Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

Daniel Cormier on Chael Sonnen's 'punk' comment: 'Remember the source'

Chael Sonnen recently made headlines for the first time in awhile when he chimed in on the UFC light heavyweight title situation. Speaking on his podcast, Sonnen said that anyone who would accept the read news >>

Chael Sonnen makes his Mayweather vs Pacquiao pick: 'Someone is going to sleep'

But not who you may think! As the clock ticks and the "Fight of the Century" nears, the anticipation for the "Mayweather vs Pacquiao" pay-per-view (PPV) -- live tonight (May 2, 2015) from the MGM Gra read news >>

Chael Sonnen trashes Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao bout

The self-proclaimed gangster from Oregon blasts boxing's 'Fight of the Century' on Facebook. Not every combat sports enthusiast is counting down the hours until boxing's mega-fight between Floyd Mayw read news >>

Georges St-Pierre 'not interested' in UFC return for the time being, but won't confirm retirement

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) brass put on the riveting UFC 186 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Montreal, Quebec, Canada last weekend (Sat., April 25, 2015) at the Bell Centre, but fight fans arou read news >>

Zab Judah: Floyd Mayweather trains like he doesn’t have a dollar to his name

Former boxing champion Zab Judah discusses his sparring sessions with Floyd Mayweather ahead of Pacquiao superfight on Saturday. read news >>

Before UFC deal, Cage Warriors champ Stevie Ray readied for retirement – at 24

With the volatile and fickle nature of professional MMA, careers can rise and fall in the blink of any eye. Just ask Scotland’s Stevie Ray. In the space of just two weeks, he went from seriously cont read news >>

Morning Report: Chael Sonnen says only 'a punk' would wear Jones Jones' championship belt without beating him

Chael Sonnen is certainly no stranger to the legal process. The former UFC contender is serving a two-year suspension for testing positive for banned substances, but argues now former light heavyweig read news >>

Chanel Sonnen’s advice to Jon Jones on how to get over with fans

For retired fighter turned media pundit Chael Sonnen, there’s the script most people read from when atoning for a mistake, and there’s the one that best suits this game of cage fighting (which, of co read news >>

John Dodson: Demetrious Johnson ‘doesn’t do enough for the fans to actually care about him’

Excellence is Demetrious Johnson's trade, and the only flyweight champion the UFC has ever known proved that once again this past Saturday, defending his belt with a brilliant rout over Japanese chal read news >>

Chael Sonnen 'confused' by UFC punishment of Jon Jones: 'If you part ways with a guy, cut him completely'

"I'm a little bit confused by it. You have to do something, you have to take some kind of action, I support that. But I don't fully know what it means to strip a guy of his belt. What do you do with read news >>