Wanderlei Silva may have a new opponent in Rich Franklin at UFC 147, but that doesn’t mean he’s letting old grudges go.

For six weeks, Silva spent time with rival and fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort as they coached the inaugural season of TUF Brasil, and when the season was over the two veterans were supposed to rematch.

Unfortunately, Belfort broke his hand a few weeks ago and was unable to take the fight with Silva as scheduled, and needless to say once he heard the news the former Pride champion was noticeably upset.

“It made me feel terrible because this was the main event here, I was training three months for that fight, I was ready for that fight. I lost 30 pounds for that fight and I was ready for that fight, and I look on my Twitter and Vitor broke his hand. I can’t believe it,” Silva told MMAWeekly Radio.

Silva didn’t need any motivation to face Belfort in a rematch almost 14 years in the making, but after spending so much time with him on the reality show, there was no shortage of desire to punch him in the face.

“It was heavy stuff. It’s not too easy because after he started talking, he don’t stop,” Silva said about Belfort. “I don’t know what happened. We had so much history, but he was talking a lot.”

Silva is now focused solely on facing Rich Franklin this weekend in Brazil as the headline fight for UFC 147, but when that fight is over he has some unfinished business with Vitor Belfort.

“Of course I want to fight with him,” Silva said. “I’m ready for a fight with him Saturday, but it’s going to be the next time.”

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Coach: Dan Henderson wanted Vitor Belfort or Anderson Silva after last fight

There were those on Dan Henderson's team who thought the MMA legend would just ride off into the sunset after his first-round knockout over Tim Boetsch in June. They thought the 44-year-old might tak read news >>

Belfort wants Weidman or 'trash talker' Rockhold after getting past Henderson

Vitor Belfort believes a win over Dan Henderson in November will earn him another immediate title opportunity. Vitor Belfort might have been handed a decisive loss in his title fight against Chris We read news >>

Vitor Belfort wants title shot with win over Dan Henderson in Brazil

Vitor Belfort needed three explosive wins in 2013 to earn a shot at the middleweight title, and hopes one win is enough for him to get enter another title fight. "The Phenom" is slated to meet Dan He read news >>

Updated: 'Wandy' offers no evidence to support fixed-fight claims, faces lawsuit over comments

It’s no secret that Wanderlei Silva is not fond of the UFC or its management. The former PRIDE and UFC star has been lashing out at UFC officials since running out of a gym to avoid a NSAC drug test read news >>

Goal-oriented Vitor Belfort wants another title shot after he beats Dan Henderson or he could be 'out'

Vitor Belfort, 38, isn't getting any younger. And that means he wants to see if he can accomplish his goals in mixed martial arts (MMA) without having to wait. The hard-hitting Ultimate Fighting Cham read news >>

ONE exec Rich Franklin: Promoting MMA in Asia harder than dark days of U.S.

Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin did a lot of legwork for the promotion in the U.S., trying, he said, to “spread the gospel of MMA” at a time when skepticism about the sport was still p read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz sides with Wanderlei Silva, insists UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin was 'fixed'

"Wanderlei (Silva) talking about fixed fights. I dunno, I agree with him because I kick Forrest (Griffin's) ass the third time we fought. I knocked him down three times, I took him down four times, I read news >>

ONE Championship VP Rich Franklin still planning return to UFC

The vice president of Singapore-based MMA promotion ONE Championship still plans to close out his career in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Wanderlei Silva: Ronda Rousey 'has to' fight Cris Cyborg

TMZ spoke to the MMA legend and got his opinion on Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg. TMZ caught up with Wanderlei Silva and got his thoughts on a potential Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg bout. Silva says t read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2016 with Franklin, Askren, Fernandes and more

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Rich Franklin, Ben Askren, Bibiano Fernandes, Nieky Holzken and Loren MackFiled under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>