Wanderlei Silva: Vitor Belfort Needs to Finish Michael Bisping Within Two Rounds



Although Wanderlei Silva has a longstanding rivalry with Vitor Belfort, he believes “The Phenom” can beat Michael Bisping at UFC on FX 7 on Jan. 19. In an exclusive interview with PVT, “The Axe Murderer” said he sees the Brazilian having the advantage in the first two rounds, but he also believes that Bisping can dominate over the course of an extended fight.

"It is a very well-matched fight. I think Belfort has all the tools to knock out Bisping in a two-round fight. If it goes three to five rounds, I think Bisping swallows Vitor. One of the things about Vitor is that he is very fast – he lands a lot of blows in succession, so he may get tired. And the Englishman talks a lot, but he also trains a lot, so he will be prepared," Silva said.

The former Pride champion recalled Belfort’s bout against Jon Jones at UFC 152; he believes his rival should place more of an emphasis on his speed, which he did not against the light heavyweight champion.

"Belfort gave only a sprint against Jones -- in the third round. That had to be given in the first round, then he would have won. He has to control the distance and try to win by knockout. But if the fight goes on, I think things will get better for Bisping," Silva said.

Silva also chimed in on the controversial duel for the light heavyweight title between Jones and Sonnen, which is expected to take place on April 27. Silva does not agree with those who consider the matchup meaningless.

"Whatever the boss [UFC President Dana White] says, I sign underneath. If he thinks this fight is fair, then I think he's absolutely right,” Silva said, laughing. “It was a fight I wanted to see; [but] Jones will swallow Sonnen. I spoke with Jones and told him that he can win the fight only with jabs, with one hand tied behind his back. The only person who can beat Jones today is Anderson [Silva].”

In regards to the dream showdown between “The Spider” and Jones, Mad Dog said he spoke with the American on the matter, but he would not say whether Jones would accept the superfight.

"He talked to me about Anderson, but I cannot say what, obviously,” joked Silva.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 26 days ago
  • 20 views

While everyone seems to think Vitor Belfort will be unable to compete at the same level that he did while using testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), the Brazilian believes he’s actually better off read news >>

  • 11 days ago
  • 23 views

Anderson Silva added another feat to his long list of accomplishments. The former UFC middleweight champion, and arguably the best mixed martial artist of all time, who returns to the Octagon on Jan. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 33 views

There were a lot of Vitor Belfort fans bitching and moaning about the playing field as we head into the UFC 184 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for Feb. 28, 2014 inside the Staples Center in Los read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 145 views

"The Phenom" has no doubt of his improvement after stopping "a boring and bothering treatment". Vitor Belfort is sure that he's now a better fighter than he was when using TRT. Previously a strong de read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 2 views

With news that UFC middleweight Vitor Belfort had passed the first of assumably several random drug tests, the No. 1 contender sounds happy to be moving forward without testosterone replacement thera read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 75 views

Vitor Belfort was injecting himself with Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), but the truth is, he didn't even like it. Sure, it made him look good, but "The Phenom" is actually much better off si read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 5 views

As he prepares to challenge UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort says he's "stronger, lighter and faster" since he quit using TRT. read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 12 views

Wanderlei Silva is at it again with another video blasting the UFC. This time, his monologue was mostly about his assertion that the UFC threatened to sue him if he appeared at a Bellator fan event e read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 172 views

"I am retired, I don't fight anymore, I lost the desire. So what stops me from generating income now? Are these people going to keep threatening me? They'll keep coming to sue me every time I work wi read news >>

Jump to: