Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

UFC 200 Video: Amanda Nunes – All In

Before the biggest fight of her career against Miesha Tate at UFC 200, get an inside look at the life Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Jose Torres taking IMMAF success to the pros

Jose Torres's amateur career consisted of 25 consecutive wins and two world championship. Now he's finally in the pros and thus far his success is translating. read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 200

UFC 200 is a huge event on many levels, but Mark Hunt and Brock Lesnar will make it gigantic in the most literal sense when they step into the cage Saturday night in the main event, after the UFC rem read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 200

After years of playing second fiddle to Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate finally became the champion of the women's bantamweight division at UFC 196. Now, she'll look to use the grand stage of UFC 200 to ke read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 90 Fighter Bonuses: Eddie Alvarez Earns More Than Just the Belt

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the winners of the $50,000 fighter bonuses stemming from UFC Fight Night 90 during the event's post-fight press conference. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Earns 'Champion' Nickname with Career-Defining Comeback

When international fans struggle with her unwieldy last name, Joanna Jedrzejczyk likes to joke that we can just call her "Joanna Champion." In the wake of her stellar come-from-behind victory over Cl read news >>

UFC 200 Results: Julianna Pena Tops Cat Zingano in Featured Prelim

Julianna Pena picked up the biggest win of her UFC career on Saturday, beating Cat Zingano in the featured UFC 200 prelim fight at the T-Mobile in Las Vegas. read news >>

Michael Bisping to Face Dan Henderson in First Title Defense

UFC president Dana White announced on Saturday that middleweight champion Michael Bisping would face Dan Henderson in his first title defense. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson 2 Announced Following UFC 200

New UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is a very busy man, and his schedule just got even more crowded. Speaking to Fox Sports 1 on the UFC 200 post-fight show, UFC President Dana White announ read news >>