I tried to work out, the music in the gym was killing me. The music was killing me. I’m working out like a maniac now. I’ve never felt so good in my life.”

Diego Ferreira accepts 17-month suspension from USADA following April failed drug test

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) today announced Diego Ferreira has accepted a sanction for his anti-doping policy violation.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ahead of UFC 207, champ Dominick Cruz tells story of how a canceled card changed his career

After a triumphant comeback earlier this year, UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz has already secured his spot among MMA’s all-time greats. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

'Cyborg' rep Ray Elbe claims flagged test due to prescription for 'post-fight therapy'

While UFC and U.S. Anti-Doping Agency officials have yet to reveal the substance or substances responsible for the flagging of Cristiane Justino's recent out-of-competition sample, a rep for "Cyborg" read news >>

Dana White Weighs In on Cris Cyborg Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

News broke on Thursday that Cris Cyborg had been flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. A short time later, Dana White chimed in. read news >>

'Cyborg' refusal to take 145-pound UFC fights 'not so strange now,' says Dana White

The UFC’s decision to leave Invicta FC champ Cristiane Justino out of the promotion’s first title fight at the newly-created women’s 145-pound division raised some eyebrows. UFC boss Dana White think read news >>

Dana White Confirms UFC 208 Headliner, Again Shoots Down McGregor vs. Mayweather (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White joined Good Day New York on Thursday, confirming the headliner for UFC 208 in Brooklyn. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor could face Khabib Nurmagomedov in first lightweight title defense

With UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor set to take some time away from the octagon to begin 2017, there hasn’t been much talk of who he could fight next following his title-winning knockout of read news >>

Is Conor McGregor the UFC's Top Pound-for-Pound Fighter? | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White recently said that Conor McGregor is the top pound-for-pound fighter. Do you agree? read news >>

Dana White Comments on Brock Lesnar's Future with UFC

The UFC suspended Brock Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 after it was revealed he failed two drug tests prior to his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200. It appears his time in the Octagon may be read news >>

Dana White not expecting another comeback by ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar

Never say never, but it appears Brock Lesnar’s career as a UFC fighter could be over once and for all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>