Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

Conor McGregor’s next fight will come against Eddie Alvarez on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York as part of UFC 205. UFC president Dana White confirmed the match will occur on Tuesday duri read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday morning that Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero will face off during the UFC 205 card at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. UFC vice president of public relations read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez: Top Takeaways from UFC 205 Press Conference

One day after the UFC announced Conor McGregor will challenge Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title in the main event of UFC 205, the two stars made their way to Madison Square Garden to discuss th read news >>

If Victorious, Conor McGregor Not Giving Up Either UFC Belt Voluntarily | MMAWeekly.com

If Conor McGregor wins a second belt in November, Dana White has said he'll then have give one up. McGregor doesn't plan on following that script. read news >>

'I wish to fight 'Cyborg' again before my career is over,' says a no-excuses Lina Lansberg

Less than three days after falling victim to yet another one of Cristiane Justino's thunderous performances, Lina Lansberg made no excuses for herself in an Instagram post, saying she wants to "rack read news >>

Watch Conor McGregor Burn Jeremy Stephens: 'Who the F*** is That Guy?' | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens has had a long career in the UFC with some memorable fights. Memorable to you and us, that is, but apparently not to Conor McGregor. read news >>

Marat Gafurov Rematches Narantungalag Jadambaa in Second 'ONE: Defending Honor' Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

A second title match was announced on Thursday for ONE: Defending Honor with featherweight champion Marat Gafurov set to rematch Narantungalag Jadambaa. read news >>

Conan O'Brien announces live that he's a part-owner of the UFC (Video)

Conan O'Brien announced live on his show that, thanks to the purchase by WME-IMG, he's a part-owner of the UFC. He also listed a tonof investors along with him.There has been no shortage of read news >>

Rashad Evans Breaks Down UFC Portland Headliner, John Dodson vs. John Lineker

Rashad Evans has accomplished a great deal in his UFC career, picking up the light heavyweight strap in the course of 20 fights with the promotion. The soon-to-be middleweight contender takes on Tim read news >>

With Matt Hughes in His Corner, Adam Osmoe Ready to Kick Career into Full Gear | MMAWeekly.com

With UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes in his corner and school behind him, Adam Osmoe is ready to kick his fight career into full gear. read news >>