Welterweight John Howard Released from the UFC Following Loss at UFC on Versus 4


John Howard UFC 94

John Howard at UFC 94

John Howard is the latest casualty from recent losses in the UFC as the Massachusetts fighter has been released from the promotion.

Howard’s manager Malki Kawa of First Round Management confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.

Going 4-3 during his time with the UFC, Howard has been an exciting fighter with true fire power in his hands, picking up wins over names like Dennis Hallman and Daniel Roberts along the way.

Unfortunately, Howard fell on harder times during his last three fights that all resulted in defeats.

Howard went to battle in all three fights, but came up short in each. The UFC has decided to part ways with “Doomsday.”

Kawa stated that while Howard has been cut, he has been fielding offers for fights for the welterweight already, and hopes to have him back in action soon.

UPDATE:
Following the release of the story by MMAWeekly.com, Howard put out a statement on his Twitter account about the release stating:

“Only thing I can say is it is what it is. You get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. My plans right now is to go to Bellator or Dream, or something else, whoever makes me the best offer.”

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on Howard’s next fight when it becomes available


Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
Follow
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.


Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.


view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 18 days ago
  • 4 views

Lorenz Larkin started his MMA career as a light heavyweight. He dropped to middleweight in 2012, but has found mixed results. From all indications, a move down to the welterweight division is next.Fi read news >>

  • 7 days ago
  • 0 views

New information released on UFC welterweight Nick Diaz reveals that the ex-Strikeforce champion had been booked on a previous DUI charge several months ago. Earlier today it was reported that UFC wel read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 7 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has released Francis Carmont. From his official Facebook page: "I announce that after 6 win and 3 defeat, I am no longer a UFC fighter. However it is with determi read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem discusses his recent loss to Ben Rothwell and what he expects of himself over the coming months. read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 0 views

The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 5 views

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he'll never fight again without drug testing from a credible independent anti-doping organization. read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 13 views

Former longtime UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says fight fans shouldn't expect him to strap on the gloves again unless the world's premiere mixed martial arts organization institutes in read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 17 views

MACAU – UFC welterweight Tyron Woodley sees a common background in grappling when he talks about the similarities between himself and Dong Hyun Kim.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 10 views

Another Titan FC main event, another UFC veteran and BJJ black belt opponent and another easy victory for Mike Ricci. read news >>