Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Brock Lesnar’s Return and USADA Drug Testing Rules

Chael Sonnen discusses former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return and USAD drug testing rules during the latest edition of "Beyond the Fight." read news >>

Carlos Condit Foregoes Retirement to Fight Demian Maia at UFC 202

Carlos Condit has opted not to retire. He will instead face Demian Maia at UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2. read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones Makes Quick Work of Chael Sonnen

Jon Jones defended his light heavyweight belt for the fifth time when he defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 159. Check out that fight. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs In on BJ Penn’s IV Ban Suspension

Chael Sonnen weighs in on UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn's recent suspension for violating the IV ban portion of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Doesn’t Seem Too Impressed by His Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt (UFC 200 Video)

Brock Lesnar just received a blue belt in jiu-jitsu and doesn't seem that impressed by himself or belts in general. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Mark Hunt Will Beat Brock Lesnar, It’s a Lock!

Chael Sonnen weighs in on WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar's return to the Octagon at UFC 200. He's facing Top 10 heavyweight Mark Hunt, and Lesnar will lose! read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: The Jon Jones Situation

Jon Jones is in a very similar situation that Chael Sonnen was a few years ago. Listen here for Chael's perspective on Jon's failed drug test and press conference. read news >>

Two UFC Veterans Allege Jon Jones Tested Positive for Estrogen Blockers

Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen allege that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in the drug test that led to him being pulled from UFC 200. read news >>

Bad Blood Boils Over Between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen

Chael Sonnen's recent comments on Jon Jones being yanked from UFC 200 has stirred a hornet's nest, and now there's some choice words between the two camps. read news >>

UFC Icon Chael Sonnen Looks to Reinvent Grappling with Submission Underground

Chael Sonnen reinvented the mixed martial arts game, at least from a promotional point of view, during his decade-plus career as a perennial UFC contender. Known for his motor mouth, even more so tha read news >>