Stephanie EgginkAdmittedly, XFC 115-pound female fighter Stephanie “Snowflake” Eggink’s last performance for the promotion this past April against Brianna VanBuren was less than stellar, despite winning the fight.

“I was really unhappy with my performance,” said Eggink. “I was really sick and was holding it back while I was warming up and everything. The weight cut at that time was a little bit trickier and having that added stress made me sick and I didn’t perform well because of it.

“Brianna was tough and a lot stronger than I thought she’d be, but I was just able to out-skill her. I still got the win and most of that has to do with heart. I don’t lose easily.”

The fight was initially supposed to be Eggink versus Angela Magana, but Magana was forced out of the bout due to injury. With Eggink’s win, the two will now meet on Friday for the XFC 115-pound title, and it’s been nothing but bad blood between the two since the signing of their initial fight.

“I don’t know what she’s been saying because I’ve blocked her on Facebook, I’ve blocked her on Twitter, and I’ve blocked her friends who were all saying stuff about me,” said Eggink of Magana. “I already hate her. I have this deep desire to inflict pain upon her, so if I hear anything else… I don’t want to fight with anger. I want to fight intelligently. I don’t want to hate her any more than I already do.

“It’s all going to get settled in the cage and she’s going to wish that she never opened her mouth about me. I’m really stoked to beat her ass.”

Feelings aside, Eggink told MMAWeekly.com that she feels technically superior in addition to physically advantageous in the fight.

“I’m not going to back down from (Magana) at all,” said Eggink. “I’m definitely not afraid of her. I have no fear of her in any way or of anything she can do to me in this fight.

“There’s nowhere I don’t feel comfortable. I have a pretty extensive boxing background and I work with Shayna Baszler now, and before transitions were my biggest weakness, but now, it’s not at all. I feel comfortable everywhere. There’s nowhere I feel she’s going to be dominant.”

For Eggink, winning a title is fine, but it’s more so the fight at the moment she’s focused on.

“Right now, I’m just trying to look at it like a fight,” she said. “All I see is two extra rounds.

“I’m not really looking at what the potential is for if I win and what it means or whatever. Obviously there’s going to be a lot of doors opening in terms of everything, and that’s awesome, but that’s not necessarily what I’m thinking about right now.”

Once Sept. 6 is over, then it’s titles that will be on Eggink’s mind.

“Well, this will be my third fight for the XFC and I have two more for them, so I hope to defend the belt for those two times and go from there,” she said. “I’ve talked to (XFC president) John Prisco about fighting at 125 a couple of times, and I would be more than happy to hold the belt in the 115 and 125 weight classes.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cris Justino finally made her UFC debut on Saturday night, but don't expect a superfight with Ronda Rousey anytime soon. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

Can Stipe Miocic break the UFC heavyweight champ curse? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The Cleveland native opened up about his defining punch on Fabricio Werdum and why he wants to fight Jon Jones. read news >>

Can Stipe Miocic break the UFC heavyweight champ curse? (Yahoo Sports)

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>