Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Miesha Tate's first title defense won't come against Holly Holm. It won't come against Ronda Rousey. Instead, the UFC women's bantamweight champion will take on fourth-ranked competitor Amanda Nunes read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Julianna Pena cleared to resume UFC career following assault allegations

The UFC today announced it has completed an investigation into allegations of assault by women’s bantamweight Julianna Pena and reinstated “The Ultimate Fighter 18” winner, freeing her to resume her read news >>

Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver Enjoying a Life of Giving Back

Following an accomplished fight career, former UFC champion Jens Pulver is drawing on his struggles to help give back to others. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 Announced for UFC 200: Full Match Card, Reaction

After pulling Conor McGregor from the card, the UFC needed to do something drastic to ensure UFC 200 would live up to its status as one of the most highly anticipated pay-per-views of 2016. The compa read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2: Early Odds for UFC 200 Main Event

UFC officially announced Wednesday that the rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight championship is set to headline UFC 200 in July. The highly anticipated clash replac read news >>

Valor Fights’ Corey Browning Plans Busy Year

He may have started his pro career off slowly, but Corey Browning plans a busy 2016. He returns to the cage at Valor Fights 32 on Friday. read news >>

Jones, Cormier reignite feud after UFC 200 bout announced

The UFC made major news Wednesday as it announced Jones-Cormier 2 will headline UFC 200 in July, and neither Jon Jones nor Daniel Cormier wasted any time reigniting their feud while on a media tour i read news >>

UFC and Wrestling Canada Lutte Announce Partnership

UFC® today announced a new partnership agreement with Wrestling Canada Lutte to actively promote amateur and Olympic wrestling throughout Canada. read news >>

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>