Wanderlei-Silva-Cung-Le-9810-UFC-139-1Wanderlei Silva (48-12) has accumulated 24 knockouts in his legendary mixed martial arts career and predicts that number 25 will come this weekend against Brian Stann in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 8.

“I’m ready for the fight. I’ve trained well to finish the job, and I promise to knock him out in the third round,” said Silva during the event’s pre-fight press conference.

The former Pride champion returns to Japan for the first time since 2006 to compete in front of a fan base that adores him; in the venue, Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan, where he became an icon.

“It means a lot to me.  I want to say thanks to Dana (White) and the UFC for giving me the opportunity to return here to Japan.  I’m so proud to be back fighting here, and at the same time I had the best moments of my career and I know on Sunday we’re going to put on a great show for the fans,” said Silva.

Silva made his middleweight debut at UFC 110 in February 2010.  He fought twice more in the 185-pound division, but his last fight was at a catchweight of 190 pounds against Rich Franklin.  The bout with Stann marks Silva’s return to the light heavyweight division.

Stann (12-5), a former WEC light heavyweight titleholder, has competed as a middleweight for the past three years, but accepted the fight with Silva at 205.  The fight is taking place at 205 pounds because making weight for the middleweight division was difficult for Silva.

“It’s too hard.  My opponent fights at 185.  We accepted to fight at 205 and it’s better now because the diet is hard,” explained Silva.

When asked if the rest of his career will be in the light heavyweight division, Silva was undecided. “I don’t know, maybe.”

Silva has gone 3-5 inside the Octagon and is coming off a decision loss to Franklin.  He’s lost four of his last six fights, but isn’t considering retirement.

“Not yet,” he said.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Mark Hunt Predicts First-Round Knockout Over Bigfoot Silva at UFC 193

Heavyweight Mark Hunt predicts that he'll knock out Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in their rematch at UFC 193 on Nov. 15 in Melbourne, Australia. read news >>

Robert Whittaker Predicts That He’ll Finish Michael Bisping at UFC 193

Rising middleweight Robert Whittaker predicts that he'll finish Michael Bisping when the two meet at UFC 193 on Nov. 15 in Melbourne, Australia. read news >>

Anthony Pettis called out by both Eddie Alvarez and Edson Barboza

When Anthony Pettis returns from his injury, he'll have no lack of a willing opponent. The former UFC lightweight champion has been on the sidelines since undergoing elbow surgery in May. And there's read news >>

UFC 194: Luke Rockhold calls his shot, predicts left-hand (or foot) finish of Chris Weidman

It's one thing to win a fight, it's quite another to call your shot and win it precisely how you predicted it. That's exactly what Luke Rockhold aims to do when he takes on Ultimate Fighting Champion read news >>

Guillard talks 'crazy' 380k Anderson Silva fine: 'He's a man, he'll deal with it'

He's fought for the UFC, WSOF, and now soon he'll make his Bellator debut. But first, Melvin Guillard spoke to Bloody Elbow about his career and what he's looking forward to in the future. A veteran read news >>

Sonnen: Jones back 'a lot sooner than you think' and 'will be champion again'

'The American Gangster' predicts Jon Jones to return to the UFC soon and believes he'll reclaim the light-heavyweight title. It's been four months since Jon Jones was stripped of the light-heavyweigh read news >>

Edson Barboza predicts he’ll win the UFC lightweight title in 2016

Edson Barboza pocketed a fight of the night bonus following his UFC on FOX 16 win over Paul Felder in July, but wants more than a $50,000 check for his wins. The Brazilian striker, who holds a 10-3 r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 75 Fight Card Filling Up Fast

The UFC returns to the Saitama Super Arena on Sept. 26 and more fights were released this week, filling up the fight card. read news >>

Updated: 'Wandy' offers no evidence to support fixed-fight claims, faces lawsuit over comments

It’s no secret that Wanderlei Silva is not fond of the UFC or its management. The former PRIDE and UFC star has been lashing out at UFC officials since running out of a gym to avoid a NSAC drug test read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz sides with Wanderlei Silva, insists UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin was 'fixed'

"Wanderlei (Silva) talking about fixed fights. I dunno, I agree with him because I kick Forrest (Griffin's) ass the third time we fought. I knocked him down three times, I took him down four times, I read news >>