Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Alan 'The Talent' Belcher Retires

Alan Belcher called it a career Friday, announcing his retirement from MMA after an 11-year journey which included 18 victories and nine knockouts. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov opts against retirement but won't get desired Al Iaquinta matchup

Although another recent injury had Khabib Nurmagomedov considering retirement, he’s opted to fight on. But he won’t get his desired matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'Cro Cop' pulls out of UFC Fight Night 79 co-headliner, announces MMA retirement

Mirko Filipovic is out of this month’s UFC Fight Night 79 co-headliner. He’s also apparently done with the sport.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Before retirement, 'Big Nog' was spending 7 months a year 'doing physical therapy'

SAO PAULO – Retired UFC heavyweight and former interim champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira decided he needed to retire when he realized how he was spending most of his time.Filed under: Featured Videos read news >>

Former UFC Contender Alan Belcher Announces Retirement

Former UFC middleweight contender Alan Belcher announced his retirement from mixed martial arts on Friday. read news >>

Why UFC vet Thiago Tavares didn't mind that deep gash and recent TKO loss

Veteran UFC featherweight Thiago Tavares said he doesn’t necessarily get hung up on whether he wins or loses his fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Former UFC middleweight contender Alan Belcher announces retirement

Out of action for the past two-and-a-half years, Alan Belcher today made it official: He’s officially retired.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': 'Just a short guy that can punch hard'

Daniel Straus said he doesn’t view Friday’s Bellator 145 featherweight championship showdown with Patricio Freire as a last chance or do-or-die opportunity.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Longtime Bellator fighter Brett Cooper, 28, announces retirement

Brett Cooper, who’s enjoyed a long run with Bellator, has apparently called it quits on his MMA career.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

The Speed Bag: Miesha Tate's retirement talk actually makes sense

In this week’s edition of The Speed Bag, Ben Fowlkes breaks down why Miesha Tate’s retirement talk makes plenty of sense.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>