Anderson Silva UFC 126The future for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva isn’t terribly clear after his latest win at UFC 153.

It would appear Silva can write his own checks out of the UFC bank account at this point with his incredible winning streak, his devastating style, and continued success in pulling in both live crowds and pay-per-view sales.

Following his win over Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, Silva now sits with two fights remaining on his current UFC deal, and he’s bounced back and forth on what exactly comes next.

Silva has talked quite a bit about staying at middleweight or possibly a super fight at a catch weight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Right now, Silva isn’t sure what comes next although he doesn’t appear too interested in facing middleweight contender Chris Weidman in the near future.

“I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity of going for the title, I don’t have any intention of fighting with (Chris Weidman), I think he still has a lot to do in the UFC,” Silva said on Saturday.

“I’m in a comfortable position and I’m no longer a child, I’m 37-years old. He’s a kid, and he’s starting and this might happen, but I have two fights left in my contract and I think one of them will be with (Georges) St-Pierre, and I don’t really have the intention of fighting with him because I’m not a fool, I’m an oldie you know.”

All jokes aside, the middleweight division does seem on the brink of creating some valid new contenders to Silva’s title with Weidman facing Tim Boetsch in December, as well as British bad boy Michael Bisping lurking in the shadows as well.

One thing is for sure, even though Silva only has two fights remaining on his current contract, he’ll probably cash in for quite a chunk of change if he re-signs for more fights, and UFC President Dana White has every intention of making that lucrative offer very soon.

“Anderson Silva said he has two fights left contract but he’s going to fight for five more years. So it looks like we’ve got to renegotiate. I’d like to sign him up for 55 more fights, I’m in, I love it. I will be negotiating with Anderson and his crew very soon on a lot of different issues,” White stated.

There’s no telling how many fights Silva has left before he decides to call it a career, but if he sticks around, he’ll surely be walking away with one of the biggest paychecks in UFC history.

UFC 201 Fighter Bonuses: Jake Ellenberger, Other Main Carders, Take Top Honors

Jake Ellenberger led the charge as the top three fights at UFC 201 scooped up the $50,000 post-fight bonuses. read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold Believes an Anderson Silva Beatdown Puts Him Back at the Top

Luke Rockhold wants to get the UFC middleweight belt back, and he believes that a beatdown of Anderson Silva would put him right back in the thick of things. read news >>

Gerald Meerschaert Replaces Joe Riggs in Valor Fights 36 Main Event

With Joe Riggs forced out of his main event bout against Sidney Wheeler at Valor Fights 36 due to injury, Valor Fights has found a replacement. read news >>

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>

Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight Picked Up by Netflix

Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight was originally available on UFC Fight Pass and YouTube, but will soon be available on Netflix to its 83 million subscribers. read news >>

Sid Wheeler Not Rattled by Late-Notice Change for Valor Fights 36

Sid Wheeler was looking forward to fighting UFC vet Joe Riggs at Valor Fights 36, but a late-notice change of opponent won't shake him. read news >>

Tanner Saraceno Looks to Start a Winning Streak in Valor Fights Debut

After suffering a loss in his pro debut, Tanner Saraceno will look to pick up his second straight win when he makes his Valor Fights debut on Saturday. read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>