Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

UFN 62’s Jorge Oliveira tests positive for stanozolol, suspended for one year

The Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) announced earlier this week that all fighters who competed at the UFC Fight Night 62 event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on March 21, tested clean for bann read news >>

Nate Diaz pumps brakes on Matt Brown fight

Shortly after the UFC officially announced that Nate Diaz was set to fight Matt Brown at UFC 189 on July 11, Diaz took to Twitter to put a wrench in those plans. Nah I'm fighting Pettis — Nathan Diaz read news >>

Bellator 136's Dave Jansen on LW Champ Will Brooks: 'I See Holes in His Game'

The biggest fight of Dave Jansen's career awaits him Friday in the form of a Bellator lightweight title shot. Taking on current 155-pound champ Will Brooks at Bellator 136 in Irvine, California, Jans read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Matt Brown Announced for UFC 189: Latest Details and Reaction

A marquee MMA matchup will unfold at UFC 189 on July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas when Nate Diaz and Matt Brown tangle in the Octagon. Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight broke the news of the im read news >>

Iaquinta questions judge who scored bout for Masvidal: I knew Doug Crosby ‘wasn't giving me nothing’

UFC lightweight Al Iaquinta explains why he was disappointed to see judge Doug Crosby score his bout against Jorge Masvidal. read news >>

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Stefan Struve Fight Announced for UFC 190

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will return to action with a heavyweight bout against Stefan Struve at UFC 190. The organisation's news feed on Twitter provided confirmation: Minotauro hasn't won a fight si read news >>

Mirsad Bektic vs. Renato Carneiro official for UFC Fight Night 67 in Brazil

Two undefeated fighters will collide in Brazil. The UFC announced Tuesday that Bosnia’s Mirsad Bektic will take on Brazil’s Renato Carneiro in the preliminary portion of May 30’s UFC Fight Night 67 i read news >>

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Stefan Struve Set for UFC 190 in Brazil

Heavyweights Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Stefan Struve will meet at UFC 190, officials announced on Tuesday. read news >>

Renzo Gracie joins Todd Harris on commentary at WSOF 20

World Series of Fighting (WSOF) recently announced that MMA legend Renzo Gracie will be providing special guest color commentary for this weekend's WSOF 20: "Branch vs. Markes" card on April 10th. He read news >>