Four new preliminary bouts have been added to next month’s World Series of Fighting 7 event, and the night’s lineup is now complete with 11 fights.
World Series of Fighting officials today confirmed the addition of middleweights David Perron (5-2) vs. Matt Baker (9-4), welterweights Ryan Chiappe (10-8) vs. Marcus Vinicius (9-7), lightweights Jake MacDonald (3-0) vs. Myles Merola (10-7) and middleweights Micah Brakefield (3-1) vs. Brendan Kornberger (3-0).
“World Series of Fighting 7: Johnson vs. Kyle,” which sees Anthony Johnson meet Mike Kyle in the night’s headliner, takes place Dec. 7 at PNE Agrodome in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The four new matchups round out a seven-fight preliminary card that streams on MMAjunkie.com and precedes the night’s four-fight NBC Sports Network-televised main card.
“I absolutely can’t wait for this fight card,” World Series of Fighting President Ray Sefo stated. “We’ve got an incredible main card with Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle in the headliner, as well as a fantastic featherweight title fight with Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Lance Palmer. Now the team at World Series of Fighting Canada has done an incredible job of filling our preliminary card with top Canadian prospects who will look to make an impression on a global audience and perhaps find their way to a future World Series of Fighting main card. This should be a great night of fights.”
With the addition to the card, the full World Series of Fighting 7 lineup now includes:
- Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Lance Palmer – for inaugural WSOF featherweight title
- Elvis Mutapcic vs. Jesse Taylor – middleweight tournament semifinal
- Sabah Fadai vs. Nick Newell
- Dwayne Lewis vs. Kalib Starnes
- Shawn Albrecht vs. Josh Machan
- Michael Hill vs. Jordan Knippelberg
- Matt Baker vs. David Perron
- Ryan Chiappe vs. Marcus Vinicius
- Jake MacDonald vs. Myles Merola
- Micah Brakefield vs. Brendan Kornberger
For more on WSOF 7, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.
view original article >>