Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Michael Bisping on Frankie Perez’s Retirement: He Doesn’t Have the ‘Cajones’ (Video)

Following Frankie Perez' surprising retirement from fighting following his win over Sam Stout on Sunday, Michael Bisping criticized the 26-year-old's decision. read news >>

After hockey, UFC Fight Night 73's Scott Holtzman doesn’t want any more fake teeth

NASHVILLE – UFC newcomer Scott Holtzman knows what it’s like to participate in a brutal sport, so the prospect of jumping into another one wasn’t easy.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Don't look now, but Fedor Emelianenko says he's in talks with the UFC

Less than a month after announcing his return to training for MMA, Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to fight the world’s best competition.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

‘Minotauro’ Nogueira not ready to commit to retirement yet

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Dana White had a quick chat after UFC 190, and it sounded like the heavyweight legend would call it quits following the unanimous decision loss to Stefan Struve. However, read news >>

The Speed Bag: You don't have to fight 'Cyborg,' Ronda Rousey, however …

Ronda Rousey doesn’t have to ever fight “Cyborg.” But in the latest edition of “The Speed Bag,” Ben Fowlkes talks about why she just might want to no matter what. Filed under: Featured, Featured Vide read news >>

Cris Cyborg threatens Ronda Rousey with legal action for steroid 'lies' in the media

When Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen were scheduled to fight back in 2013, "Bones" decided the best way to talk trash was to accuse "The American Gangster" of doing steroids his entire career, an accusati read news >>

Video: Roddy Piper was turning 'Piper's Pit' over to Chael Sonnen following GFW reenactment

Last Thursday was a very sad day for pro wrestling fans, as well as Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, after news spread that WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" R read news >>

Wanderlei Silva, other fighters push for Muhammad Ali Act in MMA

At the annual Convention of the Association of Boxing Commissions in San Diego, Wanderlei Silva and a host of ex-UFC fighters made a push for a Muhammad Ali act in the sport of MMA. The last few year read news >>

Video: Wanderlei Silva teams up with 'Stitch' Duran, promises MMA revolution

You say you want a revolution? Exiled combat sports legend Wanderlei Silva is promising a revolution in mixed martial arts (MMA), not long after he went to war with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UF read news >>

UFC 190: Did Dana White Just Announce Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Retirement?

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has had an illustrious MMA career. It's not exactly breaking news, however, that that career has been in decline for several years now. Though Big Nog, 39, has long resisted read news >>