UFC light-heavyweight competitor Wanderlei Silva is convinced that Chael Sonnen will return to the octagon once he finishes his suspension.

Although it would appear that Chael Sonnen's professional career as a Mixed Martial Artist is complete, Wanderlei Silva is still convinced that his longtime nemesis will still weasel his way back to the octagon once he competes his suspension.

"I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Wand told Submission Radio. "I hope this fight is gonna happen."

Sonnen initially failed a random drug test in February for Clomiphene and Anastrozole. When the results were released, Sonnen proclaimed that he required the banned substances to help kick start his natural testosterone production after going off Testosterone Replacement Therapy. This time around, he tested positive for Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO).

The three-time title challenger was handed a two-year suspension for those consecutive failed drug tests but was not forced to pay a monetary penalty.

Although Silva is also dealing with his own issues with Nevada State Athletic Commission, mainly that he avoided a random drug test, he suggested that Sonnen's positive drug tests were bad for the sport as a whole.

"Yeah this is bad for everyone, bad for him, bad for me, bad for the fans who want so much that fight. But I'm gonna (be) waiting for him."

While Silva is primarily interested in match-ups against Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, he has no issues facing another opponent such as Luke Barnatt in the meantime. He plans on competing for another few years, which theoretically gives him enough time to face all the opponents he is interested in. As long as he remains healthy, he will continue to step inside the octagon.

"I think that in the last two fights I made the two bonuses, the fight of the night and knockout of the night. You know I make my fights exciting and I'm really entertaining, and I'm still fighting good. And when the body's working good, I'll go. When I can't do it anymore, I'll try and do other things. Right now it's good for me."

Transcription taken from Submission Radio.

Glover Teixeira Believes UFC 205-Pound Landscape Makes Him a Contender

Considering the dearth of UFC light-heavyweight title contenders, Glover Teixeira believes his strong performance in Nashville returns him to contender status. read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg UFC Fight Will 'Never Happen,' Says Chael Sonnen

UFC fans have been begging for a fight between Ronda Rousey and Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino for years, but according to former light-heavyweight star Chael Sonnen, the proposed superfight is never goi read news >>

Chael Sonnen joins WSOF as color commentator

Retired UFC fighter Chael Sonnen will join Todd Harris at the broadcast booth for this month’s “WSOF 23: Gaethje vs. Palomino” and other upcoming events, the promotion announced Tuesday.Filed under: read news >>

Daniel Cormier believes he can win in standup or wrestling with Gustafsson

• a day ago

UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier see's many ways to win against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 192. When Daniel Cormier fought Anthony Johnson to take home the vacant light-heavyweight titl read news >>

Updated: 'Wandy' offers no evidence to support fixed-fight claims, faces lawsuit over comments

It’s no secret that Wanderlei Silva is not fond of the UFC or its management. The former PRIDE and UFC star has been lashing out at UFC officials since running out of a gym to avoid a NSAC drug test read news >>

Ortiz says Cyborg agreed to make weight but Rousey ‘doesn’t want to fight her’

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz answered several questions regarding Cris Cyborg and Ronda Rousey on a Periscope Q&A session. Even though UFC President Dana White referred him to as read news >>

Brazilian commission releases statement on controversial Jose Aldo drug-test collection

The Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) believes it acted in an ethical and appropriate way while collecting a urine sample from Jose Aldo in June. In a statement released Tuesday, CABMMA COO read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz sides with Wanderlei Silva, insists UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin was 'fixed'

"Wanderlei (Silva) talking about fixed fights. I dunno, I agree with him because I kick Forrest (Griffin's) ass the third time we fought. I knocked him down three times, I took him down four times, I read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier doesn't see Glover Teixeira as threat: 'What's he going to do?'

Glover Teixeira believes his UFC Fight Night 73 victory over Ovince Saint Preux entered his name in the UFC light heavyweight title contender discussion. Champion Daniel Cormier isn’t buying it.Filed read news >>

Trading Shots: Is it time again to debate the merits of a fighters union?

In this week’s Trading Shots, retired UFC and WEC fighter Danny Downes joins MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes for a look at the latest effort to unionize UFC fighters, as well as the UFC’s response.Fi read news >>