Anderson Silva UFC 126The future for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva isn’t terribly clear after his latest win at UFC 153.

It would appear Silva can write his own checks out of the UFC bank account at this point with his incredible winning streak, his devastating style, and continued success in pulling in both live crowds and pay-per-view sales.

Following his win over Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, Silva now sits with two fights remaining on his current UFC deal, and he’s bounced back and forth on what exactly comes next.

Silva has talked quite a bit about staying at middleweight or possibly a super fight at a catch weight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Right now, Silva isn’t sure what comes next although he doesn’t appear too interested in facing middleweight contender Chris Weidman in the near future.

“I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity of going for the title, I don’t have any intention of fighting with (Chris Weidman), I think he still has a lot to do in the UFC,” Silva said on Saturday.

“I’m in a comfortable position and I’m no longer a child, I’m 37-years old. He’s a kid, and he’s starting and this might happen, but I have two fights left in my contract and I think one of them will be with (Georges) St-Pierre, and I don’t really have the intention of fighting with him because I’m not a fool, I’m an oldie you know.”

All jokes aside, the middleweight division does seem on the brink of creating some valid new contenders to Silva’s title with Weidman facing Tim Boetsch in December, as well as British bad boy Michael Bisping lurking in the shadows as well.

One thing is for sure, even though Silva only has two fights remaining on his current contract, he’ll probably cash in for quite a chunk of change if he re-signs for more fights, and UFC President Dana White has every intention of making that lucrative offer very soon.

“Anderson Silva said he has two fights left contract but he’s going to fight for five more years. So it looks like we’ve got to renegotiate. I’d like to sign him up for 55 more fights, I’m in, I love it. I will be negotiating with Anderson and his crew very soon on a lot of different issues,” White stated.

There’s no telling how many fights Silva has left before he decides to call it a career, but if he sticks around, he’ll surely be walking away with one of the biggest paychecks in UFC history.

Dana White Says No More Conor McGregor Fights at Welterweight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says a trilogy fight between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz is unlikely and that McGregor needs to defend his 145-pound title. read news >>

On the Rise: Emerging talent to watch in Hidalgo

While the final two fights on Saturday’s event at the State Farm Arena are getting the lion’s share of the attention as Fight Night looms, there are a trio of talents competing earlier in the evening read news >>

Will Dana White Still Run the UFC in 5 Years? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White is under a five-year deal to remain with the company's new ownership. But what happens when the five years is up? read news >>

Daniel Cormier Irate if Jon Jones Fights Anthony Johnson with Interim Belt | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is not happy about the idea that Jon Jones could defend the interim title against Anthony Johnson in his return. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Tyron Woodley Defends Welterweight Title at UFC New York | MMAWeekly.com

Although he'd been angling for "big money" fights, welterweight champ Tyron Woodley will have to settle for putting his belt on the line at UFC New York. read news >>

Michael Johnson Wants Big Fights and Conor McGregor Money | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Johnson got back in the win column on Saturday with a first-round knockout of seventh-ranked Dustin Poirier in the UFC Hidalgo main event. read news >>

On the Rise: Brasilia Edition

The truth of Fight Night Brasilia is that it offers a deep collection of fights featuring several under-the-radar talents with legitimate upside that we strongly recommend you start following. This i read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we're going to examine some of these key fights to see who has the advantage going into Saturday night and if there might be an upset brewing on this latest card headed to read news >>

Dana White Denies Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White on Tuesday squashed dreams of a Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez UFC 205 headliner... or did he? read news >>