Anderson Silva UFC 126The future for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva isn’t terribly clear after his latest win at UFC 153.

It would appear Silva can write his own checks out of the UFC bank account at this point with his incredible winning streak, his devastating style, and continued success in pulling in both live crowds and pay-per-view sales.

Following his win over Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, Silva now sits with two fights remaining on his current UFC deal, and he’s bounced back and forth on what exactly comes next.

Silva has talked quite a bit about staying at middleweight or possibly a super fight at a catch weight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Right now, Silva isn’t sure what comes next although he doesn’t appear too interested in facing middleweight contender Chris Weidman in the near future.

“I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity of going for the title, I don’t have any intention of fighting with (Chris Weidman), I think he still has a lot to do in the UFC,” Silva said on Saturday.

“I’m in a comfortable position and I’m no longer a child, I’m 37-years old. He’s a kid, and he’s starting and this might happen, but I have two fights left in my contract and I think one of them will be with (Georges) St-Pierre, and I don’t really have the intention of fighting with him because I’m not a fool, I’m an oldie you know.”

All jokes aside, the middleweight division does seem on the brink of creating some valid new contenders to Silva’s title with Weidman facing Tim Boetsch in December, as well as British bad boy Michael Bisping lurking in the shadows as well.

One thing is for sure, even though Silva only has two fights remaining on his current contract, he’ll probably cash in for quite a chunk of change if he re-signs for more fights, and UFC President Dana White has every intention of making that lucrative offer very soon.

“Anderson Silva said he has two fights left contract but he’s going to fight for five more years. So it looks like we’ve got to renegotiate. I’d like to sign him up for 55 more fights, I’m in, I love it. I will be negotiating with Anderson and his crew very soon on a lot of different issues,” White stated.

There’s no telling how many fights Silva has left before he decides to call it a career, but if he sticks around, he’ll surely be walking away with one of the biggest paychecks in UFC history.

Dana White responds to rumors of Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre at UFC 206

Could Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre finally happen? read news >>

Dana White Comments on Potentially Signing Greg Hardy as UFC Fighter

On Wednesday, UFC President Dana White left open the possibility that former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy could one day appear in the UFC during an interview on FS1's Speak for Yourself, per MMA Figh read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva Apologizes, Dana White Accepts |

• 22 hours ago

Thank goodness we have TMZ to bring Anderson Silva and Dana White together, keeping the MMA world in harmony. read news >>

Dana White Shoots Down Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Rumor |

Dana White continues to doubt Georges St-Pierre's desire to return, shooting down rumors of a St-Pierre fight against Anderson Silva. read news >>

UFC Albany: Aljamain Sterling to Face Raphael Assuncao

UFC Albany added three fights over the weekend, with the most significant being a match between top bantamweights Aljamain Sterling and Raphael Assuncao.Perhaps lost in the shuffle with all the atten read news >>

The year so far: The best UFC photos from July's 6 cards and 5 title fights in 24 days

• 6 hours ago

Check out the 50 best photos from July and its whopping six cards: UFC Fight Night 90, the TUF 23 Finale and UFC 200, all in Las Vegas; UFC Fight Night 91 in Sioux Falls, S.D.; UFC on FOX 20 in Chica read news >>

Despite White's comments, Anthony Johnson never considered Jon Jones matchup realistic

• 3 hours ago

Anthony Johnson was as puzzled as anyone when UFC President Dana White said that instead of giving “Rumble” a title shot against light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in his next fight, he wanted read news >>

Thales Leites: If time comes for rematch with UFC champ Michael Bisping, I'll be ready

• an hour ago

Two fights before he knocked out Luke Rockhold to capture the UFC middleweight title, Michael Bisping had to survive a back-and-forth battle with Thales Leites, who wants one more crack at the now-ch read news >>