Anderson Silva UFC 126The future for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva isn’t terribly clear after his latest win at UFC 153.

It would appear Silva can write his own checks out of the UFC bank account at this point with his incredible winning streak, his devastating style, and continued success in pulling in both live crowds and pay-per-view sales.

Following his win over Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, Silva now sits with two fights remaining on his current UFC deal, and he’s bounced back and forth on what exactly comes next.

Silva has talked quite a bit about staying at middleweight or possibly a super fight at a catch weight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Right now, Silva isn’t sure what comes next although he doesn’t appear too interested in facing middleweight contender Chris Weidman in the near future.

“I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity of going for the title, I don’t have any intention of fighting with (Chris Weidman), I think he still has a lot to do in the UFC,” Silva said on Saturday.

“I’m in a comfortable position and I’m no longer a child, I’m 37-years old. He’s a kid, and he’s starting and this might happen, but I have two fights left in my contract and I think one of them will be with (Georges) St-Pierre, and I don’t really have the intention of fighting with him because I’m not a fool, I’m an oldie you know.”

All jokes aside, the middleweight division does seem on the brink of creating some valid new contenders to Silva’s title with Weidman facing Tim Boetsch in December, as well as British bad boy Michael Bisping lurking in the shadows as well.

One thing is for sure, even though Silva only has two fights remaining on his current contract, he’ll probably cash in for quite a chunk of change if he re-signs for more fights, and UFC President Dana White has every intention of making that lucrative offer very soon.

“Anderson Silva said he has two fights left contract but he’s going to fight for five more years. So it looks like we’ve got to renegotiate. I’d like to sign him up for 55 more fights, I’m in, I love it. I will be negotiating with Anderson and his crew very soon on a lot of different issues,” White stated.

There’s no telling how many fights Silva has left before he decides to call it a career, but if he sticks around, he’ll surely be walking away with one of the biggest paychecks in UFC history.

Dana White State of the UFC Video: Not for Sale, Anderson Silva Surgery, UFC 198, and More!

Dana White joined Colin Cowherd to breakdown all the fast moving UFC news, from the possible sale of the UFC, Anderson Silva's surgery, record crowds in Brazil, and more. read news >>

UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Odds, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-In Hype

Even with Anderson Silva's removal, UFC 198 is shaping up to be a massive show, and everything will build to Fabricio Werdum's UFC Heavyweight Championship defense against Stipe Miocic. Yahoo Sports' read news >>

UFC Sale Rumors: Would the UFC Improve Without Dana White and the Fertittas?

On Tuesday night, ESPN that the UFC is in advanced talks to sell the promotion, hiring investment bank Goldman Sachs to represent it in discussions with at least four groups that have bid on an acqui read news >>

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? Dana Isn’t Too Into That

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? No thanks, says Dana. Jay Glazer, though? All day long. read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on Anderson Silva’s Surgery and UFC 198 Withdrawal

UFC issues official statement on Anderson Silva surgery and removal from Saturday's UFC 198 fight card. read news >>

Dana White Hopes Ronda Rousey Returns This Year, but Sounds Uncertain

UFC president Dana White hopes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey returns to the cage this year, but the possibility is up in the air. read news >>

Gunnar Nelson Doesn’t Wrap His Hands Before Fights, Likes to ‘Get the Feel’

UFC welterweight contender Gunnar Nelson doesn't wrap his hands before fights and doesn't plan to start. read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

Dana White Comments on UFC Owners' Pursuit of Purchasing NFL Team

UFC President Dana White denied a Tuesday report from ESPN.com's Darren Rovell suggesting the promotion's majority owners, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta of Zuffa, are looking to sell the business, but h read news >>

Sid Wheeler Intent on First-Round KO at Valor Fights

Sid Wheeler planning a quick finish at Saturday' Valor Fights in Tennessee. read news >>