Wanderlei Silva Predicts a Knockout Win Over Brian Stann at UFC on Fuel TV 8

Wanderlei-Silva-Cung-Le-9810-UFC-139-1Wanderlei Silva (48-12) has accumulated 24 knockouts in his legendary mixed martial arts career and predicts that number 25 will come this weekend against Brian Stann in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 8.

“I’m ready for the fight. I’ve trained well to finish the job, and I promise to knock him out in the third round,” said Silva during the event’s pre-fight press conference.

The former Pride champion returns to Japan for the first time since 2006 to compete in front of a fan base that adores him; in the venue, Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan, where he became an icon.

“It means a lot to me.  I want to say thanks to Dana (White) and the UFC for giving me the opportunity to return here to Japan.  I’m so proud to be back fighting here, and at the same time I had the best moments of my career and I know on Sunday we’re going to put on a great show for the fans,” said Silva.

Silva made his middleweight debut at UFC 110 in February 2010.  He fought twice more in the 185-pound division, but his last fight was at a catchweight of 190 pounds against Rich Franklin.  The bout with Stann marks Silva’s return to the light heavyweight division.

Stann (12-5), a former WEC light heavyweight titleholder, has competed as a middleweight for the past three years, but accepted the fight with Silva at 205.  The fight is taking place at 205 pounds because making weight for the middleweight division was difficult for Silva.

“It’s too hard.  My opponent fights at 185.  We accepted to fight at 205 and it’s better now because the diet is hard,” explained Silva.

When asked if the rest of his career will be in the light heavyweight division, Silva was undecided. “I don’t know, maybe.”

Silva has gone 3-5 inside the Octagon and is coming off a decision loss to Franklin.  He’s lost four of his last six fights, but isn’t considering retirement.

“Not yet,” he said.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Wanderlei Silva is at it again with another video blasting the UFC. This time, his monologue was mostly about his assertion that the UFC threatened to sue him if he appeared at a Bellator fan event e read news >>

"I am retired, I don't fight anymore, I lost the desire. So what stops me from generating income now? Are these people going to keep threatening me? They'll keep coming to sue me every time I work wi read news >>

Wanderlei Silva has unleashed another video, where he claims the UFC threatened to sue him, he apologizes to Cain Velasquez, and much more. read news >>

Wanderlei Silva may be retired from fighting, but that hasn’t kept him from limelighting in front of the camera.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, MMA Rumors, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Wanderlei Silva on Friday claimed that the UFC threatened to sue him if he made a $10,000 appearance at Bellator 131. read news >>

Wanderlei Silva wants to know why the UFC is blocking him from profiting from his own image. Wanderlei Silva recently had plans to appear at Bellator's big Bellator 131 event to sign autographs. Pred read news >>

Former UFC superstar, Chael P. Sonnen disscusses contract details, thoughts on Wanderlei Silva's aggressive stance with the UFC, nostalgia and whether he'll be crossing over to provide commentary for read news >>

Wanderlei Silva has more complaints about UFC contracts and fighter pay in his latest video, but can he affect real change? Retired UFC/WEC fighter Danny Downes and MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes so read news >>

Merry Christmas from Wanderlei Silva. In the MMA legend's latest video, he announces his plan to help young fighters who stand to lose out on sponsorship money with the UFC's new uniform contract wit read news >>