By beating Hector Lombard at UFC 149, Tim Boetsch thinks he spoiled the UFC’s plans for the middleweight division. More specifically, he believes the UFC was going to give Lombard the next title shot if Lombard had beaten him.

“Honestly, I think they were going to,” Boetsch told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “In the pre-fight press conference, Dana [White] had said that he had all the answers for the middleweight division, that he was going to make the announcement Saturday night. I believe what happened is I threw a wrench into all of that, honestly.”

Boetsch edged Lombard via split decision, derailing the Cuban’s 20-fight win streak. The bout wasn’t particularly entertaining, but much of the blame for that has been pointed at Lombard for abandoning his typically aggressive style.

“It never really came in the fight, and that actually sort of threw me off a little bit,” Boetsch said. “Over the past couple months of training, I trained anticipating that bull rush forward. I’d worked on a lot of sidestepping and throwing off of his movement coming in, and it just never happened in the 15 minutes. It kind of had me thrown for a loop. I was anticipating that the whole time.”

With all the criticism leveled at Lombard, though, Boetsch may not be receiving his fair share of credit.

“I’m a bit baffled as to how I fly under the radar after these successful fights that I’m having, but if that’s the way it’s got to be, that’s fine by me,” he said. “Like I’ve said before, I’ll beat whoever they put in front of me and then eventually, if I can beat everybody they put in front of me, people will have to talk about me. I hope.”

After the fight, Boetsch expressed doubt that he would be getting the next shot at champion Anderson Silva. That doesn’t mean he thinks he’s not worthy, however.

“On paper, I think it’s hard to argue that anybody is really in front of me,” Boetsch said. “If you look at the last two guys that I’ve beaten, I think that’s a pretty good resume for a title shot. I’d like to see the argument for who I need to beat to actually be next in line or whoever they think is in front of me, whose credentials are better. Let’s do a little fighter math here and look at who they’ve beat that makes them more deserving. I think I’ve got to be close to the next guy in line.”

Boetsch is undefeated as a middleweight, having won all four of his fights in the division. Still, he vows to remain patient while waiting on his crack at the gold.

“I don’t feel disrespected,” he said. “I feel like you deserve what you earn, and if they don’t feel like I’ve earned that title shot yet, I’ll beat somebody else. I’ll beat whoever it takes to get there. Then I plan on getting that strap when it’s my turn.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:05:04).

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

Dhiego Lima Looking for a Knockout at Titan FC 39, a UFC Return in 2016

Dhiego Lima believes that a knockout at Titan FC 39 and another strong performance could put him back in the Octagon. read news >>

Joe Rogan Believes Ronda Rousey Thought She Was Special, And Fell Victim to Hollywood ‘Traps’

UFC commentator Joe Rogan believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey thought she was special and fell victim to Hollywood 'traps.' read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Talks Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz Before Eddie Alvarez UFC Fight

UFC Lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos thinks a future fight with Conor McGregor would be “easy money” for him. The Brazilian title-holder was speaking ahead of his upcoming bout with Eddie Alvare read news >>

Jason Sampson On Legacy FC 56 Opponent: ‘He’s One-Dimensional’

Jason Sampson believes his versatility will be a big key in picking up a victory when he takes on veteran Ryan Hollis on a main card 125-pound bout at Legacy FC 56. read news >>

Hisaki Kato Believes His MMA KO Power Will Transfer To Bellator 157 Kickboxing Bout

Hisaki Kato will make his return to Bellator on June 24 in St. Louis, Missouri, in a rematch of sorts against the fighter he last beat in the promotion, Joe Schilling. read news >>

Travis Browne believes he should get title shot if he beats Cain Velasquez (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Velasquez is a dangerous matchup for Browne, but he's came through as an underdog plenty of times before. read news >>