Anthony Johnson at UFC Fight Night 24Though it’s been 10 months since he last fought, World Series of Fighting light heavyweight Anthony “Rumble” Johnson has been using his time off productively and feels right now he’s the best fighter he’s ever been.

“I’ve just been training throughout the year and doing whatever I need to do,” Johnson told MMAWeekly.com.

“I feel like I’m where I need to be right now. I still have a lot of improving to do and my coaches and teammates are doing as much as they can to help me and things are just falling into place.”

Even though he fought just once last year, a unanimous decision victory over Andrei Arlovski in March, Johnson was able to raise his current winning streak to five and feels the year ultimately proved productive.

“I have no complaints at all,” he said. “2013 was an amazing year and I’m going to make sure that 2014 is an amazing year.”

Having been with the WSOF since the promotion debuted in late 2012, Johnson was asked if he feels any pressure being one of the fighters most associated with the company and its success.

“It’s an honor to be one of the faces of the company if that’s what you want to call it,” said Johnson. “But I’m just me. I don’t feel like I’m the face of anything. I don’t put myself up there that high and think like I’m the man and all of that.

“They’re just using my image and having fun with it and getting people to fill up the arenas and stuff wherever we fight. I don’t feel like I’m anything special.”

Even if he feels like he’s just one of the fighters, Johnson (15-4) will once again be called upon as a co-main eventer for the WSOF on Saturday, Jan. 18, in Hollywood, Fla., when he meets a fighter he was supposed to face last year in Mike Kyle (20-10-1, 2 NC).

“I’ve just got to beat him up to the get win; it’s plain and simple,” said Johnson of Kyle. “He’s a tough fighter from a well-respected camp, but so am I, so we’ll see how it all works out.

“I’m excited to get it over with. I’m always willing to fight, but this is one fight I’m just ready for it to be done.”

Word has it that with a win over Kyle, Johnson will put himself into a 205-pound title match later this year, but that’s not the only thing that drives him.

“Everything is a motivation for me,” he said. “Of course, everybody wants a belt, but I’m just enjoying myself and whatever comes at me each fight is what’s supposed to happen. I’m not putting the apple cart ahead of the horse.

“I’m not going to say I’m going to get that belt, and that’s the ultimate goal, but I’m going to take it one step at a time, one fight at a time.”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC 202 Video: Anthony Johnson – Warrior Code

Anthony Johnson sits down to talk about why he fights, his fighting style, recent success, and plans for the future. read news >>

UFC 202 Primer: Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira will collide in the co-main event of UFC 202 for a light heavyweight tilt carrying strong title implications. Both men are rebounding from abortive title runs, Tei read news >>

Making Anthony Johnson: Humble Rumble

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is notorious for his fierce knockout power. He's also one of the most humble fighters in the sport and takes on Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 in the co-main event on August 20. read news >>

World Series of Fighting Hits Madison Square Garden on New Year’s Eve

World Series of Fighting announced that it will bring its championship fight series to Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve. read news >>

Anthony Johnson Video: Stop Talking About Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, I Have to Fight Glover

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has a big fight in front of him in the form of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. If it's all the same with you, he'd really like it if everyone would quit asking him abo read news >>

Glover Teixeira Focused on Anthony Johnson, Doesn’t Really Care About Jon Jones (UFC 202 Video)

Glover Teixeira could be lined up for a title fight is he gets past Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, but all everyone wants to talk about is Jon Jones. read news >>

The Question: Does Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Point to Divisional Woes?

UFC 202 is on Saturday, and if you haven’t looked closely, you might have missed the fact that there are other fights on the card aside from Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor. You can understand how that read news >>

Anthony Johnson Full UFC 202 Open Workout Scrum Video

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson answered questions from the media following the UFC 202 open workouts. Hear what he had to say about the Diaz and McGregor bottle-throwing altercation. read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

In a light heavyweight landscape without Jon Jones, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 contender to Daniel Cormier's throne. That's the statement Johnson went about proving in the co-mai read news >>

UFC 202 Results: Anthony Johnson Flattens Glover Teixeira in 13 Seconds

Top light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson made quick work of second ranked Glover Teixeira in the UFC 202 co-main event on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>