Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Bellator 170's Chael Sonnen fighting Tito Ortiz, but hasn't forgotten about Wanderlei Silva

When Wanderlei Silva returns to the cage, Chael Sonnen will be waiting. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kennedy thanks troops in farewell to Octagon

In a Facebook post announcing his retirement on Tuesday, Tim Kennedy wrote of his reasons for walking away from the sport at the age of 37, and also touched on his greatest moment in a pro career tha read news >>

The fighter who got caught doping and immediately admitted 'I am a cheat'

• a day ago

Mike Richman tested positive for steroids following a 2015 Bellator bout, and then he surprised the sport by breaking from the usual script with a frank admission: He did it, and he had no excuse. Fi read news >>

Oh, just your average interview with Bellator 170's Chael Sonnen – with one small exception

• a day ago

In case you haven’t noticed, Chael Sonnen likes to poke fun at the dreadfully self-serious Tito Ortiz. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

That time Tito Ortiz met Chael Sonnen backstage at UFC 136, and how it (allegedly) led them to Bellator 170

• 8 hours ago

LOS ANGELES – Bellator light heavyweight Tito Ortiz remembers the day he walked into Chael Sonnen’s dressing room after Sonnen’s submission of Brian Stann at UFC 136.Filed under: Featured, Featured V read news >>

For Bellator 170's Chael Sonnen, getting back into training camp a little harder post-TRT

• 7 hours ago

LOS ANGELES – Bellator light heavyweight Chael Sonnen makes no bones about it: He underwent testosterone-replacement therapy because it worked. And he did it because was legal, until it wasn’t.Filed read news >>

BJ Penn’s Coach: ‘I’m Very Supportive of BJ Retiring’ | MMAWeekly.com

• 6 hours ago

Former two-division UFC champ BJ Penn came out of retirement to fight rising star Yair Rodriguez, but is it time he call it quits for good? read news >>

Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen Pre-Fight Press Conference Video | MMAWeekly.com

• 4 hours ago

Watch the Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen pre-fight press conference, which features headliners Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen, live at 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Talks Move to Bellator MMA, Tito Ortiz and Whether Bad Men Also Cry

• 3 hours ago

Near the end of the five-minute video vignette Bellator MMA produced to publicize Saturday’s fight against Tito Ortiz, Chael Sonnen starts to cry. The footage is remarkable for at least two reasons. read news >>

Video: Super-serious Tito Ortiz squares off with 'comedian' Chael Sonnen before Bellator 170

• an hour ago

LOS ANGELES – Today’s news conference for Bellator 170 featuring more than a handful of laugh-out-loud moments from Chael Sonnen, and more than a handful of moments of Tito Ortiz being classic Tito O read news >>