Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Is it True, Did Conor McGregor Just Retire?

Conor McGregor lit the mixed martial arts world on fire on Tuesday, announcing his retirement... via Twitter. read news >>

Conor McGregor Made a 'Big Mistake' with UFC Retirement Tweet, Says Chael Sonnen

Former UFC star Chael Sonnen believes Conor McGregor's retirement tweet was a "big mistake" brought on by the Irishman's desire to negotiate a new deal with the company. The 39-year-old took part in read news >>

With Paddy Holohan's retirement, Willie Gates gets new UFC Fight Night 87 opponent

With Paddy Holohan officially announcing his retirement on Monday, Willie Gates has a new opponent for next month’s UFC Fight Night 87 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

After the Octagon: After finding self, Frankie Perez helping others in retirement

Frankie Perez shocked the world when he retired immediately after winning his first UFC bout. But since then he hasn't gone far from the sport - all the while helping to make the difference in the li read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs in on Kevin Costner’s Desire for Olympic MMA

• 6 hours ago

On this episode of Beyond the Fight, Chael Sonnen weighs in on award winning actor Kevin Costner's desire to see mixed martial arts in the Olympics. read news >>

VIDEO: Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Steal the Show at UFC 200 New York Press Conference

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones immediately stole the show, smack talking each other at the UFC 200 press conference at Madison Square Garden. read news >>

Travis Browne Explains Why MMA Math Doesn’t Work

Heavyweight contender Travis Browne explains why "MMA math" doesn't work, and why it can't be applied in his UFC 200 bout against former champion Cain Velasquez. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor’s Coach is Undermining His UFC Power Play

Chael Sonnen says he laid out the blueprint for Conor McGregor to follow, but McGregor's coach is undermining his UFC power play. read news >>

Dana White Discusses Conor McGregor Retirement Tweet, Notorious' Future, UFC 200

UFC president Dana White believes featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn’t retiring and will fight again for the organisation in the next year, and he said the decision to pull the Irishman from t read news >>

Conor McGregor vs the UFC? Making Sense of a Notorious 'Retirement' Announcement

Conor McGregor “retired” on Tuesday. Air quotes, because he’s 27 years old, and loves making and spending money, and because, MMA, y’all. Really, nobody outside of McGregor’s inner circle knows exact read news >>