Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Ronda Rousey Fought Chael Sonnen? Sonnen Tells the True Tale | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen, who is returning to the fight game in 2016 with Bellator, tells the tale of the time he and Ronda Rousey allegedly fought in a restaurant. read news >>

Why Did Chael Sonnen Return to Fight for Bellator, Not the UFC? | MMAWeekly.com

A day after Chael Sonnen inked a deal to return to MMA to fight for Bellator, not the UFC, the American Gangster hosted a throng of media to answer why. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Faces Crippling Fines if He Tests Positive at Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

In his return, Chael Sonnen has to endure much tougher drug testing scrutiny. If he slips up, his contract imposes crippling financial repercussions. read news >>

Return of the American Gangster: Chael Sonnen Opens Up About Move to Bellator

Chael Sonnen had every intention of returning to the UFC. Until he didn’t. Whatever the reason, one of the UFC’s most controversial, entertaining and bankable figures over the past seven years found read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Chael Sonnen's Anger Motivated His Return | MMAWeekly.com

Ready to fight at gangster weight, Chael Sonnen signed with Bellator to make his MMA return. He said it's because he is angry. read news >>