Paul Daley and Strikeforce have parted ways, according to a release from the British fighter’s representatives at Fight Management Limited.

According to the heavy-handed welterweight, Daley’s release was due in part to his desire to fight more frequently.

“I’m happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently,” Daley stated in a release. “My whole career, I’ve wanted to fight as often as possible, as it keeps me in the best form and condition.”

The news comes on the heels of Daley’s split-decision defeat to former Pride Fighting Championships talent Kazuo Misaki, who edged “Semtex” in a March 3 unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Tate vs. Rousey.”

Daley exits the organization following three consecutive losses for the Zuffa-owned promotion. The Team Rough House fighter earned his last Strikeforce victory in December 2010, when he demolished Scott Smith with a vicious left hook. Defeats to Nick Diaz, Tyron Woodley and Misaki would follow, though Daley did post a pair of victories over Jordan Radev and Luigi Fioravanti last year outside the six-sided Strikeforce cage. Known for his punching power, Daley has earned 20 of his 29 career wins by knockout.

“I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The knockouts of [Duane] Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back-and-forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz,” said Daley. “My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I’m looking forward to the next part in my journey.”

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

• 14 hours ago

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

• 14 hours ago

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Jose Aldo requests release from UFC 'after being fooled so many times'

• 13 hours ago

Fed up, Jose Aldo has requested his release from the UFCFight fans may never get a change to see longtime featherweight kingpin Jose Aldo step foot inside a UFC Octagon ever again.On Tuesday, in an i read news >>

Jose Aldo Asks for UFC Release, Threatens to Retire | MMAWeekly.com

• 13 hours ago

After what he sees as the latest broken promise, Jose Aldo says he is done with the UFC. He wants to be released. read news >>

Jose Aldo doubles down on request for UFC release, Max Holloway responds

• 11 hours ago

Jose Aldo is doubling down on his desire for his release from the UFC, much to the chagrin of featherweight top contender Max HollowayJose Aldo did more than enough to earn his rematch against Conor read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

• 2 hours ago

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Al Iaquinta Contract Dispute Nixes UFC New York Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Al Iaquinta had verbally agreed to fight at UFC New York, a fight he has wanted badly. Following a contract dispute, however, he is off the card. read news >>