Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Announced: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Rafael Dos Anjos will face Tony Ferguson in a five-round lightweight clash in the headline bout of the UFC's event at Mexico City's Arena Ciudad de Mexico on Saturday, November 5. UFC Europe relayed read news >>

Holly Holm Injury: Updates on UFC Star's Recovery from Thumb Surgery

Nearly two weeks after losing to Valentina Shevchenko by unanimous decision, former UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm had to undergo surgery to repair a thumb injury. Continue for updates. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Plans to Wait for Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return

Fresh off the biggest win over her career over Miesha Tate at UFC 200 to capture the women's bantamweight title, Amanda Nunes is hoping for an even bigger fight in her first title defense. read news >>

RFA 42 Gets New Headliner

Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA) president Ed Soares announced on Friday that there has been a change at the top of RFA 42 read news >>

UFC's Epstein joins Board of Directors of the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition

The National Foundation on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition has announced Ike Lawrence Epstein, UFC Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, as their newest member to its Board of Di read news >>

Eddie Alvarez determined to make a difference as champ

Eddie Alvarez is already giving back to the Philadelphia community as he hopes to inspire young people and others to strive for their dreams. Alvarez won the UFC lightweight title against Rafael Dos read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Conor McGregor – The Takedown

In this episode of The Takedown, Conor McGregor sits down to discuss his confident mindset, career success, gift of gab, and bright future in the UFC. read news >>

UFC FIGHT PASS signs worldwide live-event deal with TKO MMA

UFC FIGHT PASS announced a worldwide deal with president of TALION Sports Entertainment Inc., and former TKO MMA promoter, Stephane Patry to add the newly resurrected Canadian mixed martial arts prom read news >>

John Lineker vs. John Dodson Headlines UFC Fight Night 96

John Lineker will face John Dodson at UFC Fight Night 96 on Oct. 1, officials announced on Saturday afternoon. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>