Wanderlei-Silva-Cung-Le-9810-UFC-139-1Wanderlei Silva (48-12) has accumulated 24 knockouts in his legendary mixed martial arts career and predicts that number 25 will come this weekend against Brian Stann in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 8.

“I’m ready for the fight. I’ve trained well to finish the job, and I promise to knock him out in the third round,” said Silva during the event’s pre-fight press conference.

The former Pride champion returns to Japan for the first time since 2006 to compete in front of a fan base that adores him; in the venue, Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan, where he became an icon.

“It means a lot to me.  I want to say thanks to Dana (White) and the UFC for giving me the opportunity to return here to Japan.  I’m so proud to be back fighting here, and at the same time I had the best moments of my career and I know on Sunday we’re going to put on a great show for the fans,” said Silva.

Silva made his middleweight debut at UFC 110 in February 2010.  He fought twice more in the 185-pound division, but his last fight was at a catchweight of 190 pounds against Rich Franklin.  The bout with Stann marks Silva’s return to the light heavyweight division.

Stann (12-5), a former WEC light heavyweight titleholder, has competed as a middleweight for the past three years, but accepted the fight with Silva at 205.  The fight is taking place at 205 pounds because making weight for the middleweight division was difficult for Silva.

“It’s too hard.  My opponent fights at 185.  We accepted to fight at 205 and it’s better now because the diet is hard,” explained Silva.

When asked if the rest of his career will be in the light heavyweight division, Silva was undecided. “I don’t know, maybe.”

Silva has gone 3-5 inside the Octagon and is coming off a decision loss to Franklin.  He’s lost four of his last six fights, but isn’t considering retirement.

“Not yet,” he said.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Edson Barboza predicts he’ll win the UFC lightweight title in 2016

Edson Barboza pocketed a fight of the night bonus following his UFC on FOX 16 win over Paul Felder in July, but wants more than a $50,000 check for his wins. The Brazilian striker, who holds a 10-3 r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 75 Fight Card Filling Up Fast

The UFC returns to the Saitama Super Arena on Sept. 26 and more fights were released this week, filling up the fight card. read news >>

Updated: 'Wandy' offers no evidence to support fixed-fight claims, faces lawsuit over comments

It’s no secret that Wanderlei Silva is not fond of the UFC or its management. The former PRIDE and UFC star has been lashing out at UFC officials since running out of a gym to avoid a NSAC drug test read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz sides with Wanderlei Silva, insists UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin was 'fixed'

"Wanderlei (Silva) talking about fixed fights. I dunno, I agree with him because I kick Forrest (Griffin's) ass the third time we fought. I knocked him down three times, I took him down four times, I read news >>

Wanderlei Silva: Ronda Rousey 'has to' fight Cris Cyborg

TMZ spoke to the MMA legend and got his opinion on Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg. TMZ caught up with Wanderlei Silva and got his thoughts on a potential Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg bout. Silva says t read news >>

Video: Frankie Edgar predicts Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor, won't wait for winner

Frankie Edgar has an idea of who will win the upcoming UFC title-unification bout between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor, but he said he’s not waiting for the winner.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, read news >>

Video: Watch Ronda Rousey knock out Bethe Correia in claymation

Check out the Claymation version of Ronda Rousey’s stunning knockout of Bethe Correia. Last Saturday night, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey moved to 12-0 in her professional record fol read news >>

Wanderlei Silva, other fighters push for Muhammad Ali Act in MMA

At the annual Convention of the Association of Boxing Commissions in San Diego, Wanderlei Silva and a host of ex-UFC fighters made a push for a Muhammad Ali act in the sport of MMA. The last few year read news >>

Video: Wanderlei Silva teams up with 'Stitch' Duran, promises MMA revolution

You say you want a revolution? Exiled combat sports legend Wanderlei Silva is promising a revolution in mixed martial arts (MMA), not long after he went to war with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UF read news >>

Ronda Rousey slams 'steroid-pumped' Cris Cyborg, Dana White predicts fight will do 2.5 million PPV buys

As soon as Cris proves she can make the 135-pound weight limit, of course. After every one of Ronda Rousey's dominant wins, questions about a potential championship clash against Cris Cyborg begin to read news >>