Matt Hobar - Legacy FCTo say that Legacy FC bantamweight prospect Matt “Crowbar” Hobar was disappointed with the results of his first bout against Steven Peterson would be an understatement.

After months of rescheduling issues, the two finally met this past August, but an unfortunate injury just prior to the end of the first round cost Hobar the match.

“Four minutes into the first round, he pressured into me and I threw a looping overhand left punch and it kind of landed on top of his shoulder and my elbow actually popped out of its socket and landed outside of the joint,” Hobar said to MMAWeekly.com.

Luckily Hobar’s dislocation was a clean one, and two months later he was ready to fight again, so Legacy signed the rematch for its most recent event on Dec. 14.

“The first fight I was planning on taking him down and beat him up from the top position and just control him on the ground,” said Hobar. “We kind of went into this fight a little bit, but after the first round I was winning the stand-up pretty heavily, so my coaches decided to change the plan and not go to the ground because every time we went there he would get extremely squirrely and hyperactive looking for arm bars and guillotines, so we didn’t want to risk getting caught.

“I knew my stand-up was way better than his, because he doesn’t have very good or proper technique standing-up. He throws for one-shot knockout punches and never really throws combos or anything like that, so I was pretty confident I could pick him off standing up.”

Hobar managed to control much of the fight standing and earned a majority decision.

For the normally ground-based Hobar, winning a fight without having to take it down is a big step forward for him in the evolution of his fight game.

“This is the first fight I stood all three rounds and banged with the guy,” said Hobar. “I’m a wrestler, so I’m always taking it to the ground and trying to get a submission or control the whole fight on the ground. I actually controlled the whole fight from my feet, so I’m very happy with that.”

The win gets Hobar back on track, and with a 6-1 record, possibly into title contention.

“I’d like to fight for the bantamweight championship for Legacy and if Mick (Maynard, MFC Promoter) found that appealing, that’d be great,” said Hobar. “I also know that you have to make those fights happen, so I’m going to take things one fight at a time and look for good match-ups that are entertaining that bring in the fans.”

(Photo courtesy of Matt Hobar)

Duane Ludwig doesn't regret recent comments about Team Alpha Male

CHICAGO -- Duane Ludwig talks about his recent comments regarding Team Alpha Male, what he meant by those comments, what makes Dillashaw special, the rematch against Barao and more. read news >>

Jose Aldo launches wild litigation spree, threatens to sue UFC and Chael Sonnen over recent rib roast

Reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo has been asking Chael Sonnen to STFU for several years and to the surprise of no one, "The American Gangster" has ign read news >>

Legacy FC 43 Results and Highlights: Six Fights, Six Finishes, and a New Champ

Legacy FC 43 took place on Friday in Hinckley, Minn., where Derrick Krantz defeated Brock Larson for the promotion's vacant welterweight championship. read news >>

Legacy FC 43 video highlights: Six fights, six finishes on main card

Once again, the fighters on a Legacy FC main card had highlight reels in mind on Friday night. Check out the video highlights from Legacy FC 43. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured, Featured Videos, read news >>

Legacy FC 43 results: Derrick Krantz captures welterweight title with KO of Brock Larson

Derrick Krantz captured the vacant Legacy FC welterweight championship with a crushing left hook in the third round of Brock Larson in the main event of Legacy FC 43.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Legacy FC 44 heads to Houston for Araujo vs. Morono

Legacy FC 44 will take the promotion back to Texas as the Houston Arena Theatre plays host to a card headlined by welterweights Valdir Araujo and Alex Morono.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

New Invicta champion Tonya Evinger found motivation in recent Dana White tweet: 'That pissed me off'

LAS VEGAS -- New Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger talks about beating Irene Aldana, finally becoming a champion, how she turned her career around, finding motivation from a Dana White t read news >>

Tonya Evinger Invicta FC 13 media day scrum

LAS VEGAS -- Tonya Evinger discusses recent comments by Sean Shelby, her motivation, why she would rather fight for Invicta than UFC, and more during Invicta FC 13 media day Tuesday. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez reacts to Gilbert Melendez's drug test failure: 'I understand why guys do stuff'

Eddie Alvarez got wind of Gilbert Melendez's recent drug test failure for exogenous testosterone, but it doesn't sound like the former Bellator champ is taking a very hard line stance on the issue. W read news >>

The UFC Cutting Room Floor: Hatsu Hioki and long goodbyes

Zane Simon goes in depth on the most recent UFC roster cuts, just who the fighters were, and whether or not we might expect them back soon. New to this episode, a look at the UFC signings from the mo read news >>