Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

With sights on motherhood, UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk says retirement not far off

Appreciate Joanna Jedrzejczyk now – because the reigning UFC strawweight champion might not be active in the sport for much longer.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

We asked UFC 205 fans to predict McGregor vs. Alvarez – and then immediately regretted it

NEW YORK – Fight fans have packed New York for Saturday’s big UFC 205 event, and they’ve made their presence known. Loudly.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Says Conor McGregor Doesn’t Deserve UFC 205 Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

There are many variables that go into deciding who gets a title shot and who doesn't, and whether or not a fighter has earned it is sometimes irrelevant. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Raquel Pennington's UFC 205 upset of Miesha Tate, and Tate's retirement

Raquel Pennington earned unquestionably the most significant victory of her career when she defeated former UFC champion Miesha Tate on Saturday’s UFC 205 main card at Madison Square Garden in New Yo read news >>

UFC 205 results: Raquel Pennington dominates Miesha Tate, who announces retirement

NEW YORK – Raquel Pennington dominated her former “Ultimate Fighter” coach, Miesha Tate, to open the UFC 205 pay-per-view on Saturday. Then Tate pulled a stunner.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

NEW YORK – By the time Miesha Tate dragged Raquel Pennington into the type of grappling fight that favored her, she was already down two rounds and struggling. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Miesha Tate Announces Her Retirement at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Miesha Tate has been fighting for the past decade, but she's had enough. read news >>

Miesha Tate Retires from UFC: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

MMA fighter Miesha Tate announced her retirement from the UFC on Saturday evening. "It's not my time anymore," she announced, per SportsCenter, after losing a unanimous decision to Raquel Pennington  read news >>

Raquel Pennington Bests Miesha Tate, Sends Her into Retirement (UFC 205 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Raquel Pennington's victory over Miesha Tate, which put a capper on the former champion's career. read news >>

Dana White: Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson 2, Michael Bisping vs. Yoel Romero likely

NEW YORK – UFC President Dana White doesn’t like to match-make on fight night, but he sure had a lot of ideas about potential scraps after UFC 205. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>