Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Video: Wanderlei Silva Loses His Mind over Fabricio Werdum's UFC 188 Win

Fabricio Werdum has gained a number of fans in the years since he upset Fedor Emelianenko back in Strikeforce, but none have been as big or loyal as Pride legend Wanderlei Silva. So when Vai Cavalo b read news >>

Nate Diaz doesn’t understand how Eddie Alvarez won the fight: ‘His whole face is broken’

UFC lightweight Nate Diaz cannot fathom how the judges scored the UFC 188 co-main event for Eddie Alvarez. read news >>

Luke Rockhold responds to Michael Bisping’s knock on Chris Weidman

MEXICO CITY – Not surprisingly, UFC middleweight contender Luke Rockhold doesn’t see eye to eye with Michael Bisping’s assessment of Chris Weidman’s title reign.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

Paul Heyman on Chael Sonnen's podcast: 'Intelligent' Brock Lesnar 'greatest professional gift' ever given to him

The WWE personality was a recent guest on Chael Sonnen's "You're Welcome" podcast and spoke about how he and former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar began working with one another. Paul Heyman h read news >>

Cain Velasquez calls Fabricio Werdum 'two-faced' after breakfast incident

MEXICO CITY -- Cain Velasquez apparently doesn’t see the humor in Fabricio Werdum’s quip that he’s more Mexican than Velasquez himself.One day after Werdum made the comment about the UFC heavyweight read news >>

Former UFC contender Tyson Griffin announces WSOF release, hints at retirement

Tyson Griffin is no longer on the WSOF roster, and the former UFC contender is suggesting his fighting career may be over.Filed under: News, UFC, WSOF read news >>

Ryan Bader: Gustafsson 'just doesnt deserve' title shot against Cormier

"Darth" Bader feels he poses a "more dangerous" threat to new UFC champion Daniel Cormier than Alexander Gustafsson. read news >>

UFC Fight Night New Orleans results: Dan Henderson - there's still life in the old dog yet

Dan Henderson shuts down retirement calls with a 28 second KO of Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night: New Orleans. There's still life in the old dog yet. Last night at UFC Fight Night: New Orleans, 44-yea read news >>

After first-round KO win, 44-year-old Dan Henderson has no plans for retirement

Saturday night would have been a perfect night for Dan Henderson to call it a career. After a rough stretch to the tune of five losses in six fights, the MMA legend flattened Tim Boetsch in just 28 s read news >>

With 51 wins, Brian Ebersole announces retirement after UFC Fight Night 68 loss

NEW ORLEANS – After 70 fights, Brian Ebersole has had enough. The 34-year-old veteran fighter said he’ll retire following his UFC Fight Night 68 loss to Omari Akhmedov on Saturday night. Filed under: read news >>