Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Alvarez vs. McGregor: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 205

Conor McGregor has the opportunity to send his already notorious legacy into orbit on Saturday, November 12, when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. The UFC featherweight champion will look to bec read news >>

UFC Lays Out 2017 First Quarter Schedule of Events | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC announced their 2017 schedule of events on Wednesday consisting of ten events taking place in six U.S. cities and in three different countries. read news >>

Woodley fine with proving people wrong, again

Tyron Woodley has been proving people wrong his whole career. Now he's the welterweight champ and is still an underdog and is ready to prove the doubters wrong yet again. read news >>

UFC 205's Tim Boetsch quietly registers his 20th career UFC fight

NEW YORK – Tim Boetsch has seen a lot during his decade-long career, and he’s thankful the majority of it has come in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 205's Belal Muhammad on career goals: 'I want to be a needle-mover'

NEW YORK – Belal Muhammad wants to be a fighter that goes down in the MMA history books. That’s why he adopted the nickname “Remember the Name,” and why he fights with a style he knows fans of the sp read news >>

Raquel Pennington giving pressure the boot ahead of UFC 205 fight with Miesha Tate

NEW YORK – Pressure? What pressure? If it exists for Raquel Pennington ahead of tonight’s historic UFC 205 card, she’s finding a way to send it packing.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Raquel Pennington Retires Miesha Tate at UFC New York (UFC 205 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Raquel Pennington won a unanimous decision and Miesha Tate called it a career. read news >>

Miesha Tate Retires from UFC: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

MMA fighter Miesha Tate announced her retirement from the UFC on Saturday evening. "It's not my time anymore," she announced, per SportsCenter, after losing a unanimous decision to Raquel Pennington  read news >>

Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Tyron Woodley isn't giving up the welterweight belt anytime soon. After The Chosen One secured the strap with a first-round knockout of Robbie Lawler in July, the 34-year-old defended his status as t read news >>

UFC 205: Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez video highlights

Conor McGregor famously announced he didn’t come to the UFC to take part, he came to take over. After crushing Eddie Alvarez to win his second belt in two weight classes, it appears the takeover is i read news >>