Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

From Around the Web

Wanderlei Silva discusses being a ‘slave’ to the UFC: I don’t want to work for them anymore

Former PRIDE champion Wanderlei Silva discusses the UFC's approach to controlling him. read news >>

Mark Munoz's retirement plan has long been in the making

Mark Munoz owns a gym, does motivational speeches and leads an anti-bullying campaign. He also runs his own wrestling camp and is trying to raise four kids with his wife Kristi. In other words, Munoz read news >>

Steroids from A to Z, and how they work to improve athletic performance

Performance enhancing drugs continue to be the centerpiece for the ongoing debate about what the sport of MMA, and the UFC in particular can do about it. With fighters continuing to pop, including th read news >>

Chael Sonnen not closing door on a Brock Lesnar UFC return just yet

Chael Sonnen was among the many who wanted to see Brock Lesnar make a UFC return. And though the former heavyweight champion recently re-signed with the WWE, Sonnen isn’t counting out a possible UFC read news >>

Diego Ferreira: Don't read too much into Dustin Poirier's weight jump

UFC lightweight Diego Ferreira doesn’t make much of Dustin Poirier’s move into his weight class.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping doesn’t understand injury-prone fighters: I don't pull out of fights

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping reveals his dismay with regards to the constant slew of fighter injury withdrawals. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Holds Reddit AMA, Says Jones vs. Rumble 'Won't Happen'

Chael Sonnen still spits hot fire when given the mic. Or, in this case, a keyboard...but the point stands. The former UFC middleweight and light heavyweight title challenger recently held a Reddit AM read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson fight 'won't happen' at UFC 187, 'mark my words'

Uh oh. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is going to defend his title against division No. 1 contender Anthony Johnson in the UFC 187 pay-per-view (PPV) main e read news >>

Drug Test? Injury? Chael Sonnen says UFC 187's Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson 'won't happen, mark my words'

Chael Sonnen gave interesting answers about Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson and Anderson Silva's failed drug test Chael Sonnen was on Reddit for one of their 'Ask Me Anything' sessions, and the former read news >>