Paul Daley and Strikeforce have parted ways, according to a release from the British fighter’s representatives at Fight Management Limited.

According to the heavy-handed welterweight, Daley’s release was due in part to his desire to fight more frequently.

“I’m happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently,” Daley stated in a release. “My whole career, I’ve wanted to fight as often as possible, as it keeps me in the best form and condition.”

The news comes on the heels of Daley’s split-decision defeat to former Pride Fighting Championships talent Kazuo Misaki, who edged “Semtex” in a March 3 unanimous decision at Strikeforce “Tate vs. Rousey.”

Daley exits the organization following three consecutive losses for the Zuffa-owned promotion. The Team Rough House fighter earned his last Strikeforce victory in December 2010, when he demolished Scott Smith with a vicious left hook. Defeats to Nick Diaz, Tyron Woodley and Misaki would follow, though Daley did post a pair of victories over Jordan Radev and Luigi Fioravanti last year outside the six-sided Strikeforce cage. Known for his punching power, Daley has earned 20 of his 29 career wins by knockout.

“I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The knockouts of [Duane] Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back-and-forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz,” said Daley. “My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I’m looking forward to the next part in my journey.”

Veteran Japanese fighter Tatsuya Kawajiri says he's asked for release from UFC contract

Although he didn’t lay out any specific reasons, you can Tatsuya Kawajiri to the list of fighters who have said they want out of the UFC. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC: Tatsuya Kawajiri Requests Release from Contract

UFC featherweightTatsuya Kawajiri has confirmed via Twitter that he has requested his release from the promotion.Kawajiri, who fought in his native Japan for the majority of his career, has also comp read news >>

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva leaves UFC after contract is not renewed

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva and the UFC are going their separate ways so what does his future look like now and where could his next fight be?After four years with the organization, the UFC and read news >>

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva Heads to Russia Following UFC Release |

• 23 hours ago

Former Elite XC Heavyweight champion Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva was released by the UFC last week and will fight in Russia on November 18. read news >>

Shane Carwin announces Rizin FF contract: On Dec. 29, it begins

• 8 hours ago

After speculation started by his own Twitter posts, Shane Carwin made it official with a post on Reddit. The former UFC interim heavyweight champion has signed a deal with Rizin FF.Filed under: News read news >>

Ralek Gracie signs with Bellator, plans to debut at Bellator 170 in January

• a day ago

After signing a Bellator contract, Ralek Gracie is planning to compete in MMA for the first time since May 2010.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Watch the first official promo for UFC 205 (Video)

The first official promo for UFC 205 was released during UFC Fight Night: Portland to get you even more excited about the card.What a difference one week can make. At one point, nobody knew who was g read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Derek Anderson slated for Bellator 163 in Connecticut

Paul Daley finally has an opponent for next month’s Bellator 163 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Derek Anderson Completes Bellator 163 Main Card |

A welterweight showdown pitting Paul “Semtex” Daley against Derek “The Barbaric” Anderson completes the Bellator 163 main card. read news >>